Jimmy Carter In Hospice Care

Repeating yourself proves nothing.

You are wrong the military was deliberately handicapped and placed in a no win situation by Carter.

he fucked up those are facts and you are ignorant of history
Carter was not capable of planning a Hostage Rescue

The Military gave him a plan and Fucked Up Big League

Carter was not capable of planning a Hostage Rescue

The Military gave him a plan and Fucked Up Big League
True he was not but in his arrogance he thought that he was

He threw out their plan and crafted his own which Was THE fck up bhe had to take responsibility because it was squarely on him

He was a piece of shit who overestimated his own ability and made a mess of the whole thing

He threw out their plan and crafted his own which Was THE fck up bhe had to take responsibility because it was squarely on him

He was a piece of shit who overestimated his own ability and made a mess of the whole thing
You are making shit up

Quite wrong.

If you read the details of the hostage rescue mission you will see that it was umtimately a failure caysed by carter. Carter did not add any chopper Mondale did and it was not needed and enhanced no safety. Mondale was put in overall charge of it BY carter and micromanaged it placing unrealisatic restrictions on the plan which ended up being his and not Beckwith's ( the proper spelling of his name which shows you know nothiing about it ). Beckwith's plan stood a slightly better chance of success but even he knew the risks worked against him. It stood a better chance because it was much more violent involving airstrikes on certian targets and much more blood shed in the actual rescue

This was Mondale vetoed the plan and olace many unddeeded layers of beauracracy and control over the whole thing which ultimately caused the failure

Curious. I was at Fort Bragg and read my first book on the subject. I’ve read a couple more that covered it. I’ve even trained at the MOUT City that was constructed for Delta to train at for the mission. I watched a documentary just last year called Desert One that had interviews with the people involved who remained, and those knowledgeable on the issues for those who had passed away.

None of them tell the story you tell.

Now it is possible that the books and documentaries are wrong. A distinct possibility. Historical inaccuracy is common. As one example, the fiction that the Japanese had stored munitions on the decks of their carriers at Midway. We now know it didn’t happen.

However I find it curious that I can’t find any articles online mentioning the Mondale points you claim.

The histories I’ve read seem to indicate an instant like between the two Georgia boys, Carter and Beckworth.

However, none of what you posted changes the simple fact. There was a minimum number of helicopters required and when the mission dropped below that number, it was scrubbed.

Often there is much you don’t know about an area before you get there. The Haboob that caused problems with the helicopters was unknown. In my own experience the mud flats we discovered in Saudi Arabia. These things had a thin brittle top and mud under it the consistency of tile grout. It was almost impossible to drive over it. Walking was tricky enough. We just didn’t know and found out through trial and error. A lot of error.

Jimmy Carter is not an arrogant man fuckup.

Forum List

Back