I've come to the conclusion that bad people outnumber the good...

One of the things that I have noticed is that Methodist, Episcopalians, Lutherans, Baptist, Pentecostals, Hindu, Buddhist..… etc. won’t hate for not being their religion, but Catholics and Muslims will
Catholics don't hate anyone.

It's funny watching one of the most bitter and angry people on this forum gas on about how non-Catholics are mostly not good or nice people. Do you not have any self-awareness?

Among most Catholics, it is a given that you are pro-life.

Among non-Catholics, there is a complete lack of understanding on this issue.

They do not get, will not even try to understand, why pro-lifers oppose abortion.

It's like they do not even understand the same language.

It's simple really.

I stay out of your most personal, private life decisions and you stay out of mine.

You're starting one thread after another, ostensibly about various subjects but really, all are rants about abortion. I've noticed you do this. I've also noticed you get very nasty, attacking others. You have said you're unhappy, depressed. You might want to consider a different approach to dealing with personal problems.

Your business. Just saying I've noticed.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I have been sheltered my entire life, not really knowing many people outside my immediate circle of Catholic family and conservative friends.

But, recent headlines have convinced me that my previous belief that good people outnumber bad people is wrong. The truth is the opposite.

If good people outnumbered the bad, we would not have so many abortions.

If good people outnumbered the bad, we wouldn't have all these problems with drugs, gangs and gang violence.

If good people outnumbered the bad, we wouldn't have a major political party that has declared war on God and Christianity and all that is good and decent.

And we wouldn't have a Hollywood dominated by bad people who rape women and get away with it.

You're being fooled by confirmation bias. Turn off the internet and TV for a day, and go walk through a town. I think you'll find the good people far outnumber the bad. Take a road trip coast to coast.

Another thing I think you will find, if you do, is that good people sometimes get abortions.... good people sometimes do some drugs, or even become addicts... Christian churches just a'bustin' at the seams with Democrats.... expand your-postage-stamp-sized world, friend.

I am as anti abortion as it gets. . .

Still don't get the religious angle on it.

It's scary to think how many people might only oppose abortion because they think their religion tells them to oppose it.

It's scary to think how many people might only oppose abortion because they think their religion tells them to oppose it.
That doesn't make any sense to me.

Asking me to go outside myself as a Catholic and determine what I would believe if I weren't Catholic is an impossibility, because Catholicism is part of who I am, I would be a totally different person if I wasn't Catholic.

Asking me to go outside myself as a Catholic and determine what I would believe if I weren't Catholic is an impossibility, because Catholicism is part of who I am, I would be a totally different person if I wasn't Catholic.

I didn't ask you to do anything.

Catholic or not, you can know biology. You can and probably do know what the Constitution says. . . Right?

So, why can't you (or any other religious person) use your religion to guide your own conscience. . . But use the biological facts and the Constitution to form a more secular argument with the understanding that the government can not constitutionally push a religious perspective anyway?

It's funny watching one of the most bitter and angry people on this forum gas on about how non-Catholics are mostly not good or nice people. Do you not have any self-awareness?
If I agreed with your agenda you would love me for all my defects in my character, you would overlook them, much like you overlook the defects of your heroes the Clintons.

Catholic or not, you can know biology. You can and probably do know what the Constitution says. . . Right?

So, why can't you (or any other religious person) use your religion to guide your own conscience. . . But use the biological facts and the Constitution to form a more secular argument with the understanding that the government can not constitutionally push a religious perspective anyway?
Because the secular argument only gets you half-way to the point.

People can agree that a fetus is a human being, agree that the Constitution protects the "right to life" but still be pro-choice.

Because, they don't care, abortion is very convenient to terminate an unwanted pregnancy and secular arguments can simply be tossed aside for expediency.

People can agree that a fetus is a human being, agree that the Constitution protects the "right to life" but still be pro-choice.

Because, they don't care, abortion is very convenient to terminate an unwanted pregnancy and secular arguments can simply be tossed aside for expediency.

I can't disagree more.

When this issue is ever to be taken up again by the Supreme Court, they will not be concerning themselves with religious arguments.

I can't disagree more.

When this issue is ever to be taken up again by the Supreme Court, they will not be concerning themselves with religious arguments.
That's not going to happen until the American people turn back to God and demand that the abortion genocide be ended.

I can't disagree more.

That's not going to happen until the American people turn back to God and demand that the abortion genocide be ended.

Again, I can't disagree more. All it will take for the Supreme Court to take up the issue is for them to accept any one of the conviction appeals presented to them by any one of those convicted under a fetal homicide law.

No religion necessary no religion required.

I can't disagree more.

Again, I can't disagree more. All it will take for the Supreme Court to take up the issue is for them to accept any one of the conviction appeals presented to them by any one of those convicted under a fetal homicide law.

You have faith in human institutions which are completely unfounded. The Supreme Court will only undo Roe v. Wade when the hearts and minds of the American people have been changed, and the only way that will happen is for people to be convinced with the religious argument.

I can't disagree more.

You have faith in human institutions which are completely unfounded. The Supreme Court will only undo Roe v. Wade when the hearts and minds of the American people have been changed, and the only way that will happen is for people to be convinced with the religious argument.

Yeah well agree to disagree.

I wish you all the best of luck and success in your fight.

I'm taking another route.

It would be interesting to see which of us will have the most effect on the outcome. Which of us will change more mindsm etc.

I can't disagree more.

Yeah well agree to disagree.

I wish you all the best of luck and success in your fight.

I'm taking another route.

It would be interesting to see which of us will have the most effect on the outcome. Which of us will change more mindsm etc.
We are allies, not rivals.

Forum List

Back