Jan Brewer expected to veto AZ gay hate bill

I think let a business hang themselves when it comes to discrimination practices.

It aligns more with freedom, and they get to finally know how their backwards assed bigot thinking can effect them in real life.

One could just as easily say that you are backwards assed bigot thinking against Christians, and their protection under the 1st amendment. Or bigoted against those who wish to live in a culturally homogeneous (heterosexual) environment.

I think let a business hang themselves when it comes to discrimination practices.

It aligns more with freedom, and they get to finally know how their backwards assed bigot thinking can effect them in real life.

One could just as easily say that you are backwards assed bigot thinking against Christians, and their protection under the 1st amendment. Or bigoted against those who wish to live in a culturally homogeneous (heterosexual) environment.

I'm comfortable with myself if anyone wants to assert that against me. I know what's right.

Should Christians also have the right to keep out Jews, on religious grounds?

oh boy, THAT BUSINESS
like that chick-fil worked out so well for you all

frikken fascist

this is the reason states and business is feeling threatened

you know what... "states and businesses" don't feel threatened. bigots feel threatened.

and I don't much care what bigots think. I care about equal protection under the law... your ability to discriminate doesn't extend to denying basic services to entire groups of people for no legitimate reason.

You do not have the right to someone elses services or products. The fact that you think you do lets me know you hate freedom and private property.

oh boy, THAT BUSINESS

frikken fascist

you know what... "states and businesses" don't feel threatened. bigots feel threatened.

and I don't much care what bigots think. I care about equal protection under the law... your ability to discriminate doesn't extend to denying basic services to entire groups of people for no legitimate reason.

So if you're for equal protection under the law, then you ought to be for equal protection for Christians who feel that doing business with homosexuals is denying them their rights - by having to participate in a homosexual activity ( a wedding for instance)

Absolutely. They should have the right to keep someone out because they have an ugly face. It's no ones business but the owner of the private business who he choses to and not to serve or exchange with. It's really that simple.

LOLberals like Jillian would have a cow if a story popped up in which the KKK went to an african american's bakery for a celebritory cake that read "We Hate N***ers". and she would certainly not want to force that black man to make that cake. but when the shoe is on the other foot....oh, nevermind. LOLberals are hypocrites. it's the default position.

aww, jilly the attorney is all wigged out

then they wonder why people don't accept them

"People" do accept them.

"Bigots" don't.

You say that as if not accepting homosexuality was a wrong thing. I disagree. I say non acceptance of homosexuality is 100% correct and proper. and acceptance of it is what is INcorrect and improper, and causes harm to children, who, by this incorrect acceptance, can be falsely led to believe that homosexuality is a valid lifestyle, when actually it is as abnormal as anything could ever be.

I think the law passed in the Z legislature, because Arizonans and the legislators who represent them are thinking correctly. It is YOU who are off-base.

oh boy, THAT BUSINESS

frikken fascist

You do not have the right to someone elses services or products. The fact that you think you do lets me know you hate freedom and private property.

You do not understand the your private property rights do not trump freedom and public accomodation if you engage in business in the public forum.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer expected to veto anti-gay legislation: report

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer is expected to veto a controversial bill that would allow business owners to deny service to gays and lesbians, NBC News reported Monday.

The divisive legislation, named Senate Bill 1062, would allow the denial of service on account of religious beliefs that are “sincerely held” by business owners.

Brewer will veto the bill because she "doesn't want to take any actions that could jeopardize the economic momentum" in Arizona, a source told NBC News.

The Arizona legislature passed the bill last week and sent it to Brewer, even as critics denounced it as blatantly discriminatory.

Read more: Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer expected to veto anti-gay legislation: report - NY Daily News

Why would a gay want to do business with someone that doesn't want to do business with them?

Liberals are all about free choice, except when it comes to homosexuality. They believe one should be forced to accept it as normal, and business owners and employees should be forced to do something against their beliefs.

Anyway, this is just yet another lib media distraction about nothing. Any chance to take the spotlight off of Obama's failure as President.

You do not understand the your private property rights do not trump freedom and public accomodation if you engage in business in the public forum.

Oh, I understand that Statists believe they have a right to dictate to others what they do with their own property, yes. That doesn't mean it's the ethically or morally sound position. And again, I already know you hate anything that isn't pure, unadulterated Social Statism. You love it. We know it. So lets just keep it to what it is, and not about your retarded injections, Fake.

I don't know that much about Christianity to know why Christians object to homosexuals, I just know that I see a double standard wherin some people are saying it's not OK to go against homosexuals, but is is OK to go against Christians.

Notice is a bill for everyone but it's an, anti hate homosesxual bill

you people love democracy unless it's not in your favor...the rest of you just have to sit back and be harassed and sued by them, over a frikken cake

In a way, I agree with Stephanie...this bill would not have just been to deny service to gays under the guise of religion....anyone could have denied service to any group under the guise of "religion." That's the part that would have been so fun to watch.........the unforeseen circumstances would have been hilarious.

I'm comfortable with myself if anyone wants to assert that against me. I know what's right.

So you're "comfortable" with having a double standard, and you think that is "right" ?

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer is expected to veto a controversial bill that would allow business owners to deny service to gays and lesbians, NBC News reported Monday.

The divisive legislation, named Senate Bill 1062, would allow the denial of service on account of religious beliefs that are “sincerely held” by business owners.

Brewer will veto the bill because she "doesn't want to take any actions that could jeopardize the economic momentum" in Arizona, a source told NBC News.

The Arizona legislature passed the bill last week and sent it to Brewer, even as critics denounced it as blatantly discriminatory.

Read more: Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer expected to veto anti-gay legislation: report - NY Daily News

Why would a gay want to do business with someone that doesn't want to do business with them?

Liberals are all about free choice, except when it comes to homosexuality. They believe one should be forced to accept it as normal, and business owners and employees should be forced to do something against their beliefs.

Anyway, this is just yet another lib media distraction about nothing. Any chance to take the spotlight off of Obama's failure as President.

Why did the SNCC students want to eat at the Woolwooth's Lunch Counter that didn't want to do business with them?

So you're "comfortable" with having a double standard, and you think that is "right" ?

My standard is the same across the board. I dont condone baseless bigotry - and hiding behind manmade religious texts doesnt justify bigotry.

Damn those distracting libs in Arizona...passing that law to distract from Obama. :eusa_eh:

Well, Arizona has received complaints from the likes of Apple, American Airlines, AT&T, Verizon, Marriott, PetSmart, and Delta Airlines. They stand a good chance of losing the Super Bowl.
If bigots on the Right don't care, you can bet the governor and local businesses in Arizona do care.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back