Jailed Kentucky clerk refusing to back down in gay marriage dispute

She should have just done her job

Yeah, kinda like a Nazi Death Camp guard just did their jobs.

It may be news to you young'uns but we need to have people who work in government follow their conscience superior to 'just doing their job'.

And we cannot have a county clerk who decides she is above the law. She appealed to the highest court and was turned down. This is not about Nazi death camps. This is not even about homosexuality. This is about issuing a freakin marriage license. If it goes against her religious beliefs, she can resign. She was even given the chance to agree to allow one of the deputy county clerks to issue the licenses to same-sex couples, with Davis simply not interfering. She refused even that.

Because the majority cannot vote away the rights of a minority. Whether you like it or not, the US Constitution protects the minority from the majority mob.

The US Constitution also does not give the SCOTUS the power to redefine words that have been in use for millennia.

Gay marriage is a just another example of judicial tyranny and does not give the fags the approval they crave so much as it did not come by popular vote but by judicial fiat.

And they gave yet one more reason for a States Constitutional Amendment Article V Convention.

BRING IT ON! Lets throw them dice!

So you are mad that 9 highly qualified, vetted, jurists made the decision that they did. But you are fine with a county clerk, with little or no legal education, defying her boss and multiple court rulings??

That is hypocrisy on an astounding level.

[

So you are mad that 9 highly qualified, vetted, jurists made the decision that they did. But you are fine with a county clerk, with little or no legal education, defying her boss and multiple court rulings??

That clerk came to her Religious beliefs recently after years of "disorderly marital conduct".......when the Berrigan brothers stood up for their faith against war they got long jail sentences as did their sister and many others ...those are real people...Kim Davis is a phony......

[

That clerk came to her Religious beliefs recently after years of "disorderly marital conduct".......when the Berrigan brothers stood up for their faith against war they got long jail sentences as did their sister and many others ...those are real people...Kim Davis is a phony......

i still think Kim is looking to make a fortune from this. She will get donations. She will do the xtian talk show circuit ect ect ect

[

i still think Kim is looking to make a fortune from this. She will get donations. She will do the xtian talk show circuit ect ect ect
Yup. I wonder which GOP candidate will scoop her up first and get her onstage at a rally. Well... if she makes it out of jail that is. :laugh:

[

Well, that is how Jessie and Al do it. Except, of course they just so happened to always be on the PC side. Which in essence is the exact opposite of what this woman is doing.

You know?

Muslim manager to hamburger seeker

121010051902-carey-uk-london-islamic-cleric-deport-00013513-story-body.jpg

"sorry I am not going to risks my immortal soul putting bacon strips on your burger" no no other clerk can do that either as it makes me guilty they work for me......

"sorry I am not going to risks my immortal soul putting bacon strips on your burger" no no other clerk can do that either as it makes me guilty they work for me......

Well, as a free market capitalist, I say let the market decide. Not courts.

If someone wants to patron their establishment knowing they cannot get a bacon cheeseburger then so be it.

That is they it should be done. However, that is not how you communist pawns are sold by your communist masters. You think there needs to be a LAW that someone private business should conduct themselves that violate their religious beliefs. Which is clearly allowed according to the constitution that you pieces of shit hate so much.

Fucking idiot.

Fucking idiot.

Hey "Fucking idiot" the Free Market does not get to choose who gets Constitutionally guaranteed Right...other wise a numb nuts Poltroon like you would still be owning "The Negro"

You are a "Moronista"

If someone wants to patron their establishment knowing they cannot get a bacon cheeseburger then so be it.

That is they it should be done. However, that is not how you communist pawns are sold by your communist masters. You think there needs to be a LAW that someone private business should conduct themselves that violate their religious beliefs. Which is clearly allowed according to the constitution that you pieces of shit hate so much.

Fucking idiot.

If that were the case then blacks would still be banned from lunch counters all over the south. But then, you might be ok with that too.

Yeah, kinda like a Nazi Death Camp guard just did their jobs.

It may be news to you young'uns but we need to have people who work in government follow their conscience superior to 'just doing their job'.

And we cannot have a county clerk who decides she is above the law. She appealed to the highest court and was turned down. This is not about Nazi death camps. This is not even about homosexuality. This is about issuing a freakin marriage license. If it goes against her religious beliefs, she can resign. She was even given the chance to agree to allow one of the deputy county clerks to issue the licenses to same-sex couples, with Davis simply not interfering. She refused even that.

This is about a person being able to say 'No' to government orders and procedures due to violation of their personal ethics, and this should NEVER be against the law or punishable by imperial judges.

You libtards are so freakingly funny, while you have your President in power you love imperial PResidents and the same goes for when you control Congress, then you whine about the other side having power when they get it. And the Republican whores do the very same thing.

That is why the rest of us are sick to death of you partisan hacks. Your bullshit causes real people to get hurt or put in jail for no damned good reason.

But you are OK with that while things are going your way, but that pendulum always swings back the other way, dude.

And he has every right not to, and Burger King should be able to let him go for not being able to do his job, but he shouldn't go to JAIL for it, ass hat.

[

This is about a person being able to say 'No' to government orders and procedures due to violation of their personal ethics,

She can say "No" to Government orders however she has to vacate her 80 K a year with Government benefits job...that is all ...she cannot have it both ways of "refusing to do her job and also refusing to leave the job" its "highly illogical"

Actually her mother was the clerk there for 40 years and this woman worked as deputy clerk for 26 years without ever having her performance called into question.
Remarkable, since she worked for her mommy...

And she works for the taxpayers, not God. They get to set the rules, not her or her God.
What a wonderful idea; let the Rowan County taxpayers vote on whether they should support marriage between same sex couples. Now why didn't anyone think to let the people vote on the issue. You are so illtelligintimate ty :eusa_whistle:

same sex marriage is the law of the land. If she did not deny those who were muslim, jewish, santanist, those of mixed faith or race, etc., then she had not right to deny gays.
At work she is supposed to do her job, not judge those applying for a license because of her faith.
Faith should be internal, not imposed on the rest of the country.
At home, at church, and in her personal life she is free to believe what she want, but being that others in the country are also free to believe their what ever, she cannot deny them when they come to get a license.

Would a police man at at a traffic corner only allow the white car to go first and then the grey and make the red cars wait for everyone else?

Should a fireman only put out fires in brick houses and not the wood houses?

You cannot pick and choose who to serve, especially if you work for the government. She had to raise her hand and make a oath to serve as an elected official. If she can't do her job, she should not have made the oath "so help me god".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Section 228 of the Kentucky Constitution, oath of officers and attorneys:

Members of the General Assembly and all officers, before they enter upon the execution of the duties of their respective offices, and all members of the bar, before they enter upon the practice of their profession, shall take the following oath or affirmation:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of ——————— according to law; and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God."

———

— Source: Kentucky Legislative Research Commission

And he has every right not to, and Burger King should be able to let him go for not being able to do his job, but he shouldn't go to JAIL for it, ass hat.
If the Allahnista refused to leave the building after Burger King fired him then " burly Police" would come into play...
Kim "the Martyr" Davis refuses to do her job but also refuses to resign...the issue of Gay Marriage has gone to the Supreme Court and Legal gay marriage is the law....any questions?

She should have been relieved of that part of the clerk's position and her beliefs respected. She should not have been jailed for refusing to deny her beliefs.
Had she not kept the other clerks from doing their job, and she's still refusing not to interfere, she wouldn't be in jail right now.

Amen and amen (no pun intended)

If all she did was refuse to issue marriage licenses to gays, there shouldn't have been a problem. She could have advised others in her office that her faith prevented her from issuing licenses to gays and then asked them to help her by filling in for her when she needed them. When a gay couple came in, she could have discreetly absented herself and allowed another person to issue the license.

Had she done this, she could have asserted her right to “reasonable accommodations” of her religious beliefs. Issuing licenses to gays would consume an insignificant amount of her work schedule. Her county has a population of around 23,000. Many of these are children and only about 5% of the adult population is gay. I don't know what the marriage rate is for gays but I do know that not all gays want to get married. I doubt that even 100 gay couples would apply for marriage licenses each year so having another person perform this task would not be an undue burden on anyone.

The problem is that she wouldn't allow anyone in her office to issue the license and this makes “reasonable accommodations” impossible. The judge did the only thing he could possibly do. His job was to enforce the law and the law said that the Clerk's Office would issue marriage licenses. The law also gives gays the same rights to marry as heterosexual couples. The judge wisely refused to let her off with a fine. The judge knew the fine would not change her behavior because she would probably not pay the fine herself and would most likely profit by the affair.

For the record, I spent a good part of my life defending employees against disciplinary actions and enforcing their rights. I know what “reasonable accommodations” are and they do not include forcing a government agency to cease performing a statutory duty. Anyone who thinks that forcing gay couples to drive to another county to get a marriage license is a “reasonable accommodation” does not know the law.

her name is on the license, just the treasurer and Secretary treasurer's name is on our money.

She took an oath to serve and failed to abide by the law.

Fucking idiot.

If that were the case then blacks would still be banned from lunch counters all over the south. But then, you might be ok with that too.

Oh so you would at a pl
Actually her mother was the clerk there for 40 years and this woman worked as deputy clerk for 26 years without ever having her performance called into question.
Remarkable, since she worked for her mommy...

And she works for the taxpayers, not God. They get to set the rules, not her or her God.
What a wonderful idea; let the Rowan County taxpayers vote on whether they should support marriage between same sex couples. Now why didn't anyone think to let the people vote on the issue. You are so illtelligintimate ty :eusa_whistle:

same sex marriage is the law of the land. If she did not deny those who were muslim, jewish, santanist, those of mixed faith or race, etc., then she had not right to deny gays.
At work she is supposed to do her job, not judge those applying for a license because of her faith.
Faith should be internal, not imposed on the rest of the country.
At home, at church, and in her personal life she is free to believe what she want, but being that others in the country are also free to believe their what ever, she cannot deny them when they come to get a license.

Would a police man at at a traffic corner only allow the white car to go first and then the grey and make the red cars wait for everyone else?

Should a fireman only put out fires in brick houses and not the wood houses?

You cannot pick and choose who to serve, especially if you work for the government. She had to raise her hand and make a oath to serve as an elected official. If she can't do her job, she should not have made the oath "so help me god".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Section 228 of the Kentucky Constitution, oath of officers and attorneys:

Members of the General Assembly and all officers, before they enter upon the execution of the duties of their respective offices, and all members of the bar, before they enter upon the practice of their profession, shall take the following oath or affirmation:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of ——————— according to law; and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God."

———

— Source: Kentucky Legislative Research Commission

So are you saying mayors that violate the LAW OF THE LAND should be put in prison too?

You know, the ones that provide sanctuary cities to illegals?

How those laws of the land?

Now, let us see that liberal hypocrisy on full display. I will bet a caring liberal like you allows illegals to camp out at your house, don't you?

You are all bloviated hypocrites who use your compassion when it is convenient. Your moral platitudes that you shout down from are illusions. You are all pawns of your communist masters. Period.

Forum List

Back