Jesse Ventura wins $1.8million defamation

The jury found Kyle lied. Should Ventura have let such a scurrilous smear go unchallenged?

Either that or CONFIRM you're an asshole by suing the widow of a murdered veteran ....

He didn't sue the widow. He sued the man's estate. That man's money was acquired by libeling someone, not by his widow.

Yeah, but the money is going to come out of HER bank account. JV is a douche, pure and simple.

He is an absolutely despicable man. The world would be better off without him.

Well Jesse doesn't seem to have any source of income so gotta make some bank somehow.
Why not go after the wife of a dead man...

He's a slimeball.

If Kyle lied and slandered Ventura, I don't blame Ventura for wanting to clear his name.

So are you suggesting THIS helped "restore" his name?

The jury found Kyle lied. Should Ventura have let such a scurrilous smear go unchallenged?

Ahhhh, yeah. I think after a guy is dead, you should stop kicking him.

Also, it's hard to believe that anyone would claim this guy could get any lower in his reputation.

article-2334026-1A1650A1000005DC-878_306x423.jpg

Well Jesse doesn't seem to have any source of income so gotta make some bank somehow.

He's a slimeball.

Why should anyone even a Navy Seal be exempt from the law?

The guy published a libelous falsehood.

If anyone else did that and got his ass sued you wouldn't give a shit.

I can't believe limp wrisated neocon fags here think that Kyle, a dude who murdered (lit up as they say) a bunch of Iraqis with a rifle from long distance, would have the guts to assault Jesse man to man. Then the neocon fags imply Jesse does not have assorted income streams, how fucking clueless. At least do a wilipedia search dumbasses. :lol:

Last edited:
I think the point should be made that the defamation suit was filed in 2012, about a year prior to Chris Kyle's death. The suit shifted to the estate (and appropriately so), since the estate clearly profited from the issue in dispute. Ventura sued the man who defamed him, not his widow and children.

He's a slimeball.

Why should anyone even a Navy Seal be exempt from the law?

The guy published a libelous falsehood.

If anyone else did that and got his ass sued you wouldn't give a shit.

^ that

Besides the widow merely inherited the money the guy made by libeling Jesse. See post #68. If it wasn't for that libelous book, she wouldn't have any damages to give Jesse. She gave Jesse $1.8 out of the $6 million she inherited from her ex "cashing-in" on gov't/public service.

Last edited:
Whow, Ventura is blaming Kyle because people got sick of listening to him and he had to sue the widow, whow, just whow. I just wonder what the jury was thinking.

Chris Kyle, a former Navy SEAL, claimed in his book American Sniper that he punched Ventura at a SEAL bar in California in 2006
Kyle claimed on Fox News that Ventura, himself a former SEAL, had said the SEALs 'deserved to lose a few, over their behavior in Iraq
Kyle was murdered by a fellow veteran in February 2013
Ventura then sued Kyle's widow Taya Kyle, who inherited the $6million fortune made from the book

Read more: Jesse Ventura wins $1.8m defamation suit against Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Clearly it was lies. Good for Jesse!

He's a slimeball.

That dead man shouldn't have lied to promote his book. You take the side of the guy who lied? You must be of very low character.

Either that or CONFIRM you're an asshole by suing the widow of a murdered veteran ....

He didn't sue the widow. He sued the man's estate. That man's money was acquired by libeling someone, not by his widow.

Yeah, but the money is going to come out of HER bank account. JV is a douche, pure and simple.

She has millions because of a book which was promoted due to lies. The only reason I ever heard of the book was because of the Jesse story. Don't worry, she still has more millions from book sales. And the douche would be the one who lied in the first place.

I can believe he won. Why? Because the man he is suing is dead. It's very hard to get the other person's side of the story out when they can't tell it.

What I can't believe is why the man would think suing a widow somehow makes his character look good. He looks like a piece of trash to me.

Considering it was printed in a book, it would be easy to know what a dead man thought..

I can believe he won. Why? Because the man he is suing is dead. It's very hard to get the other person's side of the story out when they can't tell it.

What I can't believe is why the man would think suing a widow somehow makes his character look good. He looks like a piece of trash to me.

Considering it was printed in a book, it would be easy to know what a dead man thought..

Yes and winning proves that Jesse didn't say the things Kyle lied about in his book. That should clear his name.

Jessie launched the Lawsuit BEFORE Kyle was killed.

Not that it matters much to most of you flag wavers.

Ventura's name was not printed in the book, if you had only read the article or the book.

I have lost all faith in the judicial system. Him being found guilty probably had more to do with them paying the jurors 10 dollars a day then it did the truth. The article says that there were two witnesses that backed Kyle. I guess everyone is a liar other then Ventura.

Ventura's name was not printed in the book, if you had only read the article or the book.

He said in interviews that it was Jesse.

I have lost all faith in the judicial system. Him being found guilty probably had more to do with them paying the jurors 10 dollars a day then it did the truth. The article says that there were two witnesses that backed Kyle. I guess everyone is a liar other then Ventura.

Clearly they were not very good witnesses or Jesse would not have won. If the event had happened it would have been big news at the time. It wasn't, it never happened as the jurors determined.

Forum List

Back