Jan Brewer expected to veto AZ gay hate bill

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer expected to veto anti-gay legislation: report

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer is expected to veto a controversial bill that would allow business owners to deny service to gays and lesbians, NBC News reported Monday.

The divisive legislation, named Senate Bill 1062, would allow the denial of service on account of religious beliefs that are “sincerely held” by business owners.

Brewer will veto the bill because she "doesn't want to take any actions that could jeopardize the economic momentum" in Arizona, a source told NBC News.

The Arizona legislature passed the bill last week and sent it to Brewer, even as critics denounced it as blatantly discriminatory.

Read more: Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer expected to veto anti-gay legislation: report - NY Daily News

I guess that kinda makes up for the 3 Americans she killed.

Kinda..

Here's the funny part. No conservative is screaming bloody murder for an investigation.

I actually agree with allowing the Law to stand.

I don't think private business should be forced into business with anyone, and if they're into denying gays and lesbians service, let them be known as "THAT" BUSINESS, and see how far they get.

Notice is a bill for everyone but it's an, anti hate homosesxual bill

you people love democracy unless it's not in your favor...the rest of you just have to sit back and be harassed and sued by them, over a frikken cake

Last edited:
Notice is a bill for everyone but it's an, anti hate homosesxual bill

you people love democracy unless it's not in your favor...the rest of you just have to sit back and be harassed and sued by them, over a frikken cake

no, it was about homosexuals and owners being allowed to deny them service on account of religion, dumbfuck

I actually agree with allowing the Law to stand.

I don't think private business should be forced into business with anyone, and if they're into denying gays and lesbians service, let them be known as "THAT" BUSINESS, and see how far they get.

The Religious Freedom Restoration Act will remain in force has it has, only the modifications won't become law.

I think let a business hang themselves when it comes to discrimination practices.

It aligns more with freedom, and they get to finally know how their backwards assed bigot thinking can effect them in real life.

oh boy, THAT BUSINESS
like that chick-fil worked out so well for you all

frikken fascist

this is the reason states and business is feeling threatened

"private" business cannot avoid public accommodation laws

fact

However they can close down entirely and lay off all their employees. Some may find that an acceptable price to pay for a clear conscience. Some of those employees will be proud that they've contributed to the cause. Some may not. Hard cheese for them, eh?

But no liberal could be expected to relate to that so you're excused.

Last edited:
oh boy, THAT BUSINESS

frikken fascist

you're an idiot

chik fil a didn't deny gays service

also, I am for this law

you are doubly an idiot

none bigger......well, mebbe willow

they don't care if they run a business out...all they care about is forcing themselves (they are so special) on everyone in this country

oh boy, THAT BUSINESS

frikken fascist

you know what... "states and businesses" don't feel threatened. bigots feel threatened.

and I don't much care what bigots think. I care about equal protection under the law... your ability to discriminate doesn't extend to denying basic services to entire groups of people for no legitimate reason.

oh boy, THAT BUSINESS

frikken fascist

you know what... "states and businesses" don't feel threatened. bigots feel threatened.

and I don't much care what bigots think. I care about equal protection under the law... your ability to discriminate doesn't extend to denying basic services to entire groups of people for no legitimate reason.

aww, jilly the attorney is all wigged out...you can go around and call everyone a bigot but damn what ever you do don't refuse to bake for them

then they wonder why people don't accept them

Last edited:
stupid bill should be vetoed.

makes AZ look like a bunch of religious bigots if it becomes law.

oh boy, THAT BUSINESS

frikken fascist

I'm glad someone sane and nice can disagree with me, instead of some jerkoff asshole for once. :razz:

What right in your opinion does anyone have that obligates a service provider to do business with them?

Maybe I'm not sold on it being equal protection when a gay business, for instance, could deny straight patrons under the same law......?

oh boy, THAT BUSINESS

frikken fascist

aww, jilly the attorney is all wigged out

then they wonder why people don't accept them

"People" do accept them.

"Bigots" don't.

anyone else sick of this with the, gheys...

all you "hets" out there (the cute little name )they refer to the rest of you, need to bow

Forum List

Back