Jake Tapper and Dana Bash are journalists and not left wing propagandists

I'm asking a simple question ... what is your definition of a journalist? Don't give a shit about the content .. just the viewpoint of "so-called journalists" You evidently can't answer the question .. so why would I trust your opinion?
My definition? I do not have my very own definitions of words.

That is what shitheads and propagandists have.

There exist consensus and standards on what constitutes a journalist..

Here are the questions from the 1980s debates between Regan and Carter, summarized. Professional and focused on policies and their differences.

A great debate by the way and if Trump wants to win he would be wise to watch these debates as it is the most similar situation today as in any time since. Biden might benefit from watching also as Carter tried in a difficult environment.

Trump can work on his four years as an example of his successes as Reagan did his time in California as gov. there. Biden will have to promote his last 3.5 years.

Biden dealing with bad economy, mass inflation and similar accusations of a weak America.

Now, if Taper focuses on Trumps legal issues, what can we surmise?

Here are the questions asked during the 1980 presidential debate between Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan on September 21, 1980:

First Debate

How do you plan to stimulate economic growth and reduce inflation?
What is your position on energy policy, and how do you propose to deal with the energy crisis?
How do you intend to reduce unemployment, which has been high for some time?
What is your view on the role of government in American life, and how do you propose to reduce its size and influence?
What is your attitude towards the Panama Canal treaties, and do you support the treaty signed by President Carter?

Second Debate

How would you handle the issue of nuclear arms control and disarmament?
What is your proposal for dealing with the Soviet Union, and how do you plan to improve relations with that country?
How do you plan to address the issue of crime in America, particularly violent crime?
What is your stance on busing and other school desegregation methods, and how do you plan to promote racial harmony in America?
How do you plan to handle the issue of abortion, and what is your position on the Supreme Court's recent decision on the matter?

Third Debate

How do you plan to improve the economy, particularly in terms of job creation and growth?
What is your position on healthcare reform, and how do you plan to make healthcare more accessible and affordable for all Americans?
How do you plan to address the issue of air and water pollution, and what specific policies do you propose to deal with these problems?
What is your stance on energy independence, and how do you plan to achieve it?
How do you plan to promote American interests abroad, particularly in terms of foreign policy and international trade?

Uhm, nope. Maddow is a talking head commentator -- like Sean Hannity. She is not considered a journalist. But I can see why you would consider her being a journalist.

You're not very bright.
1719351100303.png
The real world disagrees with you

Statement of fact: Jake Tapper and Dana Bash are journalists, and they are not left wing propagandists.

Facts. Not subjective at all. Neither Jake Tapper nor Dana Bash have ever been accused of being anything but professional journalists and as far as being left wing is concerned...

Even Wikipedia as a reference for who these two highly respected journalists are, should dissuade any reasonable person of the idea that either could be or is left wing.

As far as the propagandist nonsense goes: words have meanings.

What’s your point?

Uhm, nope. Maddow is a talking head commentator -- like Sean Hannity. She is not considered a journalist. But I can see why you would consider her being a journalist.

You're not very bright.
The real world disagrees with you .. I'd prefer to take the 'expert' opinion over some anonymous internet personality on a discussion forum.

Thanks for participating though! Cheers!

The real world disagrees with you .. I'd prefer to take the 'expert' opinion over some anonymous internet personality on a discussion forum.

Thanks for participating though! Cheers!

No one but the mass ignorami would consider Hannity or Maddow a journalist.

I'm sure Sean would pose as one, but Maddow does not claim that status.

:auiqs.jpg:A Court Ruled Rachel Maddow’s Viewers Know She’s Not Offering Facts​

MSNBC’s top-rated host Rachel Maddow devoted a segment in 2019 to accusing the right-wing cable outlet One America News (OAN) of being a paid propaganda outlet for the Kremlin. Discussing a Daily Beast article which noted that one OAN reporter was a “Russian national” who was simultaneously writing copy for the Russian-owned outlet Sputnik on a freelance contract, Maddow escalated the allegation greatly into a broad claim about OAN’s real identity and purpose: “in this case,” she announced, “the most obsequiously pro-Trump right wing news outlet in America really literally is paid Russian propaganda.”

In response, OAN sued Maddow, MSNBC, and its parent corporation Comcast, Inc. for defamation, alleging that it was demonstrably false that the network, in Maddow’s words, “literally is paid Russian propaganda.” In an oddly overlooked ruling, an Obama-appointed federal judge, Cynthia Bashant, dismissed the lawsuit on the ground that even Maddow’s own audience understands that her show consists of exaggeration, hyperbole, and pure opinion, and therefore would not assume that such outlandish accusations are factually true even when she uses the language of certainty and truth when presenting them (“literally is paid Russian propaganda”).

No one but the mass ignorami would consider Hannity or Maddow a journalist.

I'm sure Sean would pose as one, but Maddow does not claim that status.

:auiqs.jpg:A Court Ruled Rachel Maddow’s Viewers Know She’s Not Offering Facts​

MSNBC’s top-rated host Rachel Maddow devoted a segment in 2019 to accusing the right-wing cable outlet One America News (OAN) of being a paid propaganda outlet for the Kremlin. Discussing a Daily Beast article which noted that one OAN reporter was a “Russian national” who was simultaneously writing copy for the Russian-owned outlet Sputnik on a freelance contract, Maddow escalated the allegation greatly into a broad claim about OAN’s real identity and purpose: “in this case,” she announced, “the most obsequiously pro-Trump right wing news outlet in America really literally is paid Russian propaganda.”

In response, OAN sued Maddow, MSNBC, and its parent corporation Comcast, Inc. for defamation, alleging that it was demonstrably false that the network, in Maddow’s words, “literally is paid Russian propaganda.” In an oddly overlooked ruling, an Obama-appointed federal judge, Cynthia Bashant, dismissed the lawsuit on the ground that even Maddow’s own audience understands that her show consists of exaggeration, hyperbole, and pure opinion, and therefore would not assume that such outlandish accusations are factually true even when she uses the language of certainty and truth when presenting them (“literally is paid Russian propaganda”).

I've not stated Hannity is a journalist .. he's not. Neither is Maddow. Unfortunately for you, Maddow is being communicated as a journalist .. which she isn't.

Cheers!

Forum List

Back