I've heard it on here so much enough is enough

That would mean that the founding fathers supported same-sex marriage.

No probably not...anymore than they supported women and blacks voting or blacks and whites marrying. Lucky for us they wrote such a brilliant Constitution that it allows for all of them.

The Founding Fathers believed in replacing the divine right of Kings with the divine rights of the common man;

in its day that was genuinely revolutionary. It's thus quite easy to see men of that mindset supporting a very mildly revolutionary idea like same sex marriage.
And yet you support removal of the divine right to NOT have health insurance.

Yes, I've seen liberals claim MLK's speech meant he supported judging people by their race.

Pathetic, huh?

You want to hear a funny one?

Conservatives actually think MLK did not support affirmative action because of that speech

No, really....I'm serious
AA was needed at that time.

Now?

Not so much.

As much as 1964? Not even close
But affirmative action has evolved fron quotas to ensuring equal opportunity. Much like MLK would have wanted

Well, that's an interesting spin. You see, the government does not equate to the nation.

When I was in uniform, I served the nation -- NOT the government.

Do progressives simply not grasp the difference?

lol, a guy who makes a career out of working for the government insisting he never worked for the government.

In an abstract way you've actually proven how Kennedy was not a conservative.

Kennedy believed that government was a part of the solution to our problems. Quite a large part, in fact.

Conservatives, especially the modern day variety that squawk the loudest, have simply decided that government is the problem, period.

Nothing could be farther from the beliefs of JFK than that.
Thanks for proving my point that progressives can't comprehend the difference between government and nation.

When I served in uniform, I served the nation as a whole. I didn't just serve government bureaucrats. Taxpayers paid my wages; the government just wrote the check -- but the entire nation benefited -- in some small way -- from my service.

You will again utterly fail to understand this.

Government is not the nation, but the nation does not function in the absence of government. Government is how "We the people" execute our will

You want to hear a funny one?

Conservatives actually think MLK did not support affirmative action because of that speech

No, really....I'm serious

Now?

Not so much.

But affirmative action has evolved fron quotas to ensuring equal opportunity. Much like MLK would have wanted
Equal opportunity? Hardly. Not when some races are given preferential treatment with relaxed hiring standards.

Make everyone have to meet the same standards. THEN you'll have equal opportunity.

lol, a guy who makes a career out of working for the government insisting he never worked for the government.

In an abstract way you've actually proven how Kennedy was not a conservative.

Kennedy believed that government was a part of the solution to our problems. Quite a large part, in fact.

Conservatives, especially the modern day variety that squawk the loudest, have simply decided that government is the problem, period.

Nothing could be farther from the beliefs of JFK than that.
Thanks for proving my point that progressives can't comprehend the difference between government and nation.

When I served in uniform, I served the nation as a whole. I didn't just serve government bureaucrats. Taxpayers paid my wages; the government just wrote the check -- but the entire nation benefited -- in some small way -- from my service.

You will again utterly fail to understand this.

Government is not the nation, but the nation does not function in the absence of government. Government is how "We the people" execute our will
Whattya know, a prog got it right.

Like I said: I served the nation. The government just wrote my checks.

Now?

Not so much.

Equal opportunity? Hardly. Not when some races are given preferential treatment with relaxed hiring standards.
obama-in-st-louis.jpg

The American Revolution was a very significant inspiration for the French Revolution, which is where the term "Left Wing" comes from. Is that enough proof?

The American Revolution was a very significant inspiration for the French Revolution, which is where the term "Left Wing" comes from. Is that enough proof?
It's not proof at all.

But it's hilarious that you think it is. :lmao:

Any professional would take it at least as an indication there were liberal initiatives involved in the American Revolution (the word liberal is very fluid, it's not a static unbending set of policy stances like I think the OP perceives it to be).

which liberal policy would the founders of America support?

Let's go with this...."Against authoritarian rule"

Back in those days, that was very liberal, lol.

Last edited:
It's not proof at all.

But it's hilarious that you think it is. :lmao:

Any professional would take it at least as an indication there were liberal initiatives involved in the American Revolution (the word liberal is very fluid, it's not a static unbending set of policy stances like I think the OP perceives it to be).
Yes, the Founders were Classical Liberals.

Modern liberals are NOT Classical Liberals.
which liberal policy would the founders of America support?

Let's go with this...."Against authoritarian rule"

Back in those days, that was very liberal, lol.
But liberals today support authoritarian rule -- whether here or elsewhere in the world.

Try again.

The founders were not close to liberalism.

They opposed government controlling every aspect of your daily life.
They opposed career politicians.
They opposed lobbyists.
They believed in states rights.
They believed in limited government.
They believed in people doing for themselves.
They believed in the US having a military
They believed in property ownership

They opposed lobbyists.

You can't support any of those statements

They opposed lobbyists.

Then indeed the Framers were liberal, as liberals support the above as well.

More importantly, liberals support and understand the above in their appropriate Constitutional and legal context, as intended by the Framers.

For example, liberals oppose government controlling every aspect of one’s daily life, particularly with regard to privacy rights, due process rights, and equal protection rights. Liberals also correctly understand, as did the Framers, that although inalienable, rights are not absolute, and are subject to appropriate, reasonable government restrictions.

Liberals support state’s rights, and as did the Framers correctly understand that Federal laws, the Federal Constitution, and rulings by Federal courts are supreme, where the states do not have the ‘right’ to ‘ignore’ or ‘nullify.’ Federal laws.

Liberals believe very much in limited government, where government lacks the authority to dictate to a woman whether she may have a child or not, lacks the authority to deny same-sex couples access to marriage, lacks the authority to deny immigrants their due process rights, lacks the authority to compel public assistance applicants to take drug tests, and where government lacks the authority to place undue burdens to the right to vote.

In fact, since the Foundation Era, liberals have been at the forefront of championing limited government and enhancing the civil liberties of all persons.

And Liberals believe in individualism, the military, and private property ownership – just as did the Framers, who, again, were clearly liberal.

They opposed lobbyists.

You can't support any of those statements

Can very easily proven as those are in the constitution and the paper written by the men.

They opposed lobbyists.

Then indeed the Framers were liberal, as liberals support the above as well.

More importantly, liberals support and understand the above in their appropriate Constitutional and legal context, as intended by the Framers.

For example, liberals oppose government controlling every aspect of one’s daily life, particularly with regard to privacy rights, due process rights, and equal protection rights. Liberals also correctly understand, as did the Framers, that although inalienable, rights are not absolute, and are subject to appropriate, reasonable government restrictions.

Liberals support state’s rights, and as did the Framers correctly understand that Federal laws, the Federal Constitution, and rulings by Federal courts are supreme, where the states do not have the ‘right’ to ‘ignore’ or ‘nullify.’ Federal laws.

Liberals believe very much in limited government, where government lacks the authority to dictate to a woman whether she may have a child or not, lacks the authority to deny same-sex couples access to marriage, lacks the authority to deny immigrants their due process rights, lacks the authority to compel public assistance applicants to take drug tests, and where government lacks the authority to place undue burdens to the right to vote.

In fact, since the Foundation Era, liberals have been at the forefront of championing limited government and enhancing the civil liberties of all persons.

And Liberals believe in individualism, the military, and private property ownership – just as did the Framers, who, again, were clearly liberal.

Amazing how the far left will try and justify their stance as being with the founders and be so far off base.

Forum List

Back