James Comey’s Book

In his absorbing new book, “A Higher Loyalty,” the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey calls the Trump presidency a “forest fire” that is doing serious damage to the country’s norms and traditions.
“This president is unethical, and untethered to truth and institutional values,” Comey writes. “His leadership is transactional, ego driven and about personal loyalty.”

James Comey unleashed.
What Comey has stated has been repeated thousands of times by generals, ambassadors, former CIA operatives and even people working for him.

James Comey Has a Story to Tell. It’s Very Persuasive. — The New York Times
I watched Comey's interview with George Stephanopoulos last night.

Most of the interview were Comey's opinions rather than facts. Just as your quote from his book is an opinion.

It is an opinion I agree with, but it does not shed any new light on anything. No new facts.

Stephanopoulos is a little weasel and always has been. He was baiting Comey to throw mud.

Anyone find out who actually wrote the Comey book? There is literally and virtually no way a retard like Comey (same for Butthurt Obama and Crooked Hillary) actually wrote a book.
There's literally and virtually no way a retard like Trump has ever READ a book, including the one that was ghost written for him.

Anyone find out who actually wrote the Comey book? There is literally and virtually no way a retard like Comey (same for Butthurt Obama and Crooked Hillary) actually wrote a book.
His editorials in law school, his college thesis, his rebuttals to editorials in the Times, and his legal briefs certainly show that he is a talented writer. He did mention dictating passages of the book so my guess he did collaborated with someone, most likely someone supplied by the publisher.

His purpose was to explain what he did and why he did it. You don't delegate that kind stuff.

I listened carefully to Comey's interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC. Comey is a pompous, self-serving asshole! He needlessly cost Hillary the presidency. He negated the millions of voters who voted for Hillary - 3 million more than Trump. Why didn't he also mention right before the election that Trump had also been under FBI investigation since July 2016? He didn't tell us that fact until March 20, 2017 - after Trump had been president for 2 months. Comey's Daffy Duck stupidity has set America back decades.

March 20, 2017: Comey Confirms FBI Investigation of Trump
Like most of the country, Comey was convinced that Hillary was going to win the election but that is not justification for him to speak out days before the election. In hindsight, I think it was a mistake for him to release a report of the Clinton investigation and would have been a mistake to release any statement about a Trump investigation at that time.

I do believe Comey is motivated by very strong, personal convictions about what is right; maybe to a fault. In his decision to release information on the email investigation, he admits that he was swayed by his belief that Hillary was going to win the election. That admission was a huge political blunder. Did he not know that Trump forces would have a field day with that statement? It seems to me his overwhelming desire to explain his actions was far more important to him than what the Trump camp's response might be.

I agree. Comey was more concerned with himself than the country. For supposedly a smart man - he really did some stupid shit. Now we all have to pay for it.

"All the Comey cuddlers hated him in October 2016 but amnesia I guess..." - Wacky Tomi Lahren

"Comey drafted the Crooked Hillary exoneration long before he talked to her (lied in Congress to Senator G), then based his decisions on her poll numbers. Disgruntled, he, McCabe, and the others, committed many crimes!

Slippery James Comey, a man who always ends up badly and out of whack (he is not smart!), will go down as the WORST FBI Director in history, by far!

I never asked Comey for Personal Loyalty. I hardly even knew this guy. Just another of his many lies. His “memos” are self serving and FAKE!" - President Trump

(Senator G = Senator Grassley)

I listened carefully to Comey's interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC. Comey is a pompous, self-serving asshole! He needlessly cost Hillary the presidency. He negated the millions of voters who voted for Hillary - 3 million more than Trump. Why didn't he also mention right before the election that Trump had also been under FBI investigation since July 2016? He didn't tell us that fact until March 20, 2017 - after Trump had been president for 2 months. Comey's Daffy Duck stupidity has set America back decades.

March 20, 2017: Comey Confirms FBI Investigation of Trump
Like most of the country, Comey was convinced that Hillary was going to win the election but that is not justification for him to speak out days before the election. In hindsight, I think it was a mistake for him to release a report of the Clinton investigation and would have been a mistake to release any statement about a Trump investigation at that time.

I do believe Comey is motivated by very strong, personal convictions about what is right; maybe to a fault. In his decision to release information on the email investigation, he admits that he was swayed by his belief that Hillary was going to win the election. That admission was a huge political blunder. Did he not know that Trump forces would have a field day with that statement? It seems to me his overwhelming desire to explain his actions was far more important to him than what the Trump camp's response might be.

I agree. Comey was more concerned with himself than the country. For supposedly a smart man - he really did some stupid shit. Now we all have to pay for it.
Oh, I don't think Comey is a stupid man. His personal convictions about doing the right thing put him in a political shit storm that he couldn't handle. In the end, he will come out on top because history does not look kindly on people like Trump and Comey is proving to be Trump's most vocal critic.

I think some presidents could accept the fact that their FBI director was duty bound to investigate them, but not Trump. He simply can't accept the fact that anyone that serves under him would have loyalties higher than service to the president.

Last edited:
Comey enjoys publicity and being the center of attention so much, he doesn’t realize all this publicity is hurting him. He should have done one interview, avoided snarky, personal shots, and left it there. Instead, he’s like all the rest of the DC noise. Just one more voice."

Comey enjoys publicity and being the center of attention so much, he doesn’t realize all this publicity is hurting him. He should have done one interview, avoided snarky, personal shots, and left it there. Instead, he’s like all the rest of the DC noise. Just one more voice."
Exactly how does this publicity hurt him? His publisher is printing 850,000 copies of his book and there is likely to be second book after the Mueller investigation. Just the money from his speaking engagements will be a small fortune. Long term he is most likely to join one of prestigious law firms or possibly retire and settle down as guest lectures at major law schools.

"Comey talks about his own feelings nearly 4 dozen times in the book
What he doesn't talk about: FISA warrants"

"Comey talks about his own feelings nearly 4 dozen times in the book
What he doesn't talk about: FISA warrants"
Why should he? Comey's purpose in writing the book was to explain why he did what he did, express his opinion, and make a buck. I think he has accomplished his goals.

The more Jim Comey talks, the worse it gets for him and the better it gets for Trump... Thanks Jimbo

The more Jim Comey talks, the worse it gets for him and the better it gets for Trump... Thanks Jimbo
How exactly is making a bundle on the sale of his book guaranteeing a lot more money from speaking engagements, and expressing his opinion of Trump hurting him?

Great!

Maybe this will be informative:

Nobody is going to spend even a shred of energy debunking every wingnut pipe dream that poofs into existence. Even if the most ridculous, extreme stuff you claim is 100% true, this is nothing compared to the abject corruption of the Trump circle and the global effect of the dangerous Trump presidency. The underculture of wingnut fantasies will always exist, and I harbor no delusion that I will even dent it, despite my best effort.

Deflection, how regressive of you. LMAO Now the question is will the DOJ pursue charges against McCabe with the same gusto as Martha Stewart.

And what would be the charges? Lack of candor?

Lying to federal investigators 2 counts, perjury 2 counts and obstruction of justice 4 counts. And that's just on the facts we know now, the next IG report could include conspiracy and others.

And, of courses, when those charges never happen, it will be because everyone is part of a vast 'spiracy....:rolleyes:

Great!

Maybe this will be informative:

Nobody is going to spend even a shred of energy debunking every wingnut pipe dream that poofs into existence. Even if the most ridculous, extreme stuff you claim is 100% true, this is nothing compared to the abject corruption of the Trump circle and the global effect of the dangerous Trump presidency. The underculture of wingnut fantasies will always exist, and I harbor no delusion that I will even dent it, despite my best effort.

Deflection, how regressive of you. LMAO Now the question is will the DOJ pursue charges against McCabe with the same gusto as Martha Stewart.

And what would be the charges? Lack of candor?

Lying to federal investigators 2 counts, perjury 2 counts and obstruction of justice 4 counts. And that's just on the facts we know now, the next IG report could include conspiracy and others.

And, of courses, when those charges never happen, it will be because everyone is part of a vast 'spiracy....:rolleyes:

No it would just prove commiecrats in high level positions can do what they want without repercussions. Martha Stewart spent 9 months in prison for one count of lying to investigators. The IG leveled the charges, McCabe was fired because of them, now it's up to the DOJ to follow through.

Folks, read between the lines of Lyin' Comey's charade! Who is behind the "book" and the "book tour" is the question! Anyhow, he is in Manhattan this evening to troll patriots!

Forum List

Back