It’s Time to Remove Obama From Office - Before He Gets Us All Killed

The Idea that we are doing nothing to prevent it coming here is entirely an invention of political talkers who want you to be scared and highly suggestible. Responses must reflect the true nature of the threat, not the worst fears of the misinformed.
I am not overly influenced by political (media) talking heads - as a matter of fact, I hardly notice them - from either Left or Right.

I, for one, did not say that we are doing nothing.

I say that we are not doing one particular thing - banning aircraft and shipping and personnel from the hot zones - a common-sense precaution.

If I am incorrect, and we are, indeed, executing such bans, or if there is no sound basis in medicine or science or public health precedents for such preventative measures, then I will happily concede the point.
The point is that there is no point in doing all of that. It sounds good and all but the nature of international travel makes such bans unnecessarily disruptive and ineffective. We have started tracking and checking incoming travelers from effected areas as best we can but the hard fact you must come to accept is that people lie about where they have been and who they have contacted and no border can be unfailingly closed to infectious microbes.

I dunno... this thing is scary... and most folks (myself included) are left with the impression that we're just not being anywhere near aggressive enough, in our preventative measures.

I could be wrong, but I have this sinking feeling that I'm not.

We could do everything that all of alarmists want and Ebola will still get in. I am not trying to scare you, lord knows there are enough people trying to do that, but communicable disease is a fact of life on planet earth that has no respect for politics or national borders or the best laid plans of humanity. Fighting disease is like fighting a forest fire. There is always going to be losses and setbacks before it is brought under control.
Every day and every week that we keep The Beast at bay is a window of opportunity for strengthening our medical defenses to withstand the onslaught.

If, by banning flights and shipping and personnel connected with the hot zones, we buy ourselves a week or a month or more, then it will have been worth it.

And, of course, if we do nothing, and allow the critter in without even the semblance of such preventive measures, then we guarantee its successful transmission, rather than doing whatever little we can on the outside chance that we can prevent it.

Why would we ever want to guarantee its successful transmission?

Doing something positive - even something with a low-to-medium yield or prospect for success - strikes me as more desirable than doing nothing, in that context.

A silly notion, I know.
The Idea that we are doing nothing to prevent it coming here is entirely an invention of political talkers who want you to be scared and highly suggestible. Responses must reflect the true nature of the threat, not the worst fears of the misinformed.

The "true nature of the threat" is that it is incurable, fast moving and will mutate.They can't even prove whether or not it's airborne now..and the CDC amended their cautions about how long it survives on a dry surface... and if it gets loose in a third world country with dense populations, it could lead to a pandemic.

The u.s. with open borders and (perceived) superior healthcare and will be swamped by sick third world refugees...
other than that, you're right....it's not really much of a problem.

After he infects half of us with Ebola, destroys our economy, and lets our country be taken over by muslims and Mexicans, the liberals will still be saying global warming is the biggest threat to national security.
How about you get back to us when that actually happens, eh?

Some people's compulsive obsessive behavioral symptoms are very apparent on the threads..
===============
AND ..., you are a fine example of liberscum compulsive obsessive behavioral symptoms.., get into rehab ASAP ! :up:

After he infects half of us with Ebola, destroys our economy, and lets our country be taken over by muslims and Mexicans, the liberals will still be saying global warming is the biggest threat to national security.

You won't be there to get back to--------------------------------------------:oops-28:

I'm on the Liberal side on this one, S.J. I think Mister Obama (PBUH) should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize w/Oak Leaf Cluster, installed into the Golf Hall of Fame, beatified and declared a Saint by the Pope and given 40 acres and a mule.

Yea, OK, he's president and he deserves something for six years of tokenism, but let's don't get carried away with the benefaction here, Hoss. 40 acres and a mule! Those things cost money you know. You really think he's earned 40 acres and a mule? How about 17 acres and a '76 Dodge pickup...that needs paint, and maybe a carburetor kit?
If you want to give a real clunker, just make it a 1970's model Ford truck...

Moon Glow said-If you want to give a real clunker, just make it a 1970's model Ford truck...

I had a 72 Ford truck with a 360 v-8 and three on the tree transmisson, that truck ran forever with very few problems.

8531250001_large.jpg

I dunno... this thing is scary... and most folks (myself included) are left with the impression that we're just not being anywhere near aggressive enough, in our preventative measures.

I could be wrong, but I have this sinking feeling that I'm not.

We could do everything that all of alarmists want and Ebola will still get in. I am not trying to scare you, lord knows there are enough people trying to do that, but communicable disease is a fact of life on planet earth that has no respect for politics or national borders or the best laid plans of humanity. Fighting disease is like fighting a forest fire. There is always going to be losses and setbacks before it is brought under control.
Every day and every week that we keep The Beast at bay is a window of opportunity for strengthening our medical defenses to withstand the onslaught.

If, by banning flights and shipping and personnel connected with the hot zones, we buy ourselves a week or a month or more, then it will have been worth it.

And, of course, if we do nothing, and allow the critter in without even the semblance of such preventive measures, then we guarantee its successful transmission, rather than doing whatever little we can on the outside chance that we can prevent it.

Why would we ever want to guarantee its successful transmission?

Doing something positive - even something with a low-to-medium yield or prospect for success - strikes me as more desirable than doing nothing, in that context.

A silly notion, I know.

The "true nature of the threat" is that it is incurable, fast moving and will mutate.They can't even prove whether or not it's airborne now..and the CDC amended their cautions about how long it survives on a dry surface... and if it gets loose in a third world country with dense populations, it could lead to a pandemic.

The u.s. with open borders and (perceived) superior healthcare and will be swamped by sick third world refugees...
other than that, you're right....it's not really much of a problem.
Never said it was not much of a problem, just trying to impress on you that there is no political/security solution to the problem, it all lies in the ability of modern medicine to deal with this threat. Politicians will do things and make speeches but microbes do not listen to the radio or get scared by uniforms. Also there is nothing at all to suggest that Ebola has the potential to mutate into an airborne pathogen, no virus has ever done it since we started studying them.

I'm on the Liberal side on this one, S.J. I think Mister Obama (PBUH) should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize w/Oak Leaf Cluster, installed into the Golf Hall of Fame, beatified and declared a Saint by the Pope and given 40 acres and a mule.

Yea, OK, he's president and he deserves something for six years of tokenism, but let's don't get carried away with the benefaction here, Hoss. 40 acres and a mule! Those things cost money you know. You really think he's earned 40 acres and a mule? How about 17 acres and a '76 Dodge pickup...that needs paint, and maybe a carburetor kit?
If you want to give a real clunker, just make it a 1970's model Ford truck...

Moon Glow said-If you want to give a real clunker, just make it a 1970's model Ford truck...

I had a 72 Ford truck with a 360 v-8 and three on the tree transmisson, that truck ran forever with very few problems.

8531250001_large.jpg
the '72 and '74 were the only good years, but Dodge sucked then also...Most of my friends were rebuilding the 1960's Ford truck with the stick on the floor. Me, I rebuilt Triumph Spitfires and Fiats..in the 1980's in the 1970's I always had Chevy Monte Carlo's a '72 and a '76 and a '69 chevy C-10 truck..

Last edited:
I am not overly influenced by political (media) talking heads - as a matter of fact, I hardly notice them - from either Left or Right.

I say that we are not doing one particular thing - banning aircraft and shipping and personnel from the hot zones - a common-sense precaution.

If I am incorrect, and we are, indeed, executing such bans, or if there is no sound basis in medicine or science or public health precedents for such preventative measures, then I will happily concede the point.
The point is that there is no point in doing all of that. It sounds good and all but the nature of international travel makes such bans unnecessarily disruptive and ineffective. We have started tracking and checking incoming travelers from effected areas as best we can but the hard fact you must come to accept is that people lie about where they have been and who they have contacted and no border can be unfailingly closed to infectious microbes.
An imperfect preventive measure that stops some substantial percentage of the carriers strikes me as far more desirable than not stopping that percentage, as imperfect as the measure might be - but that's just me.

Centers for Disease Control Loses Its Grip

I have lived long enough, now, to have seen it again and again. Something goes badly wrong involving a corporation, a university, a religious denomination, or a branch of government, and the executive in charge or a designated minion goes before the press to engage in what is euphemistically called “damage control.” The spokesman does not level with the public. He or she tries to be reassuring and — more often than not — by lying, succeeds in undermining confidence in the institution he or she represents.

This is what is now going on with the Centers for Disease Control. In recent years, this well-respected outfit has branched out, opining in a politically correct manner on one issue after another outside its proper remit. Now it is faced with a matter absolutely central to its responsibilities — actual disease control — and it flips and flops and flounders because the ultimate boss, the President of the United States, cannot bring himself to put limits on contacts between Americans and the citizens of the countries in Africa where there is an Ebola epidemic.

There is only one way to prevent the spread of an epidemic, and that is quarantine. No medical professional with any sense would suggest that we should admit individuals from Liberia to the United States at this time, and no medical professional worth his or her salt would say that we can test for the disease when the prospective visitor arrives at Immigration and Passport Control. Like most diseases, Ebola has an incubation period. Early on, there are no symptoms: none at all. There is no reliable way to tell whether those arriving at our ports of entry have contracted the disease or not. If we do not want it coming here, for a time, we have to keep everyone out who has been in that neck of the woods.

And what are we told by the authorities? That cutting off contact would contribute to the spread of the epidemic. “Just how?” we are entitled to ask.
But no explanation is given because, of course, there is none.
We were also told that the disease would not come here. And, when it did come here, we were told that it could easily be contained. And, when it was not contained and a medical professional wearing all the proper gear came down with the disease, we were told that he did not follow the protocol.

Perhaps, the medical professional in question really did fail to follow the protocol, though, he apparently has no notion how he fell short. Perhaps, that is it; then again, perhaps not. Honesty would require that the director of the CDC tell the truth — which is, that he does not know how this particular individual contracted Ebola.

But this he cannot say. For that would cause us to worry, and his responsibility, as he and those above him conceive it, is to cover for the President of the United States.
In fact, he works for thee and me. Our taxes make it possible for him to draw a paycheck. But this, in company with nearly everyone in the Obama administration, he has somehow forgotten; and so, in a servile fashion, he goes out in public to defend with forked tongue a policy he and every medical professional in the country knows is madness.

The truth is simple. There is an epidemic in Africa. The disease that is spreading like wildfire is horrible beyond imagination. We have suspicions as to how it spreads, but we do not know for sure. The only certain way to avoid its propagation is to avoid contact, and the President of the United States, who operates in an intellectual bubble, is unwilling to do what it is necessary to do to prevent people in the country he is sworn to serve and defend from coming into contact with contagious individuals who have the disease......

More;

The Centers for Disease Control Loses Its Grip Ricochet

Nope, only to human and animal carriers. Obama isn't serious about border security, so we are at serious risk because of it.

Wasn't that a movie on SYFY?

You won't be there to get back to--------------------------------------------:oops-28:
Be afraid, little boy. Be very afraid! The big bad boogie man is coming to get you!

Be afraid, little boy. Be very afraid! The big bad boogie man is coming to get you!

Not scared at all. Concerned for the future of my country.

Not scared at all. Concerned for the future of my country.
As am I....and you Chicken Littles don't concern me at all...except for your entertainment value. :D

Forum List

Back