Jason Chaffetz To Poor: Your iPhone Or Your Doctor

58bed66b1900003600bd73cb.jpeg

Jason Chaffetz: Poor People Shouldn’t Buy iPhones If They Need Money For Health Care

The chairman of the House Oversight Committee says millions of Americans who might lose health insurance need to “make a choice.”

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) is proposing a quick fix for low-income Americans unable to afford coverage under President Donald Trump’s newly proposed health care law: Don’t buy an iPhone.

The American Health Care Act, unveiled by House Republican leaders Monday, offers less financial assistance to low-income people than former President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act, so it would likely result in millions of Americans losing the health coverage they have today.

But the Republican chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee said Tuesday that Americans who might struggle to afford insurance under the GOP plan simply need to make the choice to “invest in health care.”

“Americans have choices, and they’ve got to make a choice,” Chaffetz said Tuesday on CNN. “So rather than getting that new iPhone that they just love and want to go spend hundreds of dollars on that, maybe they should invest in their own health care. They’ve got to make those decisions themselves.”

More: Jason Chaffetz: Poor People Shouldn't Buy iPhones If They Need Money For Health Care

Wow! Just wow! Why would anyone have to choose between healthcare and an iPhone? Most likely those who are on the financial edge don't have a home landline. Are they not supposed to have some form of electronic communication?
you do know that obummer said exactly the same thing? here:

Chaffetz hit for iPhone vs. health care comment – but Obama made same argument

"In a lengthy answer, Obama speculated about someone making $40,000-$50,000 a year, who thinks an insurance option that costs $300 a month is too much.

“I guess what I would say is if you looked at that person’s budget and you looked at their cable bill, their telephone … cell phone bill, other things that they’re spending on, it may turn out that they just haven’t prioritized health care because right now everybody is healthy," he said."

I don't remember you being upset when Obama said that

What did Obama say? Link?

"In a lengthy answer, Obama speculated about someone making $40,000-$50,000 a year, who thinks an insurance option that costs $300 a month is too much.

“I guess what I would say is if you looked at that person’s budget and you looked at their cable bill, their telephone … cell phone bill, other things that they’re spending on, it may turn out that they just haven’t prioritized health care because right now everybody is healthy," he said."

Poor people DON'T have iPhones!!!!! The cheapest one is about $500. If the poor have any kind of cell phone it is probably a flip phone or a BushPhone.
If you believe that you're an idiot. Spend an afternoon in a grocery store in Compton. You can sit there and watch people on their newest version Iphones wearing Air Jordans while handing the cashier food stamps. Maybe follow them out to the parking lot and watch them load up all the groceries you paid for into their late model car with 20" wheels and low profile tires.
When have you spent time in Compton at the grocery store watching people check out?
I posted the story earlier. Spent two weeks there upgrading the stores computer systems. It was eye opening.
And of course, the office computers were at the check out lines. :cuckoo: :eusa_liar:
No retard. Obviously the check lane PC's are on the check lane. Every lane has a pic. Jesus you're stupid. How the hell did you ever get through the process of registering for this site? That must have taken you weeks to accomplish.
Check out lanes have terminals only, not computers, the terminals are networked to a central office server. Obviously you know nothing about what you are claiming to be upgrading!!!!!

Jason Chaffetz: Poor People Shouldn’t Buy iPhones If They Need Money For Health Care

The chairman of the House Oversight Committee says millions of Americans who might lose health insurance need to “make a choice.”

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) is proposing a quick fix for low-income Americans unable to afford coverage under President Donald Trump’s newly proposed health care law: Don’t buy an iPhone.

The American Health Care Act, unveiled by House Republican leaders Monday, offers less financial assistance to low-income people than former President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act, so it would likely result in millions of Americans losing the health coverage they have today.

But the Republican chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee said Tuesday that Americans who might struggle to afford insurance under the GOP plan simply need to make the choice to “invest in health care.”

“Americans have choices, and they’ve got to make a choice,” Chaffetz said Tuesday on CNN. “So rather than getting that new iPhone that they just love and want to go spend hundreds of dollars on that, maybe they should invest in their own health care. They’ve got to make those decisions themselves.”

More: Jason Chaffetz: Poor People Shouldn't Buy iPhones If They Need Money For Health Care

Wow! Just wow! Why would anyone have to choose between healthcare and an iPhone? Most likely those who are on the financial edge don't have a home landline. Are they not supposed to have some form of electronic communication?

That lie has already been debunked in this very thread. Repeating the lie does not make it any less a lie, but only makes you a serial liar.

I don't remember you being upset when Obama said that

What did Obama say? Link?

Thank you. I knew the byte existed but I couldn't find it last night when I looked

That lie has already been debunked in this very thread. Repeating the lie does not make it any less a lie, but only makes you a serial liar.

So the president didn't say what he clearly said...

WTF are you talking about? The 'force' doesn't work here.

Obama and pathological liar Chaffetz are talking about two different groups of people. Chaffetz is talking about people who had their health care subsidies cut under TrumpCare and Obama was talking about individuals earning $40k to $50k who do not qualify for ACA subsidies.

If you believe that you're an idiot. Spend an afternoon in a grocery store in Compton. You can sit there and watch people on their newest version Iphones wearing Air Jordans while handing the cashier food stamps. Maybe follow them out to the parking lot and watch them load up all the groceries you paid for into their late model car with 20" wheels and low profile tires.
When have you spent time in Compton at the grocery store watching people check out?
I posted the story earlier. Spent two weeks there upgrading the stores computer systems. It was eye opening.
And of course, the office computers were at the check out lines. :cuckoo: :eusa_liar:
No retard. Obviously the check lane PC's are on the check lane. Every lane has a pic. Jesus you're stupid. How the hell did you ever get through the process of registering for this site? That must have taken you weeks to accomplish.
Check out lanes have terminals only, not computers, the terminals are networked to a central office server. Obviously you know nothing about what you are claiming to be upgrading!!!!!
Yet here I am standing in front of one running a new series of scripts. I just love it when a cart jockey tells me how this shit works. Makes my day.

Yet here I am standing in front of one running a new series of scripts. I just love it when a cart jockey tells me how this shit works. Makes my day.
You are in your mommy's basement playing with yourself while she is out working to support your lazy ass.

Obama and pathological liar Chaffetz are talking about two different groups of people. Chaffetz is talking about people who had their health care subsidies cut under TrumpCare and Obama was talking about individuals earning $40k to $50k who do not qualify for ACA subsidies.
explain how it is different?

Actually no they were both talking about people in general. But hey whatever you have to tell yourself to justify hypocrisy go for it

You are in your mommy's basement playing with yourself while she is out working to support your lazy ass.
If only I had thought of that 30 years ago. But hell no, I decided to get a job a wife and a kid. I should have been more like you Ed!

One is a Democrat, the other a Republican.

Unless we are to seriously believe that telling one group of people who can't afford insurance needs to prioritize health insurance over phones is different than telling another group.

It's not

FFS! Just get a job and then you can have health insurance and a God-damned i-phone.
Damn dude. You're going to trigger these snowflakes talking like that.
One would think that the capacity of snowflakes to be outraged would be exhausted. But I suppose the mere suggestion of getting a job would give them a resurgence of righteous indignation.

Already did, obviously, or you wouldn't be playing dumb.

“My son’s hip surgery was $10,000 with insurance. My iPhone $20 a month.”

People are not happy with Rep. Jason Chaffetz’s (R-Utah) health care “solution” for low-income Americans.

In an appearance on CNN on Tuesday morning, Chaffetz proposed that a fix for people who have trouble affording health care coverage under President Donald Trump’s newly proposed law is simply to not buy an iPhone.

“Americans have choices, and they’ve got to make a choice,” he said on CNN. “So rather than getting that new iPhone that they just love and want to go spend hundreds of dollars on that, maybe they should invest in their own health care. They’ve got to make those decisions themselves.”

More: Americans Want Chaffetz To Get Them Health Care That Costs Less Than An iPhone

This is hilarious! Twitter is lit up with responses to Chaffetz's idiotic comment.

Forum List

Back