Jeff Flake: I’m less popular than ‘pond scum’ after gun vote

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Guess it didn't help that he sent a hand-written note to a victim, saying he'd vote for background checks, and then voted against them.

Jeff Flake: I?m less popular than ?pond scum? after gun vote

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) is acknowledging that his vote against background checks may have hurt his reputation back home.
In a Facebook post Monday evening, the senator highlighted a Public Policy Polling survey showing him as one of the least popular senators in the country, with a 34 percent approval and 51 percent disapproval rating.

“Nothing like waking up to a poll saying you’re the nation’s least popular senator,” Flake wrote. “Given the public’s dim view of Congress in general, that probably puts me somewhere just below pond scum.”
<more>

The vote is over. Trying to intimidate politicians after the fact is totally pointless.

Guess it didn't help that he sent a hand-written note to a victim, saying he'd vote for background checks, and then voted against them.

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) is acknowledging that his vote against background checks may have hurt his reputation back home.
In a Facebook post Monday evening, the senator highlighted a Public Policy Polling survey showing him as one of the least popular senators in the country, with a 34 percent approval and 51 percent disapproval rating.

“Nothing like waking up to a poll saying you’re the nation’s least popular senator,” Flake wrote. “Given the public’s dim view of Congress in general, that probably puts me somewhere just below pond scum.”
<more>

The vote is over. Trying to intimidate politicians after the fact is totally pointless.

<more>

Wow, talk about hoping for your constituency to be the lowest information voters possible. Guess that failed.

Flake should reflect on why he's lower than pond scum after lying to that woman - and then voting "NO" on background checks.

We already have background checks. Why do liberals act as if we don't?

Really? We have "universal background checks" that cover ALL gun sales? Please define the law or laws that cover that (federal and state).

Well we already have background checks from dealers, which make up 99% of all gun sellers at gun shows. We also have internet sales covered because the gun has to be sent to a participating dealer that runs the background check.

The only things not covered are personal sales, and let me be frank here, by that I mean illegal sales to the criminals, most guns given to family members or sold to another friend aren't a problem. Your only problem is the criminals that wouldn't obey any law in the first place.

Piss Poor Polling...Liberoidal prop players.

Nothing to see here.

Yea, because they were so far off in the presidential election, unlike Rasmussen and Gallup. :cuckoo:
Notwithstanding that they are clearly identified by RCP (which also accurately called the election) as a leftist prop player.

But let's not kill you with facts like that! :rolleyes:

You are seriously the dumbest f*cking fake indian on your little fake reservation. You should recruit Elizabeth "Fauxcohontas" Warren to your tribe. Good chance you will at times become only second dumbest.

In other words, you're too dumbfounded to respond intelligently. All 3 of the above links contain great information.

Unfortunately, current federal law requires criminal background checks only for guns sold through licensed firearm dealers, which account for just 60% of all gun sales in the United States. A loophole in the law allows individuals not “engaged in the business” of selling firearms to sell guns without a license—and without processing any paperwork. That means that two out of every five guns sold in the United States change hands without a background check.

Though commonly referred to as the “Gun Show Loophole,” the “private sales” described above include guns sold at gun shows, through classified newspaper ads, the Internet, and between individuals virtually anywhere.

Unfortunately, only six states (CA, CO, IL, NY, OR, RI) require universal background checks on all firearm sales at gun shows. Three more states (CT, MD, PA) require background checks on all handgun sales made at gun shows. Seven other states (HI, IA, MA, MI, NJ, NC, NE) require purchasers to obtain a permit and undergo a background check before buying a handgun. Florida allows its counties to regulate gun shows by requiring background checks on all firearms purchases at these events. 33 states have taken no action whatsoever to close the Gun Show Loophole.

More: Gun Show Loophole - Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

Forum List

Back