Zone1 I've been an atheist for 60 years and have never once been tempted to believe in any god

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's nice.

Religion creates wonderful charities and organizations.

Religious persons and institutions are usually the first source of literacy, education, and healthcare in the poorer regions. Religion has been the source of abundant human services from hospitals, orphanages, nursing homes, and schools, to advocacy on behalf of those with no voice, to supporting cultural outreaches, and seeking always to find ways in which to protect and promote human life and its authentic flourishing
You don't need religion for any of that.

1672802431407.png

I don’t care if a person is athiest, Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Wiccan, or whatever, not my business and people have a right to believe in what they want, those that can’t handle it are sad intolerant humans, who are not sure of their beliefs.

Thank you Captian Obvious.

Now to the question you avoided:

Why would they want to convert?

Thus underlining my question.
Because one does need to do that to have a relationship with God. So the question is really why would they have to convert?

Religion promotes the virtues of thankfulness, forgiveness, humility, chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience and kindness.
Forgiveness - is that why God had to sacrifice himself to himself in order to forgive you instead of just forgiving you?

I don’t care if a person is athiest, Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Wiccan, or whatever, not my business and people have a right to believe in what they want, those that can’t handle it are sad intolerant humans, who are not sure of their beliefs.
Anyone can believe anything they like. If it makes them happy, good for them.

But if they want to go to a discussion forum and toss their magical beliefs on a table to be scrutinized, then they can expect that to happen.

Forgiveness - is that why God had to sacrifice himself to himself in order to forgive you instead of just forgiving you?
Let's not change the subject just yet. I'm trying to help you see the full picture.

Religion does what no government or other organization can do, teach civility and morality.

Let's not change the subject just yet. I'm trying to help you see the full picture.

Religion does what no government or other organization can do, teach civility and morality.
Hahahaha

What embarrassing horseshit.

We get our morality from our environment. That's why you arent stoning adulterers or massacring infidels, despite carrying the same piece of crap instruction book as those who did do these things long ago.

Anyone can believe anything they like. If it makes them happy, good for them.

But if they want to go to a discussion forum and toss their magical beliefs on a table to be scrutinized, then they can expect that to happen.
I am fine with that, it just shows how intolerant people with no real beliefs or convictions are, they can’t accept anything other than their own little world.

You're just stumped by my question.

Hahahaha

What embarrassing horseshit.

We get our morality from our environment. That's why you arent stoning adulterers or massacring infidels, despite carrying the same piece of crap instruction book as those who did do these things long ago.
Would you like to discuss it in the bull ring?

You're just stumped by my question.
No, I haven't even read it. I'm responding to something else you wrote. Apparently you need help to see the full picture.

Religion teaches accountability and responsibility.

I am fine with that, it just shows how intolerant people with no real beliefs or convictions are, they can’t accept anything other than their own little world.
Accept? Huh? Has there been mass murders or imprisonment here that nobody told me about?

"No real beliefs"

"Real" beliefs, eh? Like, believing in zombie kings and prophets on winged horses?

Jesus came with the proclamation, "Sins are forgiven." The religious leaders of his day said he had no authority to say any such thing. What was the sign? (Look up the usual signs of a new covenant between God and mankind, and that will help understand the signs the religious leaders of that day desired.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back