I've come to the conclusion that bad people outnumber the good...

I can't disagree more.

When this issue is ever to be taken up again by the Supreme Court, they will not be concerning themselves with religious arguments.
That's not going to happen until the American people turn back to God and demand that the abortion genocide be ended.

Again, I can't disagree more. All it will take for the Supreme Court to take up the issue is for them to accept any one of the conviction appeals presented to them by any one of those convicted under a fetal homicide law.

No religion necessary no religion required.
You have faith in human institutions which are completely unfounded. The Supreme Court will only undo Roe v. Wade when the hearts and minds of the American people have been changed, and the only way that will happen is for people to be convinced with the religious argument.

Yeah well agree to disagree.

I wish you all the best of luck and success in your fight.

I'm taking another route.

It would be interesting to see which of us will have the most effect on the outcome. Which of us will change more mindsm etc.
We are allies, not rivals.

I'm cool with that but I still would like to see which of us could have a bigger effect on the outcome.

It's funny watching one of the most bitter and angry people on this forum gas on about how non-Catholics are mostly not good or nice people. Do you not have any self-awareness?
If I agreed with your agenda you would love me for all my defects in my character, you would overlook them, much like you overlook the defects of your heroes the Clintons.

The fact that you think The Clintons' are my heroes proves you know fuck all about my beliefs. You craft comforting narratives about people so you can rail against them and feel better about yourself. That's why you started this silly thread insulting every Christian that isn't a Catholic.

Last edited:
That's not going to happen until the American people turn back to God and demand that the abortion genocide be ended.

Again, I can't disagree more. All it will take for the Supreme Court to take up the issue is for them to accept any one of the conviction appeals presented to them by any one of those convicted under a fetal homicide law.

You have faith in human institutions which are completely unfounded. The Supreme Court will only undo Roe v. Wade when the hearts and minds of the American people have been changed, and the only way that will happen is for people to be convinced with the religious argument.

It would be interesting to see which of us will have the most effect on the outcome. Which of us will change more mindsm etc.

I'm cool with that but I still would like to see which of us could have a bigger effect on the outcome.
You're making an argument that will appeal to lawyers and other highly educated people who actually care what the Constitution actually says.

I'm talking at the level of the masses. The American people need to be convinced that abortion is morally wrong, and because it's morally wrong, ought to be illegal.

You're making an argument that will appeal to lawyers and other highly educated people who actually care what the Constitution actually says.

I'm talking at the level of the masses. The American people need to be convinced that abortion is morally wrong, and because it's morally wrong, ought to be illegal.

Most pro aborts deny that an abortion kills a child but also claim they don't really like abortion at the same time. That fact tells me that there is much more a lack of knowledge about the biological facts about when a child's life begins than there is about the morality of the issue.

Most pro aborts deny that an abortion kills a child but also claim they don't really like abortion at the same time. That fact tells me that there is much more a lack of knowledge about the biological facts about when a child's life begins than there is about the morality of the issue.
No, I disagree. Everyone knows it's a baby, they call it a baby every time when the mom wants to keep it. And everyone has seen the sonograms.

What we are facing is a moral problem, people's willingness to do the wrong thing because it's more expedient to do so. The temptation to rid yourself of an unwanted pregnancy is so compelling that the only way to oppose it is a compelling counter-argument: that abortion is a mortal sin, and an unrepented mortal sin will mean you go to hell.

No, I disagree. Everyone knows it's a baby, they call it a baby every time when the mom wants to keep it. And everyone has seen the sonograms.

What we are facing is a moral problem, people's willingness to do the wrong thing because it's more expedient to do so. The temptation to rid yourself of an unwanted pregnancy is so compelling that the only way to oppose it is a compelling counter-argument: that abortion is a mortal sin, and an unrepented mortal sin will mean you go to hell.

Well, if they Know it's a baby.... Why do they continually insist that it isnt?

It's a lie they tell themselves to get around the guilt of having an abortion. They don't really believe it's not a baby.

It's a lie they tell themselves to get around the guilt of having an abortion. They don't really believe it's not a baby.

I wish there were a way to find out for sure , which one of us has it right about that.

It's funny watching one of the most bitter and angry people on this forum gas on about how non-Catholics are mostly not good or nice people. Do you not have any self-awareness?
If I agreed with your agenda you would love me for all my defects in my character, you would overlook them, much like you overlook the defects of your heroes the Clintons.

The fact that you think The Clintons' are my heroes proves you know fuck all about my beliefs. You craft comforting narratives about people so you can rail against them and feel better about yourself. That's why you started this silly thread insulting every Christian that isn't a Catholic.
You always take an arrogant and smug tone of superiority when you speak to me. Do you really think you're better than me?

I wish there were a way to find out for sure , which one of us has it right about that.
We are both right. Lawyers and judges need to be convinced that Roe v. Wade did not follow the Constitution, but was a Frankenstein creation of faulty conclusions.

You always take an arrogant and smug tone of superiority when you speak to me. Do you really think you're better than me?

I only have one feeling towards you and it isn't superiority. It's pity. Besides, I am not sure you want to talk about superiority in a thread you call most non-Catholics Christians bad and unkind people. lol

I only have one feeling towards you and it isn't superiority. It's pity. Besides, I am not sure you want to talk about superiority in a thread you call most non-Catholics Christians bad and unkind people. lol
Pity is a form of superiority. You think you're better than me.

I have been sheltered my entire life, not really knowing many people outside my immediate circle of Catholic family and conservative friends.

But, recent headlines have convinced me that my previous belief that good people outnumber bad people is wrong. The truth is the opposite.

If good people outnumbered the bad, we would not have so many abortions.

If good people outnumbered the bad, we wouldn't have all these problems with drugs, gangs and gang violence.

If good people outnumbered the bad, we wouldn't have a major political party that has declared war on God and Christianity and all that is good and decent.

And we wouldn't have a Hollywood dominated by bad people who rape women and get away with it.
I've been called cynical by many people for believing that there are very few good people in the world.

The sad part is that, for the most part, the good people are the ones that aren't cynical/realistic, like us. They're the unrealistic ones that believe there are a reasonable number of good people left in the world.

That doesn't make any sense to me.

Asking me to go outside myself as a Catholic and determine what I would believe if I weren't Catholic is an impossibility, because Catholicism is part of who I am, I would be a totally different person if I wasn't Catholic.

I didn't ask you to do anything.

Catholic or not, you can know biology. You can and probably do know what the Constitution says. . . Right?

So, why can't you (or any other religious person) use your religion to guide your own conscience. . . But use the biological facts and the Constitution to form a more secular argument with the understanding that the government can not constitutionally push a religious perspective anyway?
Because the secular argument only gets you half-way to the point.

People can agree that a fetus is a human being, agree that the Constitution protects the "right to life" but still be pro-choice.

Because, they don't care, abortion is very convenient to terminate an unwanted pregnancy and secular arguments can simply be tossed aside for expediency.

I can't disagree more.

When this issue is ever to be taken up again by the Supreme Court, they will not be concerning themselves with religious arguments.

You're delusional. That will never, ever happen. It has already been established that it is the woman's choice, and why it is the woman's choice. This is why she can get an abortion, but, if you kill her fetus, it's murder.

The default value of life is Evil. Often one hears people asking why some evil thing happened or was done. Mass murder at a church, for example.

Do not wonder; this is normal. The question to ask is, "Why is there virtue?" Altruism? Charity? Philanthropy?

What causes people to deviate from the evil norm? That is the most important question, and when we figure it out we must support that factor.

In my parochial school in the 50's, we were surrounded by racial and ethnic bigotry in the larger society. But in school and church it was absolutely not tolerated in any form. We cancelled a school picnic when the small rural park would not let our couple of black kids swim in the pool. Three busload of kids...gonzo. and not one kid complained. It wouldn't have been Right to remain.

I have been sheltered my entire life, not really knowing many people outside my immediate circle of Catholic family and conservative friends.

But, recent headlines have convinced me that my previous belief that good people outnumber bad people is wrong. The truth is the opposite.

If good people outnumbered the bad, we would not have so many abortions.

If good people outnumbered the bad, we wouldn't have all these problems with drugs, gangs and gang violence.

If good people outnumbered the bad, we wouldn't have a major political party that has declared war on God and Christianity and all that is good and decent.

And we wouldn't have a Hollywood dominated by bad people who rape women and get away with it.
Then change begins with you.

Become a good person.

I didn't ask you to do anything.

Catholic or not, you can know biology. You can and probably do know what the Constitution says. . . Right?

So, why can't you (or any other religious person) use your religion to guide your own conscience. . . But use the biological facts and the Constitution to form a more secular argument with the understanding that the government can not constitutionally push a religious perspective anyway?

People can agree that a fetus is a human being, agree that the Constitution protects the "right to life" but still be pro-choice.

Because, they don't care, abortion is very convenient to terminate an unwanted pregnancy and secular arguments can simply be tossed aside for expediency.

I can't disagree more.

You're delusional. That will never, ever happen. It has already been established that it is the woman's choice, and why it is the woman's choice. This is why she can get an abortion, but, if you kill her fetus, it's murder.

Care to explain how or why a woman can still be charged with an illegal abortion if she gets one?

I can't disagree more.

Care to explain how or why a woman can still be charged with an illegal abortion if she gets one?

You mean she isn't charged with murder? Hmm, sounds like I dont have any explaining to do at all.

I can't disagree more.

You mean she isn't charged with murder? Hmm, sounds like I dont have any explaining to do at all.

Do tell me what the criminal difference is between a murder and infanticide or feticide. Dr. Gosnell would like to know that answer too.

Forum List

Back