"I've been treated worse than Lincoln", Trump said today

Indeed. All the deranged Trumpsters coming to his defense. Honestly. Treated worse than Lincoln? SERIOUSLY? And then attacking Bush when Bush suggested we come together as a nation over the virus?

Then again, I am observant enough to know how Lincoln was treated while he was running for/became president, excluding the part where he was assassinated.

You know, because there was a time when he was alive.

Trump is a master of overstatement, that doesn't mean he's wrong.

There is a HUGE difference between Lincoln and Trump on many levels. Lincoln was highly controversial, journalism was blazing yellow, but unlike Trump I don't think Lincoln relentlessly and obsessively attacked the media or frankly lied in the daily, hourly way Trump does. Trump might be badly treated but unlike others he contributes to it because he is so thin skinned he can't let it go like his predecessors did.
Lincoln closed over 300 newspapers and put many journalists in prison without a trial.

Do you know the slightest thing about the subject you're pontificating on?

They always said Lincoln, nobody got treated worse than Lincoln. I believe I am treated worse."
In the middle of a pandemic, Donald Trump makes it at all about himself again.
God, you are stupid.

In the middle of a pandemic, YOU, and the LEFT made it about Trump.
Yeah we did because that moron while patting himself on the back is responsible for 1000,s of needless deaths for lack of acting quickly and in the american peoples best interests

They always said Lincoln, nobody got treated worse than Lincoln. I believe I am treated worse."
In the middle of a pandemic, Donald Trump makes it at all about himself again.
God, you are stupid.

In the middle of a pandemic, YOU, and the LEFT made it about Trump.
Yeah we did because that moron while patting himself on the back is responsible for 1000,s of needless deaths for lack of acting quickly and in the american peoples best interests
What should he have done sooner than he did?

Republican/rightwing press hate machine

You mean just Fox News? He had a whole battery of news organizations and press outlets coming to his defense, in lieu of acknowledging any truth that might be told about him.

No, not just Fox News. We have gone well beyond the days of main stream news outlets and cable - news is now blogs, internet, FB and countless other sources. That pick up and spread each others fare. Trump has never had his citizenship questioned, his patriotism, his loyalty to America, his stated religion, his school records, his birth certificate. Pretty damn major things.

If Trump didn't lie so much and unfairly attack everyone who criticizes him he would get far less bad press. The press has an obligarion to report when he lies. Period. The press has an obligarion to report when he attacks his critics. Period. Trump is suggesting it's unfair for news organizations to report the news.
All the so-called "journalists" he has attacked have deserved it, in spades.

One could say the same about Trump.

Exaggerate.jpg

You mean just Fox News? He had a whole battery of news organizations and press outlets coming to his defense, in lieu of acknowledging any truth that might be told about him.

No, not just Fox News. We have gone well beyond the days of main stream news outlets and cable - news is now blogs, internet, FB and countless other sources. That pick up and spread each others fare. Trump has never had his citizenship questioned, his patriotism, his loyalty to America, his stated religion, his school records, his birth certificate. Pretty damn major things.
Except for the citizenship issue, he has experienced all of that. He has been attacked for many other things. The media has called him a traitor too many times to count.

It's hilarious watching you weep for the president that got his ass kissed more than any president in history.

The press was ruthless towards Lincoln all during the Civil war. But today they idolize him as a great president.
Currently, the dishonest media vilifies Trump, but someday in the future, Trump will also be hailed as a great president. ... :cool:

For doing what?

Indeed. All the deranged Trumpsters coming to his defense. Honestly. Treated worse than Lincoln? SERIOUSLY? And then attacking Bush when Bush suggested we come together as a nation over the virus?

Then again, I am observant enough to know how Lincoln was treated while he was running for/became president, excluding the part where he was assassinated.

There is a HUGE difference between Lincoln and Trump on many levels. Lincoln was highly controversial, journalism was blazing yellow, but unlike Trump I don't think Lincoln relentlessly and obsessively attacked the media or frankly lied in the daily, hourly way Trump does. Trump might be badly treated but unlike others he contributes to it because he is so thin skinned he can't let it go like his predecessors did.
Lincoln closed over 300 newspapers and put many journalists in prison without a trial.

Yup. Do you though?

If Trump didn't lie so much and unfairly attack everyone who criticizes him he would get far less bad press. The press has an obligarion to report when he lies. Period. The press has an obligarion to report when he attacks his critics. Period. Trump is suggesting it's unfair for news organizations to report the news.

One could say the same about Trump.
Bullshit.

Yup. Do you though?
You just demonstrated your ignorance. You tried to tell us that Lincoln didn't attack the media.

Why is the President sitting in front of a picture of the Lincoln Memorial? Is that supposed to mean something? It was a virtual townhall. He wasn't actually sitting in that rinky dink chair in front of the Lincoln Memorial, was he?

Nice Try, Fox or Mr. Trump or whoever had this great idea, but sitting in front of Lincoln does not make me associate Trump with one of our greatest Presidents.

What a pathetic attempt at making this guy look good!

I will disagree with the president on the assertion that he was "treated worse than Lincoln." Lincoln was assassinated because he had the audacity to abolish slavery. Lincoln died for what he did.

Trump suffers from a biased press. He has protection. There are no real threats to his life.

However, there are some people, like you, who would wish Trump death simply because he tears apart your simple-minded ideal liberal world day by day.

Trump should temper his words. Agreed. But you should refrain from looking for every flaw or weakness the man has to make him look unappealing. You are nothing more than a petty partisan, not an objective source of information.

Oh please. The guy is a low life piece of shit. Has nothing to do with him being president. He was a piece of shit before he was pres, and he'll be one after.

Don't blame the press for putting him in the firing line when he's the one supplying the ammo.

Except for the citizenship issue, he has experienced all of that. He has been attacked for many other things. The media has called him a traitor too many times to count.

It's hilarious watching you weep for the president that got his ass kissed more than any president in history.

Really? They've called Trump a Muslim? They've claimed his school records are sealed and he's hiding something? That we don't know anything about him? That he has brought in the Muslim Brotherhood into the White House? That he wasn't born where he said?

I missed all that.

Your opinion, but free speech, and free press allow those he attacks to respond and defend themselves. The problem is Trump and his supporters like you can't handle reality and it's making Trump and trumpoholics meltdown and whine. Honeymoon is over dick breath.

Why is the President sitting in front of a picture of the Lincoln Memorial? Is that supposed to mean something? It was a virtual townhall. He wasn't actually sitting in that rinky dink chair in front of the Lincoln Memorial, was he?

Nice Try, Fox or Mr. Trump or whoever had this great idea, but sitting in front of Lincoln does not make me associate Trump with one of our greatest Presidents.

What a pathetic attempt at making this guy look good!

Has to be photoshopped. He's dumb, but not that dumb...

...hhmmm maybe....

Forum List

Back