Jimmy Carter: "Leave Gay Marriage To States To Decide" (Right On Jimmy!)

When same sex marriage is legalized, it is legal for all. Gays don't get anything that other Americans don't have .

I've said many times that all it would take is if, tomorrow, it was announced that a polygamy group was suing a state for rights to marry.

The GOP would win every race on Tuesday. That's how shocking that de facto reality would be to the public right at this precise moment.

Allow attrition to occur for another year or two and a numb/mollified/defeated/jaded public just won't care..

well said and right on

Liberals talking about government staying out of our lives is just comical. And look what he's arguing. If gays can't go to government, demand recognition of their union and validation of their screwing their own sex and tax breaks and other perks, then government isn't leaving them alone. Government leaving them alone isn't government leaving them alone, government giving them things because they demand it is leaving them alone. Government not paying for your birth control and abortions is government prohibiting you from getting birth control and abortions. Only from the mouth of a liberal. They are not logical, they are not bright.

Says the civilly married man who needed the validation of legal civil marriage.

Logic has nothing to do with your emotions, sweet heart. Ironic you're the one who tells me to tread on my wife like mud in my shoe when you're the one who wants the courts to make life fair.

No actually I don't. What I've said, oh reluctant hypocrite, is that instead of asking gays so contemptuously why they "need government validation" through civil marriage, you should instead ask your question closer to home.

All I told you is to do it the legitimate way, through the legislature, not through self appointed dictators.

And you don't know what a hypocrite is. My values are that my wife's feelings are more important to me than my political views. I've told you that repeatedly, and you don't grasp it. I'm not a "reluctant hypocrite." I'm not a hypocrite. Sorry, sweetie.

Right...the wife who needs the government validation makes you stay civilly married even though you HATE HATE HATE it.

What do gays have that you don't have?

Non sequitur
Dodge

It's a clown question, bro.

Anything related to the topic? BTW, you complaining about anyone else not answering a question is classic. You never do.

Its your question whether it is clown or not

That has nothing to do with gay marriage where liberals want gays to have something that other Americans don't have.

What don't other Americans have?

Is that what you were trying to ask? You screwed it up. They want to be able to marry people of the same sex. I can't do that, no one can. That's why it's a matter for the legislature, not self appointed dictators in robes.
Of course you can. If, some day in the future, you catch the ghey, you will be allowed to marry the man of your dreams
Your choices have just doubled

Right...the wife who needs the government validation makes you stay civilly married even though you HATE HATE HATE it.

Oh yeah, that would be effective. My wife knows my feelings about government and government marriage. She knows I would legally divorce and live together. She doesn't care. She isn't bothered by my views, but she isn't going to agree to it and she knows I'm not going to make her.

Seriously, be honest. You are a guy who has never dated a woman, aren't you? You know NOTHING about women and you endlessly feel the need to demonstrate that.

Anything related to the topic? BTW, you complaining about anyone else not answering a question is classic. You never do.

That has nothing to do with gay marriage where liberals want gays to have something that other Americans don't have.

Is that what you were trying to ask? You screwed it up. They want to be able to marry people of the same sex. I can't do that, no one can. That's why it's a matter for the legislature, not self appointed dictators in robes.
Of course you can. If, some day in the future, you catch the ghey, you will be allowed to marry the man of your dreams

Playground answers are so ... you ...

[How is being able to marry the person you love "special treatment"??

Give me an example of another law that changes based on what you want.

I fish, I don't hunt, so they have to let me fish during hunting season, I don't want to hunt. What other law works like that?
The law is changing to comply with the constitution.

Just like those laws that were changed for those who "wanted" to marry someone of a different race

Playground answers are so ... you ...
You are now allowed to marry anyone you want. Just like a homosexual. Equal treatment under the law

I fish, I don't hunt, so they have to let me fish during hunting season, I don't want to hunt. What other law works like that?

Just like those laws that were changed for those who "wanted" to marry someone of a different race

The Constitution you say was written by the founding fathers you say were Marxists who bought all the government they could afford? What you know about the Constitution could be written by a toddler with a crayon on the head of a pin.

You are now allowed to marry anyone you want. Just like a homosexual. Equal treatment under the law

That isn't your standard though. You don't allow polygamists, to marry "anyone" they "want." You don't let a narcissist marry "anyone" they "want." You don't let people who don't want to get married marry "anyone" they "want." You only allow people who want to marry as you approve to marry "anyone" they "want." Here's the thing, when you allow other people to decide what they want, then they get to pick what they want, not you.

The Constitution you say was written by the founding fathers you say were Marxists who bought all the government they could afford? What you know about the Constitution could be written by a toddler with a crayon on the head of a pin.
Marxists?

Do you have any idea what you are babbling about?

Marriage is man woman, marriage is two people. Tom -ay- to, tom -ah- to. You don't actually let people do that, you only picked another arbitrary standard. Get off your high horse, you are no different than they are. You just drew a different line.

Marxists?

Do you have any idea what you are babbling about?

Yes, I'm referring to your endless arguments the founding fathers were Marxists.

That isn't your standard though. You don't allow polygamists, to marry "anyone" they "want." You don't let a narcissist marry "anyone" they "want." You don't let people who don't want to get married marry "anyone" they "want." You only allow people who want to marry as you approve to marry "anyone" they "want." Here's the thing, when you allow other people to decide what they want, then they get to pick what they want, not you.
If polygamists get plural marriage legalized they can marry anyone they want. That is what gays had to do

Do you even understand what a narcissist is? You want someone to marry themselves?

Oh yeah, that would be effective. My wife knows my feelings about government and government marriage. She knows I would legally divorce and live together. She doesn't care. She isn't bothered by my views, but she isn't going to agree to it and she knows I'm not going to make her.

Seriously, be honest. You are a guy who has never dated a woman, aren't you? You know NOTHING about women and you endlessly feel the need to demonstrate that.

She knows how contemptuously you view it or do you reserve that just for gays?

If polygamists get plural marriage legalized they can marry anyone they want. That is what gays had to do

Do you even understand what a narcissist is? You want someone to marry themselves?
The polygamists ALREADY HAVE LEGAL MARRIAGE. Marriage laws defining marriage as between a man and a woman are dead now....dead in limbo. Any consenting adult may marry today. "a/a" is now no more sacred than man/woman.

Go ahead polygamists! I dare county clerks to deny you. You could sue the crap out of that county/state. Today.

That isn't my standard, it was yours, you said people should be able to marry anyone they want. But you don't believe that, you lied. That is what I'm pointing out.

That isn't my standard, it was yours, you said people should be able to marry anyone they want. But you don't believe that, you lied. That is what I'm pointing out.
Good god

Do you even read what you post?
Keep in mind that the rest of us have to

kaz said:

Strawman. I didn't say contempt. And every time you say it I say ask the question without being a dick about it and putting words in my mouth if you expect an answer. Though I've already addressed that repeatedly. Even in this conversation.

Good god

Do you even read what you post?
Keep in mind that the rest of us have to

What is wrong with you? Seriously?

You said people should be able to marry "anyone" they want. Now you're saying they can't.

And so far you haven't established you can read, in fact there is extensive counter information.

kaz said:

Strawman. I didn't say contempt. And every time you say it I say ask the question without being a dick about it and putting words in my mouth if you expect an answer. Though I've already addressed that repeatedly. Even in this conversation.

The contempt is obvious when you ask why gays need "government validation". Ask closer to home.

Forum List

Back