Jeb Bush: "People need to Work Longer Hours!"

Another spoiled pampered white Republican dude lecturing about work. Pretty hilarious stuff. How many hours has Jeb Bush worked this year? Bet it ain't much. What do you think?

Another spoiled pampered white Republican dude lecturing about work. Pretty hilarious stuff. How many hours has Jeb Bush worked this year? Bet it ain't much. What do you think?
More than you have, that's for sure.

150709-jeb-bushs-economic-vision-for-america.jpg

Yeah, great publicity job there Jeb, keep it up...

Jeb Bush People Need to Work Longer Hours - ABC News
“My aspiration for the country and I believe we can achieve it, is 4 percent growth as far as the eye can see. Which means we have to be a lot more productive, workforce participation has to rise from its all-time modern lows. It means that people need to work longer hours” and, through their productivity, gain more income for their families. That's the only way we're going to get out of this rut that we're in.”

BTW - His earlier point goes against people working longer hours....people working longer hours means the company needs to hire less people, thus reducing employment numbers and lowering the workforce participation.

One of the most dreadful impacts of Obamunism has been the reduction of hours of workers to part time, to escape the absurd mandates of Der Fuhrer. People DO need to be ABLE to work longer hours than the 28 that Obama has relegated most of the workforce to.

Jeb! makes 50 k per speech...ten speeches a cool half a million...

Sanders to Bush Americans need better wages not longer hours TheHill

(snip)
“The sad truth is that, because the middle class has declined over the last 40 years, while almost all new income and wealth has gone to the people on top, Americans already work the longest hours of any people in the Western industrialized world,” the Vermont senator said Thursday in a shot at Bush.

“What we need now is an economy that provides decent wages and income for the middle class, not demands that people work even longer hours than they current do,” he added.

Sanders says America’s problem is not work ethic but income inequality.

“Gov. Bush does not seem to understand what is happening in our economy today,” Sanders said.

“My aspiration for the country and I believe we can achieve it, is 4 percent growth as far as the eye can see. Which means we have to be a lot more productive, workforce participation has to rise from its all-time modern lows. It means that people need to work longer hours” and, through their productivity, gain more income for their families. That's the only way we're going to get out of this rut that we're in.”

BTW - His earlier point goes against people working longer hours....people working longer hours means the company needs to hire less people, thus reducing employment numbers and lowering the workforce participation.

Perhaps he was referring to his brother, George, and politicians in general.

Honestly, I think you are taking what he said out of context. I do not believe that he is insinuating that full-time workers need to start working 60 hours per week. I think he is talking about the many people who are only working 25 to 30 hours working a full 40 to 45 hours per week.

Come on, it's the Party of fat, greedy, hateful old white dudes. So is this really all that surprising? But this one is especially hilarious, coming from a spoiled pampered little brat.

The asshole was born into Globalist Elite Royalty. He never had to work a day in his life. So excuse me if i don't give a shit about anything he says. Or allow me to be more blunt... FUCK JEB BUSH!!!! :)
Just count your food stamps and say thank you, yo...

So you are against people getting a full 40 hours, so they can survive easier on their own?
Yeah, a lot of employers cut people back to less than 30 hours to avoid the Obozocare mandate, where they had to pay for health insurance out of their reduced wages..

Talk about a "double whammy"!!!!

While this is true to a degree, it's not nearly as extensive as you think. Secondly, employers did not cut full-time employee hours back to less than 30 hours per week. The only people really affected were those getting 32 to 35 hours per week. Most companies already had policies that required full-time to be 35 or 36 hours per week in order to receive benefits, so the real loss in hours for the few affected was only about 3 hours per week. The good thing is that this did allow many people to take second jobs part-time and then get health insurance from the exchanges. If these were lower income earners, then they also got subsidies to help them pay for their insurance. All in all, this hasn't been the big albatross that cons make it out to be.

Jeb Bush is stuck in the Free Trade Ideology, and has not noticed that the theory is not working in practice, for whatever reason.

It is not so much that the rich are not "Sharing" as our manufacturing sector can't seem to compete.

Either we are all incompetent morons, or the playing field is not level.

Yeah, you're an idiot.

Anyone who believes Americans aren't working hard enough hasn't met enough American workers.

Hillary Clinton on Twitter Anyone who believes Americans aren t working hard enough hasn t met enough American workers. http t.co wyS1p8zcDo

Perhaps if the class of people that Jeb Bush belongs shared the profits with the people that earned those profits for them, the economy would be doing better.

One of the great attributes due to the death of unions. You are correct that if companies shared those profits just a little bit with their workers, this economy would be on much better ground. Trickle down is a joke. The economy grows from the bottom up, because those on the bottom are the ones spending the majority of their income.

And due to pundates trying to imply otherwise, he how now clarified he meant workers forced to work part time due to Obamacare constraints.

Honestly, I think you are taking what he said out of context. I do not believe that he is insinuating that full-time workers need to start working 60 hours per week. I think he is talking about the many people who are only working 25 to 30 hours working a full 40 to 45 hours per week.

Anyone who believes Americans aren't working hard enough hasn't met enough American workers.

Hillary Clinton on Twitter Anyone who believes Americans aren t working hard enough hasn t met enough American workers. http t.co wyS1p8zcDo

Perhaps if the class of people that Jeb Bush belongs shared the profits with the people that earned those profits for them, the economy would be doing better.

Jeb Bush is stuck in the Free Trade Ideology, and has not noticed that the theory is not working in practice, for whatever reason.

It is not so much that the rich are not "Sharing" as our manufacturing sector can't seem to compete.

Either we are all incompetent morons, or the playing field is not level.

Auto manufacturers are moving their plants to Mexico because Mexico has free trade agreements with the most countries throughout the world. This is saving them billion in export fees. While labor costs are currently cheaper in Mexico, these companies realize that is only going to be a temporary thing, but the free trade agreements are there for the long haul. We are in a global economy, and if we want to compete globally, we cannot become an isolationist country.

More than you have, that's for sure.

Ha, doubt that. The Bush's are spoiled pampered Royals. Never had to work a day in their lives. And they haven't.

You assume that productivity rise is a result in the quality and quantity of labor?

It's technology that has increased productivity NOT the quality or quantity of labor

Forum List

Back