Jets Rookie Speaks at Extreme Anti-Israel Conference

Do you agree the NFL was not created & should never become an arena for politics? Shame on that American born Palestinian & those Americans who would support him.

How confusing. I think I understand the conflict though. It's ok for Americans to support Israel loudly and vocally even to having the flags intertwined but unpatriotic if they want to support Palestine and America.

Go figure :dunno:

Swing and a miss, once again.

I have no problem with an American who wants to advocate for the "Palestinian" people. I do have a problem with an American (or anyone else for that matter) who openly supports terrorist organizations. If you actually read the article, you would see that Mr. Oboushi has crossed this line several times. He has also supported individuals and organizations that have published extremely anti-Semitic materials.

Are you telling me that you can't tell the difference between supporting a nation and supporting terrorists and hate groups?

Actually, I read the article and found it was mostly based on "guilt by association" and innuendo by sources with quite a bias. In fact, it's interesting that you take it seriously given your usual aversion to those types of sources.

Perhaps you can show me direct statements from him advocating Israel's destruction.

US citizens can still be patriotic and support their homeland. Those are not mutually exclusive.

Where is the conflict?

The conflict is he supports a group that advocates the destruction of America and yet you call him a patriotic American. Of course you don't see a conflict.

What group does he specifically support? And, no, I have not called him a "patriotic American" - I don't have enough info and there is certainly little actual fact in the OP to draw many conclusions other than it has the credibility of Stormfront.

Pretty much.
Plus there is the fact a Muslim extremist wouldn't be a Pro football player in the US.

Last edited:
[Actually, I read the article and found it was mostly based on "guilt by association" and innuendo by sources with quite a bias. In fact, it's interesting that you take it seriously given your usual aversion to those types of sources.

Perhaps you can show me direct statements from him advocating Israel's destruction.

I reject your proposed standard of proof. I am not required to have direct quotes from his speech to evaluate his behavior.

Mr. Oboushi was a featured speaker at a conference sponsored by the "El-Bireh Palestine Society." This is an organization that (1) clearly advocates for the elimination of Israel, (2) has ties to Hamas, (3) champions terrorists, and (4) publishes anti-Semitic materials:

El-Bireh Palestine Society’s logo, found atop the organization’s website, contains a graphic of the entire nation of Israel covered in a Palestinian flag – a patent denial of Israel’s legitimacy and right to exist. Like Aboushi’s Nakba, images such as this fuel terrorism and hate abroad and potentially here at home as well. Worse still, the Facebook page for the conference – which is administered by the same individual who created the Society’s website, Ashraf Abed – is accompanied by horrifically anti-Semitic, anti-Christian and terrorist propaganda.

On the same El-Bireh Facebook site as the conference, there are contained different images of Hitler and rabid anti-Christian cleric Ahmed Deedat, who authored the infamous work CRUCIFIXION OR CRUCI-FICTION? There are terrorist memorials for Hamas leader Abdel Aziz al-Rantisi, PLO leader Yasser Arafat, Hamas founder Ahmed Yassin and Hamas bomb maker Yahya Ayyash. About Arafat and Yassin, the site states in Arabic, “The martyr leader Yasser Arafat with the Mujahid Sheikh Ahmed Yassin. G-d have mercy on them.”

People can be judged by the company they keep, and Mr. Aboushi aligns himself with some pretty deplorable people.

Then the people should not have voted for Hamas to be their leader who has said many times they want to wipe Israel off the map.

Elections are largely won on local issues - Hamas was seen as less corrupt and more able to handle domestic issues. Their foreign policy issues were not what the election was about.

If you want to know what the people think, why not ask them directly?

Indeed, Hamas won because Fatah sucks so bad.

Both of them want to wipe Israel off the map. Therein lies the dilemma for the people of Palestine.
As long as the people of Palestine have no choice other than these two parties, they will never have peace.

Elections are largely won on local issues - Hamas was seen as less corrupt and more able to handle domestic issues. Their foreign policy issues were not what the election was about.

If you want to know what the people think, why not ask them directly?

Both of them want to wipe Israel off the map. Therein lies the dilemma for the people of Palestine.
As long as the people of Palestine have no choice other than these two parties, they will never have peace.

And Israel is, in fact, wiping Palestine off the Map.

Do you have a point?

NY Jets Player Speaks at Extreme Anti-Israel Conference | FrontPage Magazine

Glad I'm not a Jets fan. I don't think I could pull for a team with someone like this on the roster. I have no problem with people expressing their views, but this crosses the line. And for a player in New York (the city with the largest Jewish population in the US), this guy is making bad choices of who to associate with.

Yeah! That story is crap.

http://elbireh.org/

A congressman was there along with a diplomat. It wasn't Muslim extremists. You should be proud of yourself.

People can be judged by the company they keep, and Mr. Aboushi aligns himself with some pretty deplorable people.
LOL, a radical zionist jew calling someone deplorable for their political stance is a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black. .. :cuckoo: :badgrin:

A congressman and a diplomat were at the conference which was held at the Marriott. Real hard core.

Do you have a point?

It's the leaders of the Gaza Strip that will not stop bombing the Israelis. They are always the ones who make the peace treaty's and then continue to break it and start the bombs again.
Israel is just defending themselves.

And there are Americans who support Israel.

Do you have a point?

I'm afraid any point would fly over your head, Iinman. You said he supports his country when inferring that he supports Palestine. It was mentioned that he was born in Brooklyn, which means he should be supporting America. The sad fact is that many hyphenated Americans support their country of origin rather than America. EG: blame America firsters like you.

Many US citizens join foreign military.

Where is the outrage.
Depends on the country he serves and some consequences, Tinmore.

Advice about Possible Loss of U.S. Citizenship and Foreign Military Service

Do you have a point?

It's the leaders of the Gaza Strip that will not stop bombing the Israelis. They are always the ones who make the peace treaty's and then continue to break it and start the bombs again.
Israel is just defending themselves.

I know very little about the situation, and you seem to know even less.
Israel isn't just defending themselves.

LOL, a radical zionist jew calling someone deplorable for their political stance is a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black. .. :cuckoo: :badgrin:

I am not at all radical. I am a typical American Jewish Zionist, and there are a lot more like me.

Better get used to it.

634939910252345234_screen%20shot%202013-01-16%20at%2010.44.10%20pm.png

aipac.gif

Last edited:

I am not at all radical. I am a typical American Jewish Zionist, and there are a lot more like me.

Better get used to it.

634939910252345234_screen%20shot%202013-01-16%20at%2010.44.10%20pm.png

aipac.gif

By your standards you are a Jewish extremist. Nice sig line.

Forum List

Back