Jeb Bush: I would have invaded Iraq

If Jeb says otherwise, he condemns his brother's actions.

If George were my brother, I would support him publicly, while berating him in private for his poor judgment or his weakness in allowing others to steer him into a war with a phony-baloney casus belli.

Personally, my priorities are (1) God, (2) Family, (3) Country, (4) Friends, then (5) Everybody Else, in that order.

I suspect that a great many other folks have similar priorities, on both sides of the political aisle.

If it came down to destroying my brother or destroying my country, I would like to think that I would embrace the brother and then save the country, and then weep afterwards...

I think that's kind of retarded, even for you.

Jeb totally blew this question.

the answer he gave shows that he's not worthy of the job. He would let himself make the same mistakes his brother made, given the same circumstances.
So would Hillary, so what's your point?

If George were my brother, I would support him publicly, while berating him in private for his poor judgment or his weakness in allowing others to steer him into a war with a phony-baloney casus belli.

Personally, my priorities are (1) God, (2) Family, (3) Country, (4) Friends, then (5) Everybody Else, in that order.

I suspect that a great many other folks have similar priorities, on both sides of the political aisle.

If it came down to destroying my brother or destroying my country, I would like to think that I would embrace the brother and then save the country, and then weep afterwards...

the answer he gave shows that he's not worthy of the job. He would let himself make the same mistakes his brother made, given the same circumstances.
Thank you for your feedback.

I do not see any of that as "retarded", but you are welcome to point-out which aspect(s) of the cited text, above, that you find to be so.

Meanwhile...

Jeb Bush (apparently) spoke his mind on the subject, and I have found his words (as reported in the article referenced in the OP) to be honest, principled and thoughtful.

He is telling us that he would do the same thing, given the same intelligence.

Given American sentiments regarding our misadventure in Iraq, and his hopes regarding the Presidency, it requires no small measure of intellectual courage to do such a thing.

Personally, I think the intelligence itself was manufactured and patently false, and that our invasion of Iraq was a complete waste of American blood and treasure.

But, for anyone who did not know at the time that the intelligence was faulty...

The decision to invade seems vastly more defensible than if we had not had such intelligence...

Don't think that's right?

Ask any of these Democrat Senators who voted to invade, based upon such intelligence, on October 11, 2002...

Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Daschle (D-SD)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA) Hollings (D-SC)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY)
Torricelli (D-NJ)

=============================

Jeb did nothing more than 'fess-up that he would have done the same thing, given the intelligence.

And he did so without throwing his brother under the bus.

Jeb may or may not prove to be a suitable candidate for President, but...

This particular challenge was well-met, and well-handled...

Well done, Jeb.

The question to Jeb Bush included 'if he knew then what we know now' would he still have invaded.

I do not see any of that as "retarded", but you are welcome to point-out which aspect(s) of the cited text, above, that you find to be so.

Meanwhile...

Jeb Bush (apparently) spoke his mind on the subject, and I have found his words (as reported in the article referenced in the OP) to be honest, principled and thoughtful.

Given American sentiments regarding our misadventure in Iraq, and his hopes regarding the Presidency, it requires no small measure of intellectual courage to do such a thing.

Personally, I think the intelligence itself was manufactured and patently false, and that our invasion of Iraq was a complete waste of American blood and treasure.

But, for anyone who did not know at the time that the intelligence was faulty...

The decision to invade seems vastly more defensible than if we had not had such intelligence...

Ask any of these Democrat Senators who voted to invade, based upon such intelligence, on October 11, 2002...

Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Daschle (D-SD)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY)
Torricelli (D-NJ)

Jeb did nothing more than 'fess-up that he would have done the same thing, given the intelligence.

Well done, Jeb.

The question to Jeb Bush included 'if he knew then what we know now' would he still have invaded.
That was the question that was asked. But listening to the answer it wasn't the one he answered. He answered would he have done the same had he the same data his brother did at the time the decision was made. He did not answer whether he still would make that decision based on what we know now.

Then we conclude that he dissembled in his answer, that he did not come clean, and that a conscientious electorate will choose someone else.

Meanwhile...

Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Daschle (D-SD)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY)
Torricelli (D-NJ)

Well done, Jeb.

Can you post the Republicans who voted against the war?

Come on...you can do it

Meanwhile...

Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Daschle (D-SD)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY)
Torricelli (D-NJ)

Well done, Jeb.

Come on...you can do it
Just another thing that proves the two parties are aligned, but many like you are blind to the truth.

Says the shit head fool, Flash. He had to play the hand the war lord gave him. You are not fooling anyone, son. Run along.

Sorry but the Moon Bats elected him Commander in Chief. He could do anything he wanted to do. He could either withdraw the troops or continue to fight the war. The Commander in Chief has absolute control over the US military pending funding from Congress.

In his speech he told the Moon Bats that he would withdraw the troops in 60 days and he didn't do it. What he did was reneged on that statement because he knew during the Primaries that position would not serve him well in the General Election. What he did do was fight the war for almost three more years, called it a success and sent the troops back. In the meantime he escalated the war in Afghanistan and he bombed Libya, that had nothing to do with the security of the US. Even today he is sending in drone attacks in Yemen.

The Moon Bats need to take responsibility for electing an interventionist President. Of course they never take responsibility for anything. They lie and deny about Obama's record. That is why they are idiots. They are the stupid American Jonathan Gruber warned us about.

Last edited:
I am absolutely amazed that Jeb doesn't have a better answer to this subject.

I am even more amazed that Hillary Clinton has no answer to her corruption with the Clinton Foundation scandals and none of the Moon Bats seem to give a shit.

You are a fool, Flash.

You lose all when you state BHO could do what ever he wanted. You can't even qualify much less explain such a silly ass statement.

Your admission of defeat is hereby accepted.

The GOP and the Dems are going to have to pony up a none neo-con if either wish to win. We in the GOP want your vote but you won't have a neo-con for whom to vote, though. Go look at HRC.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"

Jonathan Gruber understood that concept very well and that is why he said that the "stupid Americans" (i.e. Moon Bats like you) would believe the lies told about Obamacare.

I am even more amazed that Hillary Clinton has no answer to her corruption with the Clinton Foundation scandals and none of the Moon Bats seem to give a shit.

Hillary Clinton is emerging as the shoo-in lesser of two evils.

Jeb Bush with his answer put himself in the GW Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, et al camp,

i.e., the camp that still believes the war was a brilliant idea even AFTER they had the benefit of hindsight.

That is significant.

The GOP and the Dems are going to have to pony up a none neo-con if either wish to win. We in the GOP want your vote but you won't have a neo-con for whom to vote, though. Go look at HRC.

You don't understand what a Neo Con is even though I have explained to you a couple of times.

The Republicans have their New Conservatives that believe in big government if it helps to promote the mission of America being the world's policeman. They are not really Conservatives.

The Democrats simply have their run of the mill Wilson-Roosevelt-Truman-Kennedy-Johnson-Clinton-Obama type inept interventionists.

Not much difference when it comes to foreign policy but at least you can get the nomenclature right.

Then we conclude that he dissembled in his answer, that he did not come clean, and that a conscientious electorate will choose someone else.
Like all politicians he answered the question he wished was asked instead of the question that was actually asked.

Meanwhile...

Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Daschle (D-SD)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY)
Torricelli (D-NJ)

Well done, Jeb.

Come on...you can do it
You're missing the point.

Jeb Bush with his answer put himself in the GW Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, et al camp,

i.e., the camp that still believes the war was a brilliant idea even AFTER they had the benefit of hindsight.

That is significant.

Are you kidding?

The Hildabeast is piece of lying corrupt shit. She has no convictions on anything except her own personal gain. She will be a terrible President, like Obama.

Besides, why would you be an idiot and vote for somebody simply because in your convoluted mind they were "the lesser of two evils"?

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

I stop voting for bad government over a decade ago. When are you going to do the same?

The Democrats promise bad government and delivers bad government.

The Republicans promises good government but delivers bad government.

Why would you even consider voting for a candidate that would deliver bad government? Because people like you do it we always get bad government.

That is significant.

Are you kidding?

The Hildabeast is piece of lying corrupt shit. She has no convictions on anything except her own personal gain. She will be a terrible President, like Obama.

Besides, why would you be an idiot and vote for somebody simply because in your convoluted mind they were "the lesser of two evils"?

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

I stop voting for bad government over a decade ago. When are you going to do the same?

The Democrats promise bad government and delivers bad government.

The Republicans promises good government but delivers bad government.

Why would you even consider voting for a candidate that would deliver bad government? Because people like you do it we always get bad government.

I voted for Perot twice. I now concede that breaking the 2 party hold on the system is a fantasy.

without congressional authorization and funding it never could have happened. Bush was carrying out the direction he received from congress. Remember presidents only implement what congress authorizes.

FACT: Without Bush saying...Invade NOW
It never would have happened

Yes the CIC has to give the order. But that order cannot be given without authorization and funding from congress----------------unless the CIC is obama of course.

Congress never ordered him to invade

Bush was given authority "If he deemed it necessary"

It was Bush who decided he needed to invade immediately before it could be proven that Saddam had no WMDs

yes, thats correct, and Obozo, Bubba Clinton, or the hildebeast would have made the same call based on the same intel. The intel was faulty. They all bought it.

To blame only bush is just partisan bullshit.
Sorry...no other President in history would have abandoned the war on terror for an idiotic invasion of Iraq

You have no way of knowing that. But the support from both sides of the aisle indicate that you are totally wrong and are doing nothing but spouting partisan bullshit-----------which seems to be your role here.

Name a GOP candidate you would like to support in the 2016 Presidential Election.

Forum List

Back