January 6 committee withdraws Trump subpoena.

What is disgusting and dangerous is when our elected officials consider themselves above the law and will not answer allegations under oath. Essentially Trump and his inner circle pleaded the 5th.
He didn't essentially plead the 5th, Dumbass.

He gave the middle finger to the Nazi Piglosi Shit Show.

This is good news for America but the fact that Democrats lied and made a criminal referral out of revenge is disgusting and dangerous. The Jan 6 "panel" behaved in an outrageous manner.

POLITICS

Published December 28, 2022 11:55pm EST

January 6 committee withdraws Trump subpoena: 'They knew I did nothing wrong'

Panel chair Rep. Bennie Thompson made the announcement on Wednesday evening

By John Salvatore | Fox News

The January 6 special committee on Wednesday decided to withdraw its subpoena of former President Trump as it concludes its work.

Trump's testimony was no longer needed, according to the panel's chairman, Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss.

Thompson noted in a letter to Trump's attorneys: "In light of the imminent end of our investigation, the Select Committee can no longer pursue the specific information covered by the subpoena."

He added, "Therefore, through this letter, I hereby formally withdraw the subpoena issued to former President Trump, and notify you that he is no longer obligated to comply or produce records in response to said subpoena."

That doesn't mean he is innocent of the charges.

No he didn't.....
Yes he did, and he'll likely be the last President to do so.

In 1998, Bill Clinton became the first U.S. president to testify as the subject of a grand jury investigation. He testified for over four hours from the White House on closed-circuit television.

Clinton’s testimony capped a four-year probe by an independent counsel, Kenneth Starr, who had been named to investigate allegations against the president and his wife, Hillary Clinton, stemming from the Whitewater real estate venture in Arkansas, as well as suspected cronyism in the firing of White House travel agency personnel.

In also examining allegations of sexual harassment against the president, Starr uncovered an affair between Clinton and Monica Lewinsky, a White House intern.

Clinton denied under oath that he had engaged in sexual relations with Lewinsky. That testimony led Starr to accuse the president of perjury and obstruction of justice, which in turn prompted his grand jury appearance.
When Clinton testified, he knew Lewinsky was talking to Starr’s prosecutors, and he knew his DNA could match a semen stain on her blue dress. Faced with those facts, the president could have invoked the Fifth Amendment, refusing to incriminate himself before the grand jury.
Instead, according to Starr, he continued to lie.

Cabinet members report to Congress all the time, SoS Clinton doing it, was nothing out of the ordinary....name one other President that has ever?
You're not very good at this are you?

What presidents have been subpoenaed to testify before Congress?

Instances of Sitting and Former Presidents & Sitting Vice Presidents Who Have Testified Before Congressional Committees*
  • Sitting Presidents and Vice Presidents.
  • President Abraham Lincoln1 ...
  • Vice President Schuyler Colfax. ...
  • President Woodrow Wilson. ...
  • President Gerald R. ...
  • Former Presidents.
  • Theodore Roosevelt. ...
  • William Howard Taft2

Yes he did, and he'll likely be the last President to do so.

In 1998, Bill Clinton became the first U.S. president to testify as the subject of a grand jury investigation. He testified for over four hours from the White House on closed-circuit television.

Clinton’s testimony capped a four-year probe by an independent counsel, Kenneth Starr, who had been named to investigate allegations against the president and his wife, Hillary Clinton, stemming from the Whitewater real estate venture in Arkansas, as well as suspected cronyism in the firing of White House travel agency personnel.

In also examining allegations of sexual harassment against the president, Starr uncovered an affair between Clinton and Monica Lewinsky, a White House intern.

Clinton denied under oath that he had engaged in sexual relations with Lewinsky. That testimony led Starr to accuse the president of perjury and obstruction of justice, which in turn prompted his grand jury appearance.
When Clinton testified, he knew Lewinsky was talking to Starr’s prosecutors, and he knew his DNA could match a semen stain on her blue dress. Faced with those facts, the president could have invoked the Fifth Amendment, refusing to incriminate himself before the grand jury.
Instead, according to Starr, he continued to lie.

You're not very good at this are you?

What presidents have been subpoenaed to testify before Congress?

Instances of Sitting and Former Presidents & Sitting Vice Presidents Who Have Testified Before Congressional Committees*
  • Sitting Presidents and Vice Presidents.
  • President Abraham Lincoln1 ...
  • Vice President Schuyler Colfax. ...
  • President Woodrow Wilson. ...
  • President Gerald R. ...
  • Former Presidents.
  • Theodore Roosevelt. ...
  • William Howard Taft2
Ken Starr wasn't a Congressional Special Prosecutor....he worked for the DOJ, as an Independent Prosecutor (what we now call Special Prosecutors)....he did give a report to Congress, as well as the DOJ. Clinton testified before a Grand Jury, not Congress.

You aren't very good at this are you?

Yes, I wasn't aware...so 6 folks did...wow....and I don't believe they were all subpoenaed...I know Linocoln came volutary.

This is good news for America but the fact that Democrats lied and made a criminal referral out of revenge is disgusting and dangerous. The Jan 6 "panel" behaved in an outrageous manner.

POLITICS

Published December 28, 2022 11:55pm EST

January 6 committee withdraws Trump subpoena: 'They knew I did nothing wrong'

Panel chair Rep. Bennie Thompson made the announcement on Wednesday evening

By John Salvatore | Fox News

The January 6 special committee on Wednesday decided to withdraw its subpoena of former President Trump as it concludes its work.

Trump's testimony was no longer needed, according to the panel's chairman, Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss.

Thompson noted in a letter to Trump's attorneys: "In light of the imminent end of our investigation, the Select Committee can no longer pursue the specific information covered by the subpoena."

He added, "Therefore, through this letter, I hereby formally withdraw the subpoena issued to former President Trump, and notify you that he is no longer obligated to comply or produce records in response to said subpoena."

They knew he did nothing wrong? Is that why the committee referred that motherfucker to DOJ on criminal charges?

If I was a druggie I'd like to have whatever Trump is on.

Ken Starr wasn't a Congressional Special Prosecutor....he worked for the DOJ, as an Independent Prosecutor (what we now call Special Prosecutors)....he did give a report to Congress, as well as the DOJ. Clinton testified before a Grand Jury, not Congress.

You aren't very good at this are you?

Yes, I wasn't aware...so 6 folks did...wow....and I don't believe they were all subpoenaed...I know Linocoln came volutary.
We can all learn.

The committee subpoena withdrawal is for the courts resources benefit. For that reason, and that reason alone, Thompson withdrew it.

The one that Jack Smith will be sending him comes with actual legal weight, including the US Marshall’s can come to Mar A Lago, and drag his fat orange ass straight to jail for not complying.

But Trump being the whimpering coward that he is, will quickly comply, whining all the way to the courthouse begging for bail, so he can stay at home during the trial.

In Trumps case though, he will be forced to surrender his passport, and may have to wear an ankle bracelet.
Since when do Democrats give a shit about wasting taxpayer money?

They knew he did nothing wrong? Is that why the committee referred that motherfucker to DOJ on criminal charges?

If I was a druggie I'd like to have whatever Trump is on.
That referral carries no weight, Simp.

It means nothing to anyone by single digit IQ Dimtards like you. You have been played for the moron you are.

Congrats! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

That referral carries no weight, Simp.

It means nothing to anyone by single digit IQ Dimtards like you. You have been played for the moron you are.

Congrats! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
It carries no weight? Is that why you Trump ball washers are soiling yourselves on a daily basis over the referral?

Is that why that orange knuckle dragger is going apeshit every day on his failing Untruth Social ranting & raving over it? Tell him to keep running his yap.

It carries no weight? Is that why you Trump ball washers are soiling yourselves on a daily basis over the referral?

Is that why that orange knuckle dragger is going apeshit every day on his failing Untruth Social ranting & raving over it? Tell him to keep running his yap.
the only weight it has is that it fully highlights how the demafasict have taken over the former democract party

the only weight it has is that it fully highlights how the demafasict have taken over the former democract party
Uh, no. It shows that Trump is a criminal lowlife who should be prosecuted.

Some day you'll have to angle for a whiff of his ass thru an orange jumpsuit.

The Trump subpoena was just political theater. Nobody really expected Trump to respond to it.

Uh, no. It shows that Trump is a criminal lowlife who should be prosecuted.

Some day you'll have to angle for a whiff of his ass thru an orange jumpsuit.
hahah thanks for proving my point …demafacist.

someday maybe someday…one of these years, you’ll find an actual crime and not just because he doesn’t support your demafasict party

We can all learn.
Why then is it that you never do learn? Or you never admit to learning. TDS really has a hold on you, that's sad. Have you always been unable to admit to being wrong or has this only come about since Donald Trump showed to be a great leader? Much to your chagrin?

Forum List

Back