Jerome Corsi negotiating plea with Mueller

So if the AG quits, dies or gets fired, who runs the department until the Senate gives it's "advice and consent" to a new AG?

I thought you were going to tell us.

You mean you were talking out your ass?

Article 2 Section 2 Clause 2

and [the President] shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

Interim appointments do not meet this criteria
You'll have to take that up with Obama since he had numerous interim department heads, as did Bush and Clinton.
Nope. Those were RECESS appointments.Entirely different

So sue Rump kid.

It's the Federal Vacancies Refrm Act of 1998 and it may not stand up t a Court challenge because

In 2001, the Duke Law Journal published an article criticizing the nomination process and the Federal Vacancies Reform Act of 1998. The author, Joshua Stayn, asserts four constitutional problems with the act:

1. The act allows the Senate to confirm or reject people whom the president never officially nominated. The act allows the Senate to treat a president's written notice of intent to nominate as a nomination, despite the fact that the president has yet to and may never nominate the named individual to an advice and consent position. Such treatment of a president's written notice of intent to nominate violates both the "formalist" and "functionalist" Supreme Court decisions on federal appointment issues.
  2. The act gives the Senate an impermissible role in making recess appointments. This second constitutional flaw is that it illegitimately interferes with the president's exercise of constitutional authority to make recess appointments.
  3. The act encroaches on the president's ability to nominate and control subordinate executive officers. It obligates each agency head to report any vacancy, temporary appointment, or official nomination directly and immediately to Congress, without clearance from the President.
  4. The act transfers too much of the Senate's power in the appointment process to the president in the year following a presidential transition. The act authorizes a newly elected president to appoint acting officers to every advice and consent position in the executive branch for up to 300 days after either inauguration day or the date on which the vacancy occurred. The act permits newly elected presidents to engage independently in precisely the kind of favoritism the framers sought to prevent, it is unconstitutional.[9]

and [the President] shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

You'll have to take that up with Obama since he had numerous interim department heads, as did Bush and Clinton.
They are somewhat different. but the fact essential to your argument is that they never received the advice and consent of the Senate before they assumed their position running the government office they were put in charge of. You claim that no one can be put in charge of a department of the government without the advice and consent of the Senate. Now you're admitting they can.

They are somewhat different. but the fact essential to your argument is that they never received the advice and consent of the Senate before they assumed their position running the government office they were put in charge of. You claim that no one can be put in charge of a department of the government without the advice and consent of the Senate. Now you're admitting they can.
They are entirely different. Recess appointments are governed by the Constitution. Interim appointments are not

Where did I say I condone anything? Just giving ewe facts, and I know how much tRumptards hate pesky facts!

Puhleeze. Spare us your disingenuous protests. You've been cheering for Republican blood since the witch hunt started.

Nope, but willing to wait for the investigation to be concluded! Continue on with your assertions, see are kind of amusing. Like a retarded puppy.
Yeah, I'm sure your willing to wait if the witch hunt goes on forever. Just one more piece of evidence that you're a scum bucket who is hostile to the Constitution and the principles of justice.

Sez the tRump cum dumpster! Remember whitewater, you assclowns set the precedent. Wallow in it!
What "precedent" is that? Bank fraud is obviously a crime.

Shouldn't they have stuck with just bank fraud then? They didn't, and by the way they got him for lying about a BJ. Yup in your little mind I am sure that is bank fraud.

They are entirely different. Recess appointments are governed by the Constitution. Interim appointments are not
ROFL! Where does the Constitution even mention recess appointments? According to you, an officer cannot take control of a government agency without the advice and consent of the Senate. You claim that's what the Constitution said. Now you're claim it says something different.

Do you imagine no one can see that you are making this up as you go along?

No shit, you just can't fix stupid.
You mean like the retards who keep saying Mueller is going to indict some Trump official for "collusion" with the Russians? When is that going to happen, stupid?

Well bumbles,I never thought he was going to get tRump for collusion so try again maroon.
That's what all you snowflakes have been repeating like a mantra for two years. Wasn't that supposed to be the reason for this witch hunt in the first place. What is the reason now, getting Trump any way Mueller can? Is that really an appropriate reason to appoint a special counsel?

It's truly sad that you sleazy vermin approve of this brand of "justice."

I believe that the mandate read, "where ever the investigation takes you". Follow the money sweetie!
That's an illegal mandate according the the special counsel statute.

Worked for Kenneth Starr so yup you guys set the precedent.

Puhleeze. Spare us your disingenuous protests. You've been cheering for Republican blood since the witch hunt started.

Nope, but willing to wait for the investigation to be concluded! Continue on with your assertions, see are kind of amusing. Like a retarded puppy.
Yeah, I'm sure your willing to wait if the witch hunt goes on forever. Just one more piece of evidence that you're a scum bucket who is hostile to the Constitution and the principles of justice.

Sez the tRump cum dumpster! Remember whitewater, you assclowns set the precedent. Wallow in it!

Shouldn't they have stuck with just bank fraud then? They didn't, and by the way they got him for lying about a BJ. Yup in your little mind I am sure that is bank fraud.
I'm not going to get side tracked into all the particulars of the Clinton case.

You mean like the retards who keep saying Mueller is going to indict some Trump official for "collusion" with the Russians? When is that going to happen, stupid?

Well bumbles,I never thought he was going to get tRump for collusion so try again maroon.
That's what all you snowflakes have been repeating like a mantra for two years. Wasn't that supposed to be the reason for this witch hunt in the first place. What is the reason now, getting Trump any way Mueller can? Is that really an appropriate reason to appoint a special counsel?

I believe that the mandate read, "where ever the investigation takes you". Follow the money sweetie!

Nope, Ken Starr was appointed to investigate a specific case.

Because your guys set a precedent that is being carried out now.

Nope, Ken Starr was appointed to investigate a specific case.

Yes whitewater and look where that went. Now you know why this is going to go off course.

President Trump's lawlessness, is not going to go on forever... his free pass is about to expire...

Nixon, was allowed to fire his attorney general and associate attorney general any time he wanted to, so you claim.... but that's simply not true if the president is abusing his power.... and part of the articles for impeachment on him, including the firing of his cabinet officers, that you all claim he can do whenever he wants... much like pardons...

so as I said, go for it.... :p

see you in the Senate's Court, with John Roberts overseeing the impeachment trial!!!
Total bullshit. There is no law that says the President can't fire his attorney general if the President was "abusing his power." How would that even be defined?

You're just making stuff up, as always. The only thing that prevents the President from firing his AG is political pressure.

The president can't do whatever he wants, but firing his AG and issuing pardons to anyone he wants for any reason is well within his constitutional authority.

If there's any "lawlessness" currently going on within our government, it's all in the Special Councel's office.
The Attorney General is one of the positions that require Senate confirmation.

An "interim" appointment can be made but firing a confirmed appointee in order to appoint an "indefinite interim" appointment is unconstitutional
Show us where the Constitution says that.
the constitution actually says ONLY a senate confirmed appointment can sit in a Cabinet officer's position, who reports only to the President, with no other boss above them...
It says nothing of the sort, dingbat:

... and [the President] shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.
there are court rulings interpreting the constitution on it

read this Justice Thomas piece on it, separating principle officers from inferior officers

Start reading at page 25 of the pdf court document

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/pdf/15-1251.pdf

also, it is working its way up through the courts now on Whitaker, the Supreme court will make the final decision

and this opinion piece explains some of what Justice Thomas was saying

Opinion | Trump’s Appointment of the Acting Attorney General Is Unconstitutional

Because your guys set a precedent that is being carried out now.
They didn't set any precedent that Herr Mueller is following.

An Associate of Roger Stone (former Trump adviser) is talking to Robert Mueller about a plea deal. The central issue appears to revolve about what Roger Stone knew about the dissemination of hacked DNC emails from Wikileaks.

Stone associate Jerome Corsi is in plea negotiations with special counsel, according to a person with knowledge of the talks - The Washington Post
I pray the chickens are coming home to roost on Corsi..and on the matron embedded in my memory from the 2003 RNC Convention wearing the stetson and sporting a band aid with a purple heart on her left face cheek.

He did great work stopping Lurch.
He did a smear and you swallowed it, just like you do today. You slander all military when you slander the purple heart for the sake of your political party..the party that got SCHLONGED, as my buddy polish prince would say. And you do the same today. Get all choked up about the military, the one Trump calls 'MY military', yet he sends them off on a showtime mission to use gunfire on refugees and slanders generals, Gold Star families, and runs a VA that isn't paying it's vets. 'Lurch' went. 'Lurch' served. And you cry a river for the guy that treats our military like his personal set of toy soldiers..which he will shelve if he doesn't feel like playing with them.
Lurch got a Purple Heart for a splinter in his butt. He nominated himself.
How obvious you know nothing about how that works.....

Roger Stone was texting friend about wikileaks dump a few days before the email dump.
And with Guccifer 2.0 just before that.
Someone sent a text to Roger Stone? Horrors! That is a serious crime! How dare he receive mysterious text messages! Burn him at the stake!

Nov. 14, 2018 / 5:36 PM EST
By Anna Schecter

Six days before WikiLeaks began releasing Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s emails, Roger Stone had a text message conversation with a friend about WikiLeaks, according to copies of phone records obtained exclusively by NBC News.

“Big news Wednesday,” the Stone pal, radio host Randy Credico, wrote on Oct. 1, 2016, according to the text messages provided by Stone. “Now pretend u don’t know me.”

“U died 5 years ago,” Stone replied.

“Great,” Credico wrote back. “Hillary’s campaign will die this week.”
So where is the crime?

I don't know... this is the only text the papers have reported on....

Mueller for certain, has more than this 1... and knows more about what was going on, than just this one indication that shows Stone lied about it...

why lie to investigators if it was all legal?
Who says he lied?
Rogers Stone initially said he didnt talk to any russians. <--- this lie.

Forum List

Back