Jeb Bush: "People need to Work Longer Hours!"

Nyvin

Gold Member
Sep 23, 2013
Yeah, great publicity job there Jeb, keep it up...

Jeb Bush People Need to Work Longer Hours - ABC News
“My aspiration for the country and I believe we can achieve it, is 4 percent growth as far as the eye can see. Which means we have to be a lot more productive, workforce participation has to rise from its all-time modern lows. It means that people need to work longer hours” and, through their productivity, gain more income for their families. That's the only way we're going to get out of this rut that we're in.”

BTW - His earlier point goes against people working longer hours....people working longer hours means the company needs to hire less people, thus reducing employment numbers and lowering the workforce participation.

So you are against people getting a full 40 hours, so they can survive easier on their own?
Yeah, a lot of employers cut people back to less than 30 hours to avoid the Obozocare mandate, where they had to pay for health insurance out of their reduced wages..

Talk about a "double whammy"!!!!

th

Anyone who believes Americans aren't working hard enough hasn't met enough American workers.

Hillary Clinton on Twitter Anyone who believes Americans aren t working hard enough hasn t met enough American workers. http t.co wyS1p8zcDo

Perhaps if the class of people that Jeb Bush belongs shared the profits with the people that earned those profits for them, the economy would be doing better.

Bush also threw in that workers have to increase their productivity to earn more.

That might be the biggest insult in what he said, as the chart you posted proves.

Hasn't a thing to do with automation and tech, now, does it.
Anyone who believes Americans aren't working hard enough hasn't met enough American workers.

Hillary Clinton on Twitter Anyone who believes Americans aren t working hard enough hasn t met enough American workers. http t.co wyS1p8zcDo

Perhaps if the class of people that Jeb Bush belongs shared the profits with the people that earned those profits for them, the economy would be doing better.

Worker productivity is worker productivity.

Jeb Bush is stuck in the Free Trade Ideology, and has not noticed that the theory is not working in practice, for whatever reason.

It is not so much that the rich are not "Sharing" as our manufacturing sector can't seem to compete.

Either we are all incompetent morons, or the playing field is not level.

Come on, it's the Party of fat, greedy, hateful old white dudes. So is this really all that surprising? But this one is especially hilarious, coming from a spoiled pampered little brat.

The asshole was born into Globalist Elite Royalty. He never had to work a day in his life. So excuse me if i don't give a shit about anything he says. Or allow me to be more blunt... FUCK JEB BUSH!!!! :)

The playing field is not level, and any nation that has inadequate environmental laws and lack of labor laws that protect the workers should face tariffs from us and other nations that do.

The playing field is not level, and any nation that has inadequate environmental laws and lack of labor laws that protect the workers should face tariffs from us and other nations that do.

I suspect that is only the beginning of the ways the field is tilted against US.

But yes.

We have Right wing ideologues who don't want to pursue our economic interests because of Free Trade ideological reasons.

This viewpoint has won the contest of ideas in our society to the point that it has become bi-partisan policy, as demonstrated by Bill Clinton signing Nafta.

The nonsense of "working more hours" is an ideologue moving from Theory to Practice and not checking to see if he results match anything in reality.

Bush also threw in that workers have to increase their productivity to earn more.

That might be the biggest insult in what he said, as the chart you posted proves.
Anytime I asked for a raise, I've been asked why I deserve it.

Obama is aiming to move 100,000,000 out of the labor force before his term is up.

Why work when food stamps and unemployment drive the Democrat economy?

I love to watch the lazy left whine about the off chance that they might have the opportunity to actually earn their supper.

Let's be real, the average fat greedy white Republican dude pines for a return to the good ole days of Slavery. So if you're an American Worker, don't look to greedy hateful white Republican dude for any help. It just ain't gonna happen

To get more and better wage-earning hours, the American worker needs more skills, and that means more and better education.

Provide an outstanding education, and almost everything else works itself out.

To get more and better wage-earning hours, the American worker needs more skills, and that means more and better education.

Provide an outstanding education, and almost everything else works itself out.
Agreed, and that's the real problem with Jeb. It's not his saying you can't have wage growth with under-employed workers. It's that he's still tied to his big brother's top down tax cuts. If he'd be looking more at Ryan or Rubio proposals to push money to the middle class, then he'd have a better policy.

Forum List

Back