Jefferson National Park (St Louis Arch) renamed. Snowflakes strike again!

More revisionist history bullshit. Gotta whitewash that American history ya know! And they also said the old name promoted the MYTH of American Exceptionalism.

I can not find a link that lists the specific reasons for the name change but it has been a hot topic of contention on local radio today.

As Gateway Arch Turns 50, Its Message Gets Reframed
Who cares about some place in bumfuck Kansas.
I see you majored in liberal geography and aced the course...

Lolololol

More revisionist history bullshit. Gotta whitewash that American history ya know! And they also said the old name promoted the MYTH of American Exceptionalism.

I can not find a link that lists the specific reasons for the name change but it has been a hot topic of contention on local radio today.

Oh no! Now we are only left with 10,000 other things named after Thomas Jefferson!

What is your complaint exactly ?
My complaint is leftist revisionism and whitewashing history to protect feelings.

Do you even know what the term "whitewashing" means? Here, let me help you out...................

whitewash
[hwahyt-wosh, -wawsh, wahyt-]
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
  1. a composition, as of lime and water or of whiting, size, and water, used for whitening walls, woodwork, etc.
  2. anything, as deceptive words or actions, used to cover up or gloss over faults, errors, or wrongdoings, or absolve a wrongdoer from blame.
  3. Sports Informal. a defeat in which the loser fails to score.
Now, in the case of the museum, they aren't using deceptive words or actions to cover up or gloss over errors, faults or wrongdoings. Matter of fact, according to your link, they are actually doing the opposite. If they were going to "whitewash" the whole thing, they would have left it as it is, rather than choose to expand the museum to include the uprooting of natives, as well as all the other bad things that happened. Including that less than stellar part of history is actually the exact OPPOSITE of whitewashing.

You might want to learn what words mean as well as learn to read your links before posting.

Oh no! Now we are only left with 10,000 other things named after Thomas Jefferson!

My complaint is leftist revisionism and whitewashing history to protect feelings.

Do you even know what the term "whitewashing" means? Here, let me help you out...................

whitewash
noun
  1. a composition, as of lime and water or of whiting, size, and water, used for whitening walls, woodwork, etc.
  2. anything, as deceptive words or actions, used to cover up or gloss over faults, errors, or wrongdoings, or absolve a wrongdoer from blame.
Now, in the case of the museum, they aren't using deceptive words or actions to cover up or gloss over errors, faults or wrongdoings. Matter of fact, according to your link, they are actually doing the opposite. If they were going to "whitewash" the whole thing, they would have left it as it is, rather than choose to expand the museum to include the uprooting of natives, as well as all the other bad things that happened. Including that less than stellar part of history is actually the exact OPPOSITE of whitewashing.

You might want to learn what words mean as well as learn to read your links before posting.

Yes . You miss the irony of white people “whitewashing” history for centuries.

whitewash
noun

I never mentioned the museum lol. The thread is about the desire to remove Jefferson from history by removing references to him.

whitewash
noun

And your goto response is race baiting.

How expected

T
By the way people...................screw ups like what Gramps has displayed in this thread is one of the main reasons I read the links. Some people find an article with a scary title, post it without reading it, and then find out after people start reading their thread that their link says the exact opposite of what they are claiming.

But, he also said he heard this on talk radio where everyone was outraged. I can believe that, because there are a lot of lunatics who call into those shows. Especially if they are conservative, which I think is what Gramps would listen to.
Midday with Jayme & Wickett

Both leftist twits

So you posted a link to a radio station. Where is the link to the actual show in question?
That is the show idiot. I posted links to both daytime radio shows I listen to EVERY DAY.
3 leftists & 1 libertarian.

Bastion for right wing conspiracy was your implication. I proved you wrong yet again.

You have proven nothing. You have stated repeatedly that I don't know you, and you are correct. But, I can infer things about you from the way you post, and one of those is that you are a definite conservative. But, since I don't know you, I also don't know if you are lying or not about your choice of radio stations. Based on what you have posted in this thread, I wouldn't put it above you to lie to try to save face.

I mean, you have already demonstrated a severe lack of reading comprehension, as well as have demonstrated beautifully that you don't know what whitewash means.

Last edited:

whitewash
noun

I never mentioned the museum lol. The thread is about the desire to remove Jefferson from history by removing references to him.

Huh ? Ok looney tunes . Like I said , theirs like 10,000 memorials to the guy .

whitewash
noun

And your goto response is race baiting.

How expected

Your thread is race baiting you hypocrite !

whitewash
noun

Wow.................you really are quite the little retard ain't you? And, with you saying that you never mentioned the museum is proof that you don't read your links, because in the link clearly labeled "As Gateway Arch turns 50, it's message gets reframed". That is YOUR link, and that link is the one that says that they are expanding the message of the museum to include the less than stellar things that happened when we settled the West.

And, if this thread was about a desire to remove Jefferson from history, why didn't you say that and link to something about that instead? All you did here was look like a fool who doesn't read their own links or understand what whitewash means.

T
By the way people...................screw ups like what Gramps has displayed in this thread is one of the main reasons I read the links. Some people find an article with a scary title, post it without reading it, and then find out after people start reading their thread that their link says the exact opposite of what they are claiming.

But, he also said he heard this on talk radio where everyone was outraged. I can believe that, because there are a lot of lunatics who call into those shows. Especially if they are conservative, which I think is what Gramps would listen to.
Midday with Jayme & Wickett

Both leftist twits

So you posted a link to a radio station. Where is the link to the actual show in question?
That is the show idiot. I posted links to both daytime radio shows I listen to EVERY DAY.
3 leftists & 1 libertarian.

Bastion for right wing conspiracy was your implication. I proved you wrong yet again.

You have proven nothing. You have stated repeatedly that I don't know you, and you are correct. But, I can infer things about you from the way you post, and one of those is that you are a definite conservative. But, since I don't know you, I also don't know if you are lying or not about your choice of radio stations. Based on what you have posted in this thread, I wouldn't put it above you to like to try to save face.

I mean, you have already demonstrated a severe lack of reading comprehension, as well as have demonstrated beautifully that you don't know what whitewash means.
Second time you have tried to imply I was lying. This time because I am a conservative.
Does that mean I can imply you are a pedophile simply because you are a leftist?

whitewash
noun

Wow.................you really are quite the little retard ain't you? And, with you saying that you never mentioned the museum is proof that you don't read your links, because in the link clearly labeled "As Gateway Arch turns 50, it's message gets reframed". That is YOUR link, and that link is the one that says that they are expanding the message of the museum to include the less than stellar things that happened when we settled the West.

And, if this thread was about a desire to remove Jefferson from history, why didn't you say that and link to something about that instead? All you did here was look like a fool who doesn't read their own links or understand what whitewash means.
I NEVER MENTIONED THE MUSEUM

Get it? I, as in me, myself, my words.

You are bound for ignore

whitewash
noun

You are bound for ignore

The link you used to back up your post did. If you put a link in a post, most people will figure that you did it because it has information that supports your claim, not rips it apart. Otherwise, you look like a fool when the link doesn't support your claim.

Or did you not know how messageboards work?

whitewash
noun

You are bound for ignore

The link you used to back up your post did. If you put a link in a post, most people will figure that you did it because it has information that supports your claim, not rips it apart. Otherwise, you look like a fool when the link doesn't support your claim.

Or did you not know how messageboards work?
My claim was I could not find a link to back up the position. The link was provided to give basic insight into the story. YOU took it upon yourself to make the implications and draw your own conclusion. Rather than admitting that all the info was not readily available as I stated you wanted to go in an argumentative direction. Which honestly was not unexpected from most idiots on this board.

Now I am done with you so enjoy your stay at the troll table with the rest of the trolls on ignore.

St. Louis landmark officially gets new name: ‘Gateway Arch National Park’

It is like you just ignore the actual article you cited
“The name ‘Jefferson National Expansion Memorial’ was established long before the Gateway Arch was envisioned, and has simply never been adopted by our millions of visitors,” writes Superintendent at the Gateway Arch National Park Mike Ward. “We hope this new name will best reflect the magnificent renovations and visitor experience we will unveil in a few months.”

Grampa is just looking for something to be outraged about. I find it funny that he didn't check his own link which gives the reason, as well as says that Trump is the one that signed it into law, meaning Trump is responsible for the name change, because he could have vetoed it.
I read the entire link dumbass. Why else would I say I couldn't find a link with the full story.

It seems it is YOU who can not read.
And yes, it is a reason to bitch.
Horseshit! You were just trying to stir the pot. The article is dated October 2015 and not relevant to today or in 2015 in POLITICS but rather in the HISTORY forum now, ya shit slinger!

“The name ‘Jefferson National Expansion Memorial’ was established long before the Gateway Arch was envisioned, and has simply never been adopted by our millions of visitors,” writes Superintendent at the Gateway Arch National Park Mike Ward. “We hope this new name will best reflect the magnificent renovations and visitor experience we will unveil in a few months.”

Grampa is just looking for something to be outraged about. I find it funny that he didn't check his own link which gives the reason, as well as says that Trump is the one that signed it into law, meaning Trump is responsible for the name change, because he could have vetoed it.
I read the entire link dumbass. Why else would I say I couldn't find a link with the full story.

Horseshit! You were just trying to stir the pot. The article is dated October 2015 and not relevant to today or in 2015 in POLITICS but rather in the HISTORY forum now, ya shit slinger!

Actually, in his first one, it's dated Feb of 2018, so it's still kinda current.

Actually, in his first one, it's dated Feb of 2018, so it's still kinda current.
This is shown in header of the linked article :

"October 28, 2015 4:34 AM ET
Heard on Morning Edition

This is shown in header of the linked article :

"October 28, 2015 4:34 AM ET
Heard on Morning Edition
Your point? The debate for renaming it went on for years. Started somewhere no?

Damn that Trump for being such a snowflake and signing the bill to rename the Arch!

Forum List

Back