JOBS: The Killer Question Republicans Couldn't Answer Tuesday Night

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Tuesday night's Republican debate was devoid of flashy moments. Nobody said anything particularly embarrassing. Nobody said anything particularly memorable. Even Donald Trump failed to stand out.

But the debate did have one moment that may loom large when the voters cast ballots a year from now. It was a question to Carly Fiorina from moderator Gerard Baker, the editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal. Here's the critical part:

...in seven years under President Obama, the U.S. has added an average of 107,000 jobs a month. Under President Clinton, the economy added about 240,000 jobs a month. Under George W. Bush, it was only 13,000 a month. If you win the nomination, you'll probably be facing a Democrat named Clinton. How are you going to respond to the claim that Democratic presidents are better at creating jobs than Republicans?
The question was arguably harsher than anything from the infamous CNBC debate that Republicans and their supporters found so offensive. And that’s because it called into question not just a single Republican argument, but a basic premise of the party's case for taking over the White House.

More: The Killer Question Republicans Couldn't Answer Tuesday Night

Where are all those Republican JOBS - now and in the future? They ain't got a clue! They can't govern! Just bash Obama!

gop-jobs-TS_n.jpg

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Obama has faced nothing but obstruction from Republicans since he was sworn in! So what are Republicans trying to say now - we won't obstruct if voters give us a Republican president? Is that any way to govern for the American people? No, it is not. Putting party before country is not what the founding fathers intended.

Last edited:
Yeah, but you left out Carly's BRILLIANT response!

Carly Fiorina said:
"Yes, problems have gotten much worse under Democrats."

....and that's it. Yep. That was her answer to the question. Wow.

I'm willing to bet a dollar that you didn't ACTUALLY watch the debate ... but rather, are drinking from the kool-aid fountain at the Huffington Post.

There were numerous examples of ways to increase job growth - apparently, your reporter wasn't smart enough to understand them.

I, for one, apologize for them not making it simplistic enough for the leftist mind to understand. If you like, I'll be happy to explain each and every one of them to you. (I'm good with small words)

I wish Republicans would give Americans an honest and credible answer as to why they have refused to pass Obama's American Jobs Act. Hell, they refused to pass ANY of it.

XXXXX -- Flame Reduction Act --- FCT

Your typically mindless and dishonestly premised OP is devoid of any shred of honesty truth or wit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm willing to bet a dollar that you didn't ACTUALLY watch the debate ... but rather, are drinking from the kool-aid fountain at the Huffington Post.

There were numerous examples of ways to increase job growth - apparently, your reporter wasn't smart enough to understand them.

I, for one, apologize for them not making it simplistic enough for the leftist mind to understand. If you like, I'll be happy to explain each and every one of them to you. (I'm good with small words)

I watched and listened to every minute of the debate, with headphones, while also following the debate thread I created.

Carly is an Open Borders, Cheap Labor Piece of Shit.
Her entire campaign is focused on Hillary.

I watched and listened to every minute of the debate, with headphones, while also following the debate thread I created.

Then, maybe, you should have paid closer attention.

Want the tutorial, or just want to sit and whine?

I dunno about that "open borders" thing. Cheap labor is another term for employment.

And focusing on the probable opponent in the general election is not really such a bad idea.

Too many people doing Internet research.
Almost everybody I know sees Fiorina's tactic for what it is.

I dunno about that "open borders" thing. Cheap labor is another term for employment.

And focusing on the probable opponent in the general election is not really such a bad idea.

As a practical matter, EVERY candidate in EACH of the TWO main American political Parties (for present purposes I will even pretend that Bernie is a Democratic) is espousing rhetoric as a tactic.

If you don't see that, then you are not very observant.

As a practical matter, EVERY candidate in EACH of the TWO main American political Parties (for present purposes I will even pretend that Bernie is a Democratic) is espousing rhetoric as a tactic.

If you don't see that, then you are not very observant.

Anyone who does 5 minutes of research knows Carly has ZERO achievements

So, the Dems have been in charge for 6 years and the UE rate is the highest it's been in decades and the Republicans need to explain how their going to fix it?

Well, please share your wisdom with us about how any of the candidates provided a "credible" plan to create JOBS - other than the same old NaziCon bullshit of smaller government, lower taxes and fewer regulations.

Well, please share your wisdom with us about how any of the candidates provided a "credible" plan to create JOBS - other than the same old NaziCon bullshit of smaller government, lower taxes and fewer regulations.
Oh you mean the plan that actually has created jobs? As opposed to the old Democrat bullshit plan of more infrastructure and higher spending.

So, the Dems have been in charge for 6 years and the UE rate is the highest it's been in decades and the Republicans need to explain how their going to fix it?

The Legislation concerning Illegal Immigration and Business Visas is bipartisan.
Now they're just trying to point the finger at the other.

Oh you mean the plan that actually has created jobs? As opposed to the old Democrat bullshit plan of more infrastructure and higher spending.

You have more people working at your local McDonald's?
Great!

Forum List

Back