Jimmy Carter In Hospice Care

Democrats are like that normally. Clinton Obama and Biden... Republicans are always sending in the 82nd airborne when they screw things up again in the chaos after one of their corrupt bubble and bust deregulation depressions lol.... I think Kennedy would have gotten us out of Vietnam.
Sorry, Carter was the last truly peaceful democrat.

"I'm not grandstanding here. The American Dream, a phrase the whole world understands, is a dream of freedom, of fair play and financial potential." - Jimmy Carter, 1st inaugural address

he was right, you know! Is there a similar expression for authoritarian countries? I don't recall anyone pining on the Russian, Chinese, or Somali Dream

"I'm not grandstanding here. The American Dream, a phrase the whole world understands, is a dream of freedom, of fair play and financial potential." - Jimmy Carter, 1st inaugural address

he was right, you know! Is there a similar expression for authoritarian countries? I don't recall anyone pining on the Russian, Chinese, or Somali Dream
and not one democrat of today would say, or even think, that.

Maybe the best post presidency ever. That does matter, and he deserves credit for that.

332493113_727332699098496_1871014359739841811_n.jpg

He was a good man, just a terrible president.

Anyone care to re read the thread topic and respond to it?
Please stay on topic going forward, thanks in advance.

Jimmy Carter has discontinued medical treatment and transitioned to in home hospice. Sounds like he doesn't have long.

Former US President Jimmy Carter will begin receiving hospice care, according to a statement from The Carter Center on Saturday.

“After a series of short hospital stays, former US President Jimmy Carter today decided to spend his remaining time at home with his family and receive hospice care instead of additional medical intervention. He has the full support of his family and his medical team,” the statement said.

Carter turned 98 years old last year.
I was just thinking today that even at 98 and in hospice care, Jimmy Carter is more mentally with it than Biden is.

Jimmy Carter is a humanitarian and a good man. Was just not a good President.

I disagree. First he managed the Three Mile Island disaster expertly. Nobody but him would or could stand in front of it and declare that it would not explode. Only Carter understood leadership in that way.

Second. When he entered office we were in the midst of the Energy Crisis. Most people blame him but it began under Nixon/Ford. When he left office the rationing was history.

Third. Nobody else would have risked the Rescue attempt. And before you say someone else would have. Nonsense. The plan was put together by the best people we had. Carter added an additional chopper for safety. Only our inexperience and the radical nature of the situation led to the failure.

Carter went with a plan crafted by Charlie Beckworth, a legend in the Army. You couldn’t ask for a better man to plan the operation. Bad luck was something you couldn’t plan for. It was risky, and the only thing short of an invasion that had any chance at success. And before you say Invasion! Remember that you would lose a thousand lives for each one you were trying to save.

IMO. Carter did as well as anyone could with what he had. He led by example. He didn’t just say you should turn the heat down. He turned it down himself.

I disagree. First he managed the Three Mile Island disaster expertly. Nobody but him would or could stand in front of it and declare that it would not explode. Only Carter understood leadership in that way.

Second. When he entered office we were in the midst of the Energy Crisis. Most people blame him but it began under Nixon/Ford. When he left office the rationing was history.

Third. Nobody else would have risked the Rescue attempt. And before you say someone else would have. Nonsense. The plan was put together by the best people we had. Carter added an additional chopper for safety. Only our inexperience and the radical nature of the situation led to the failure.

Carter went with a plan crafted by Charlie Beckworth, a legend in the Army. You couldn’t ask for a better man to plan the operation. Bad luck was something you couldn’t plan for. It was risky, and the only thing short of an invasion that had any chance at success. And before you say Invasion! Remember that you would lose a thousand lives for each one you were trying to save.

IMO. Carter did as well as anyone could with what he had. He led by example. He didn’t just say you should turn the heat down. He turned it down himself.
Quite wrong.

If you read the details of the hostage rescue mission you will see that it was umtimately a failure caysed by carter. Carter did not add any chopper Mondale did and it was not needed and enhanced no safety. Mondale was put in overall charge of it BY carter and micromanaged it placing unrealisatic restrictions on the plan which ended up being his and not Beckwith's ( the proper spelling of his name which shows you know nothiing about it ). Beckwith's plan stood a slightly better chance of success but even he knew the risks worked against him. It stood a better chance because it was much more violent involving airstrikes on certian targets and much more blood shed in the actual rescue

This was Mondale vetoed the plan and olace many unddeeded layers of beauracracy and control over the whole thing which ultimately caused the failure

Quite wrong.

If you read the details of the hostage rescue mission you will see that it was umtimately a failure caysed by carter. Carter did not add any chopper Mondale did and it was not needed and enhanced no safety. Mondale was put in overall charge of it BY carter and micromanaged it placing unrealisatic restrictions on the plan which ended up being his and not Beckwith's ( the proper spelling of his name which shows you know nothiing about it ). Beckwith's plan stood a slightly better chance of success but even he knew the risks worked against him. It stood a better chance because it was much more violent involving airstrikes on certian targets and much more blood shed in the actual rescue

This was Mondale vetoed the plan and olace many unddeeded layers of beauracracy and control over the whole thing which ultimately caused the failure

The US Military planned the attack and fucked it up royally

Carter took the blame

The US Military planned the attack and fucked it up royally

Carter took the blame
It was not an attack. Their plan was shelved by Mondal who made a mess of it. You cannot plan such a mission without allowing for violence. The most violent deadly plans work better and that is what Carter wanted to avoid. He actually directed the military to avoid kllling iranians at any cost

You are simply wrong.

I'll give Carteer credit for taking the blame but it absolutely was not on the military

It was not an attack. Their plan was shelved by Mondal who made a mess of it. You cannot plan such a mission without allowing for violence. The most violent deadly plans work better and that is what Carter wanted to avoid. He actually directed the military to avoid kllling iranians at any cost

You are simply wrong.

I'll give Carteer credit for taking the blame but it absolutely was not on the military
The military planned the rescue and fucked up Big League

Carter took the blame

The military planned the rescue and fucked up Big League

Carter took the blame
Repeating yourself proves nothing.

You are wrong the military was deliberately handicapped and placed in a no win situation by Carter.

he fucked up those are facts and you are ignorant of history

Forum List

Back