Jailed Kentucky clerk refusing to back down in gay marriage dispute

Whatever happened to

Well+Behaved+Women1.png

Waiting for an answer femitwats.
What feminist ever fought to suppress the right for people to get married?
In millions of cases, they suppress the right for people to even be born.
There is no right to life. Just the living, the dead, and the in-between...

Actually her mother was the clerk there for 40 years and this woman worked as deputy clerk for 26 years without ever having her performance called into question.
Remarkable, since she worked for her mommy...

And she works for the taxpayers, not God. They get to set the rules, not her or her God.

Our government is doing the same thing to her that the pilgrims left their country because of.......... It is called religious persecution. And it is in it's infancy. It will culminate in colosseum type events with chants of death from the crowd. Paint and others will cheer the deaths of many and will think their liberal America is being blessed by the murders. They are not.
Enjoy your 15 min.
Eternity is coming.
Eternity is the least of my problems but the greatest of yours. Strangely enough we both get nothing, which I approve of and you would feel cheated by but you will never know. Dead is dead, period.

We are without end. Dead is nothing more than shedding our terrestrial part.

Actually her mother was the clerk there for 40 years and this woman worked as deputy clerk for 26 years without ever having her performance called into question.

And she works for the taxpayers, not God. They get to set the rules, not her or her God.

Our government is doing the same thing to her that the pilgrims left their country because of.......... It is called religious persecution. And it is in it's infancy. It will culminate in colosseum type events with chants of death from the crowd. Paint and others will cheer the deaths of many and will think their liberal America is being blessed by the murders. They are not.
Enjoy your 15 min.
Eternity is coming.
Eternity is the least of my problems but the greatest of yours. Strangely enough we both get nothing, which I approve of and you would feel cheated by but you will never know. Dead is dead, period.

We are without end. Dead is nothing more than shedding our terrestrial part.
Dead is worm food, like all other living creatures, including worms. What you've been told is eternal truth is a lie, like all religion, without exception.

God: I give thee life.
You: Wonderful, but I want more, I want an eternal life of comfort and joy in a paradise without pain or suffering?
God: Fuck you...

She should have just done her job

She should have been relieved of that part of the clerk's position and her beliefs respected. She should not have been jailed for refusing to deny her beliefs.
Had she not kept the other clerks from doing their job, and she's still refusing not to interfere, she wouldn't be in jail right now.

Actually her mother was the clerk there for 40 years and this woman worked as deputy clerk for 26 years without ever having her performance called into question. No problem with her doing her job.
The problem isn't one of performance, it is one of freedom to PRACTICE her religion that is in question. The government is trying to take away her beliefs and substitute their beliefs, insisting that theirs take precedent over her own. She was thrown in jail because of her religion. A practice that is going to become common place in this country for every religion but Islam.

No, she wasn't thrown in jail because of her religion and no, the government isn't trying to take away her beliefs. She has the freedom to practice her religion. What she doesn't have is the freedom to discriminate against others in her capacity as a government official.

Yes she was, and yes they are. What they are telling her is she can have her religion, just not practice it. Let someone else handle gay paperwork instead of forcing her to disregard something she feels so strongly about.

What a wonderful idea; let the Rowan County taxpayers vote on whether they should support marriage between same sex couples. Now why didn't anyone think to let the people vote on the issue. You are so illtelligintimate ty :eusa_whistle:

Actually her mother was the clerk there for 40 years and this woman worked as deputy clerk for 26 years without ever having her performance called into question. No problem with her doing her job.
The problem isn't one of performance, it is one of freedom to PRACTICE her religion that is in question. The government is trying to take away her beliefs and substitute their beliefs, insisting that theirs take precedent over her own. She was thrown in jail because of her religion. A practice that is going to become common place in this country for every religion but Islam.

No, she wasn't thrown in jail because of her religion and no, the government isn't trying to take away her beliefs. She has the freedom to practice her religion. What she doesn't have is the freedom to discriminate against others in her capacity as a government official.

Yes she was, and yes they are. What they are telling her is she can have her religion, just not practice it. Let someone else handle gay paperwork instead of forcing her to disregard something she feels so strongly about.

If she isn't willing to fulfill the requirements of the job she was elected to do then she can resign.

Roll back the clock and the same arguments were made when clerks refused to grant marriage licences to interracial couples because of their "religious" beliefs because their buy bull told them so

She should have been relieved of that part of the clerk's position and her beliefs respected. She should not have been jailed for refusing to deny her beliefs.
Had she not kept the other clerks from doing their job, and she's still refusing not to interfere, she wouldn't be in jail right now.

Amen and amen (no pun intended)

If all she did was refuse to issue marriage licenses to gays, there shouldn't have been a problem. She could have advised others in her office that her faith prevented her from issuing licenses to gays and then asked them to help her by filling in for her when she needed them. When a gay couple came in, she could have discreetly absented herself and allowed another person to issue the license.

Had she done this, she could have asserted her right to “reasonable accommodations” of her religious beliefs. Issuing licenses to gays would consume an insignificant amount of her work schedule. Her county has a population of around 23,000. Many of these are children and only about 5% of the adult population is gay. I don't know what the marriage rate is for gays but I do know that not all gays want to get married. I doubt that even 100 gay couples would apply for marriage licenses each year so having another person perform this task would not be an undue burden on anyone.

The problem is that she wouldn't allow anyone in her office to issue the license and this makes “reasonable accommodations” impossible. The judge did the only thing he could possibly do. His job was to enforce the law and the law said that the Clerk's Office would issue marriage licenses. The law also gives gays the same rights to marry as heterosexual couples. The judge wisely refused to let her off with a fine. The judge knew the fine would not change her behavior because she would probably not pay the fine herself and would most likely profit by the affair.

For the record, I spent a good part of my life defending employees against disciplinary actions and enforcing their rights. I know what “reasonable accommodations” are and they do not include forcing a government agency to cease performing a statutory duty. Anyone who thinks that forcing gay couples to drive to another county to get a marriage license is a “reasonable accommodation” does not know the law.

Reasonable accomodation in providing government services includes the clerk authorized to do the job who is standing in front of you requires the clerk to do the job.

She cannot be fired or her job rewritten. She can only be impeached. And that is done by the legislature that will not be in session until January.

She should have resigned.

What a wonderful idea; let the Rowan County taxpayers vote on whether they should support marriage between same sex couples. Now why didn't anyone think to let the people vote on the issue. You are so illtelligintimate ty :eusa_whistle:

Because the majority cannot vote away the rights of a minority. Whether you like it or not, the US Constitution protects the minority from the majority mob.

Rodishi sounds just like the segregations who wanted to vote again on civil rights.

No.

[

And I KNOW that you are wrong, but I am not going to waste my time trying to explain anything to a retard and moral degenerate like you.
Hint for you, you cannot know. No one does but my position is rational while yours is that of a frightened child, like all other religious morons.
Prove that I cannot know, jack ass.

Here is why I find the libtard attack on religion to be so fatal to the liberal movement.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/geneveith/2013/08/the-religious-spectrum-of-liberals-and-conservatives/

"Democrats, by contrast, were all over our analytical map: 28 percent were religious progressives, 13 percent were religious conservatives, 42 percent were religious moderates and 17 percent were nonreligious.

"Among self-identified political liberals, the proportion of nonreligious — essentially, the folks sending me those messages — was even larger: 31 percent of liberals were nonreligious, 33 percent were religious progressives, 30 percent were religious moderates and 6 percent were religious conservatives.

"Two things are thus true simultaneously: Nonreligious Americans are a very important part of the liberal constituency, yet the majority of liberals have ties to religion. The survey found that African Americans, who are deeply loyal to most liberal causes (and to the Democratic Party), are among the most religious people in the country. For liberalism to thrive, there needs to be acceptance and, even better, some respect across the boundaries of belief and nonbelief."

What is amusing about this is that Jacobins like you will never be able to constrain yourself and stop attacking religion.

So swing away, 'tard.

Yeah, kinda like a Nazi Death Camp guard just did their jobs.

It may be news to you young'uns but we need to have people who work in government follow their conscience superior to 'just doing their job'.

Because the majority cannot vote away the rights of a minority. Whether you like it or not, the US Constitution protects the minority from the majority mob.

The US Constitution also does not give the SCOTUS the power to redefine words that have been in use for millennia.

Gay marriage is a just another example of judicial tyranny and does not give the fags the approval they crave so much as it did not come by popular vote but by judicial fiat.

And they gave yet one more reason for a States Constitutional Amendment Article V Convention.

BRING IT ON! Lets throw them dice!

Forum List

Back