Jesus on Marriage...

Those aren't historical facts. There's absolutely zero evidence that any sort of agenda was applied when the word was transcribed the first time, or any subsequent time.

In fact, the Nicene council was comprised of a wide collection of scholars....of different backgrounds, religions, and nationalities. They did not share a single objective (and they certainly were not all conspirators to subject the world to a false interpretation of ancient text).

You also fail to address the fact that we STILL have 24000 pieces of ancient text....so if there was some sort of grand scheme to dupe the world, one wonders...why on earth hasn't it been exposed? In reality, I mean...not just in the musings of people who don't have a firm account of the history of the Bible.
None are so blind as those who refuse to see.

You've been given a shitload of links by many clearly explaining it. The King James bible is a translation >50 times removed from the original "Word", with clear history of a political leader's agenda involved in the mass translations.

What BS. You believe what you want to believe. You go ahead, but don't expect intelligent educated people to believe your BS or anyone elses.

The KJV does in fact have some problems in the translations. And competent Bible scholars, most especially those who had been trained in the Greek and Latin translations knew that. Subsequently we have had numerous and better (some worse) translations of the Bible from the older Greek and Latin texts. Some of the newer translation reflect the newer modern liberalism and again incorporate some of what the translators WANT the Bible to say rather than what the original texts say. The RSV for instance, was a very good translation as English translations go. The new RSV less so.

And these gender neutral and politically correct versions make me ill. I highly resent that women are seen as so frail and weak and incompetent that they are unable to read "mankind", the accurate translation, in its universal context, but have to have it made gender neutral to accommodate their fragile sensibilities. Grrrrr.

A reputable bible scholar knows there are good and bad translations available. To say that every translation available is bad is ignorance gone to seed.

A reputable bible scholar knows there are good and bad translations available. To say that every translation available is bad is ignorance gone to seed.

The only parts that are bad is where it Consistently Refers to Homosexuality as Sin and Abomination both in the Old and New Testaments. :thup:

:)

peace...

WE no longer follow the teaching of Christ anymore. We make our own rules and laws. Christianity is the most mis used religion in the world. we all know how GOD feels about discipline and homosexuality among other things but we chose to ignore them and take the advice of others and that will be the downfall of America and christianity.

I am a bible student and use many translations. KJV is the worse but the all teach basically the same. There is notihing bad about translation, but interpretations.

Those aren't historical facts. There's absolutely zero evidence that any sort of agenda was applied when the word was transcribed the first time, or any subsequent time.

In fact, the Nicene council was comprised of a wide collection of scholars....of different backgrounds, religions, and nationalities. They did not share a single objective (and they certainly were not all conspirators to subject the world to a false interpretation of ancient text).

You also fail to address the fact that we STILL have 24000 pieces of ancient text....so if there was some sort of grand scheme to dupe the world, one wonders...why on earth hasn't it been exposed? In reality, I mean...not just in the musings of people who don't have a firm account of the history of the Bible.

Because Homophobia is REAL!...

Or so Beleives a Linguist or two.

I shall call the Followers of this new Bible-less Religion The Linguinis.

peace...

Yes! Thus it shall be!

Seriously - that's perfect!

You've been given a shitload of links by many clearly explaining it. The King James bible is a translation >50 times removed from the original "Word", with clear history of a political leader's agenda involved in the mass translations.

What BS. You believe what you want to believe. You go ahead, but don't expect intelligent educated people to believe your BS or anyone elses.
Oh, I never expect anyone to believe me - I'm just a poster here. That's why I support what I say, or when I see support for what others say, I buy that.

It's just the way I roll.

Falls in the category of blind faith....

Yup.

And, for the record, I think the teachings of Christ are pretty awesome. What I can't stand is any lack of critical thought to much of anything. I have to wonder why any analysis of ANY religion is often viewed as an attack (or "accusation" - how bizarre was that?) on the religion.

It's just a simple analysis. Yet it invokes so much fear in some.

Odd.

Has anyone discussed this verse yet?

Jude, verse 7......."just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire."

NASV......New American Standard Version.

Yup.

And, for the record, I think the teachings of Christ are pretty awesome. What I can't stand is any lack of critical thought to much of anything. I have to wonder why any analysis of ANY religion is often viewed as an attack (or "accusation" - how bizarre was that?) on the religion.

Odd.

Some have no problem calling people "bigbots" for saying marriage is a man and a woman, yet would never accuse Jesus of being a bigot for saying marriage is a man and a woman. That is a problem.

Yup.

Odd.

Actually, Buddha encouraged people to question his teachings.

Now... I'm sure if you question a devout Tibetan Buddhist on the religious dogma affiliated with his or her religion, then you will probably receive a negative response. Of course the religious dogma was most likely a result of the Buddhists themselves and not the Buddha (who spoke very little if not at all on divinity or what have you), but... I digress.

Last edited:

Jude, verse 7......."just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire."

Yes, it was discussed more than once. Thank you for proving that you haven't read anyone's posts but your own, and perhaps mal-for-brains.

Yup.

Odd.

Because in many Instances... Like you see on this Thread from people like Ravi, it is simply an attack...

They know that Christians who Believe the Translations that are in EVERY Church in the Country are Accurate about Homosexuality are Emotionallly Involved in it and when someone Insistantly tries to Debunk it, over and over and over again yet spends NO time trying to Debunk other things in the Bible, it's Obvious what their Goal is.

Either Changing the Church or Agitating Christians who they can't Stand.

You will see Harsher Actions here Against Christians for not "Tolerating" Homosexuality than you will Islamists who Kill Homosexuals as a matter of Law in many ME Countries right here on this Messageboard.

It's Self-Evident.

peace...

Yes, it was discussed more than once. Thank you for proving that you haven't read anyone's posts but your own, and perhaps mal-for-brains.

^So under the Tubby One's Skin... :lol:

peace...

Forum List

Back