Jesse Ventura wins $1.8million defamation

High powered lawyers bill by the hour, not by percentage.

OK, so Jesse lawyers up to the tune of $1.8 million, wins a split decision from the jury, takes the money out of the hands of the widow of a dead veteran, and then hands it over to a bunch of high-priced lawyers?????

Well, now that you put it THAT way, I understand completely.

Argumentum ad passiones

A guy robs a bank. He then dies. The government takes the money back. Ignoramuses wail the government "took the money out of the hands of a widow".

Kyle came by his money dishonestly.

Besides, I just posted that the $1.8 million will probably come out of the insurance company, not the widow's hands.

G, you and I are arguing different issues.
I'm talking about the PR nightmare Jesse has created for himself. You are arguing what is legal.

If everyone in the country was willing to accept a jury verdict as gospel and just leave it at that ... then the fact that he won may have averted the PR nightmare. But we both know that's just not the case.

Even Anderson Cooper, CNN’s relatively unflappable newsman, weighed in viscerally Tuesday night. His response: “I cannot believe that Jesse Ventura successfully sued the widow of fallen Navy SEAL. Has he no shame?”

Cooper, challenged shortly afterward on Twitter on why Ventura should let people “trash” his name, fired back at a follower: “dude, I saw Jesse Ventura’s conspiracy theory tv show once, he’s done quite a good job of trashing his own name.”

Jesse Ventura vs. Chris Kyle: A case where no one won - The Washington Post

Venturathedouche_zps136fe3c4.png

*This image is posted for entertainment value only and is not intended as a reflection on the sullied reputation of any douchbag living or dead...this disclaimer added to thwart any asswipe fuckchop shitstain former wrestling conspiracy theorist who shall remain nameless from suing MY wife in the event of my untimely demise.

Last edited:
UDT/Seal same pushups, same swims, same running with the log, same run till you puke then run some more.

Superhero lied, published the lie, stuck to the lies on TV. Fuck him
Ventura is out there where the buses do not run but what the hell.
The jury voted right.

UDT/Seal same pushups, same swims, same running with the log, same run till you puke then run some more.

Superhero lied, published the lie, stuck to the lies on TV. Fuck him
Ventura is out there where the buses do not run but what the hell.
The jury voted right.

Two didn't.

And none of us will ever know for sure.

But one thing we CAN all know for sure is this: Jesse has burned a lot of bridges with this one.

Even Anderson Cooper, CNN’s relatively unflappable newsman, weighed in viscerally Tuesday night. His response: “I cannot believe that Jesse Ventura successfully sued the widow of fallen Navy SEAL. Has he no shame?”

Cooper, challenged shortly afterward on Twitter on why Ventura should let people “trash” his name, fired back at a follower: “dude, I saw Jesse Ventura’s conspiracy theory tv show once, he’s done quite a good job of trashing his own name.”

Jesse Ventura vs. Chris Kyle: A case where no one won - The Washington Post

From an episode of Jesse's TruTV show: "They want you dead, Governor"

Oh please :cuckoo:

Yeah I knew that he was I don't know that it's something the SEAL'S are bragging about though.

Actually, he is not an ex-Navy SEAL. UDT.

Why would you say that. He served with Team 12, a UDT/SEAL Team whose specialty was and is the waters and coasts of the Pacific and Mideast. He served four years active and two in the reserve. He is a Vietnam Veteran.

I said it because he is not an ex-Navy SEAL, he is UDT. Which shares some of the same training but not the 26 weeks required to be a SEAL. At least at the time of his service.

I can believe he won. Why? Because the man he is suing is dead. It's very hard to get the other person's side of the story out when they can't tell it.

Kyle made a video deposition.

What I can't believe is why the man would think suing a widow somehow makes his character look good. He looks like a piece of trash to me.

If Kyle lied and slandered Ventura, I don't blame Ventura for wanting to clear his name.

The way I read the article there were at least 2 SEALS that confirmed Kyle's story and only one that confirmed Ventua's So how can you know? And please, I know what the jury ruled but they were going to be a hung jury until whomever realized they had to get home to work an actually job and joined in with the others. Not sure how they could have ruled in Ventura's favor.

The jury found Kyle lied. Should Ventura have let such a scurrilous smear go unchallenged?

Either that or CONFIRM you're an asshole by suing the widow of a murdered veteran ....

He didn't sue the widow. He sued the man's estate. That man's money was acquired by libeling someone, not by his widow.

As with almost everything else you have posted on this subject you are wrong about libel.

Navy Seal or not the guy wrote and published what was proven to be a libelous falsehood.

Why should he or his estate get a pass?

Does anyone on this board know the definition of libel? Or Slander? Even if you did know the difference, Ventura's name was not in the book. Crap things are said about people everyday, Kyle had two witnesses confirming his story.

Actually, he is not an ex-Navy SEAL. UDT.

Why would you say that. He served with Team 12, a UDT/SEAL Team whose specialty was and is the waters and coasts of the Pacific and Mideast. He served four years active and two in the reserve. He is a Vietnam Veteran.

I said it because he is not an ex-Navy SEAL, he is UDT. Which shares some of the same training but not the 26 weeks required to be a SEAL. At least at the time of his service.

He is officially recognized as a Navy SEAL by the Navy SEAL's. No asterisk or caveats.

Jesse Ventura | Navy SEALs

Jesse has always been one of my hero's. He was a SEAL back before all these high tech, fast drying fabrics & lighter weapons were the norm.

Whow, Ventura is blaming Kyle because people got sick of listening to him and he had to sue the widow, whow, just whow. I just wonder what the jury was thinking.

Chris Kyle, a former Navy SEAL, claimed in his book American Sniper that he punched Ventura at a SEAL bar in California in 2006
Kyle claimed on Fox News that Ventura, himself a former SEAL, had said the SEALs 'deserved to lose a few, over their behavior in Iraq
Kyle was murdered by a fellow veteran in February 2013
Ventura then sued Kyle's widow Taya Kyle, who inherited the $6million fortune made from the book

Read more: Jesse Ventura wins $1.8m defamation suit against Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

He came across as an egotistical braggart who couldn't quite disguise his love for the kill.

Wrong! I listened to it live on the Opie and Anthony show. That is where this story broke. A caller asked him if the nameless person that he punched in his book was Jesse Ventura. He reluctantly admitted to it, then he told the story. He didnt sound like he was bragging at all.

There were 11 fucking witnesses that backed his story up. Jesse didnt win this case based on it being proven false, they said it wasnt about whether it happened or not, it was about whether or not it was defamation. Though that in istelf is odd, since it shouldn't be defamation if its true, but from what im reading this is the case.

Last edited:
Whow, Ventura is blaming Kyle because people got sick of listening to him and he had to sue the widow, whow, just whow. I just wonder what the jury was thinking.

Chris Kyle, a former Navy SEAL, claimed in his book American Sniper that he punched Ventura at a SEAL bar in California in 2006
Kyle claimed on Fox News that Ventura, himself a former SEAL, had said the SEALs 'deserved to lose a few, over their behavior in Iraq
Kyle was murdered by a fellow veteran in February 2013
Ventura then sued Kyle's widow Taya Kyle, who inherited the $6million fortune made from the book

Read more: Jesse Ventura wins $1.8m defamation suit against Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

He came across as an egotistical braggart who couldn't quite disguise his love for the kill.

thats my impression as well. Sounds like a politician- cashing-in on gov't service. Makes me sick. If he was so hyper-patriotic, why didn't he put in 20 yrs :eusa_think: before getting out and shopping a book on Fox?

Forum List

Back