Jodi Arias Penalty

Just interesting:

Before the latest DSM:

Borderline Personality Disorder as a Female Phenotypic Expression of Psychopathy?

….results indicate that BPD and psychopathy share a significant constellation of traits in women—potentially more so than in men—and, accordingly, that the two disorders may reflect gender-differentiated phenotypic expressions of similar dispositional vulnerabilities. While we acknowledge that the two disorders are likely not identical (given different symptom clusters in BPD and psychopathy, such as self-harm vs. chronic antisociality/violence, respectively), the current findings support the idea of a BPD-variant of psychopathy in women, reminiscent of the secondary psychopathic variant validated decades ago in men (lKarpman, 1941). In view of this, our results raise questions about phenotypic heterogeneity of psychopathy across genders and have several implications for the “antisocial/psychopathic” and “borderline” personality types in the proposed DSM-5.

Borderline Personality Disorder as a Female Phenotypic Expression of Psychopathy?
http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=buy.optionToBuy&id=2011-13437-001

BPD & DSM

BPD & DSM | Psychology Today

Being a chick magnet, I knew that.:eusa_angel:

Just interesting:

Before the latest DSM:

….results indicate that BPD and psychopathy share a significant constellation of traits in women—potentially more so than in men—and, accordingly, that the two disorders may reflect gender-differentiated phenotypic expressions of similar dispositional vulnerabilities. While we acknowledge that the two disorders are likely not identical (given different symptom clusters in BPD and psychopathy, such as self-harm vs. chronic antisociality/violence, respectively), the current findings support the idea of a BPD-variant of psychopathy in women, reminiscent of the secondary psychopathic variant validated decades ago in men (lKarpman, 1941). In view of this, our results raise questions about phenotypic heterogeneity of psychopathy across genders and have several implications for the “antisocial/psychopathic” and “borderline” personality types in the proposed DSM-5.

BPD & DSM

Being a chick magnet, I knew that.:eusa_angel:

So, um, begs the question: chick magnet or psycho magnet? :eek:

Just interesting:

Before the latest DSM:

BPD & DSM

I agree...women are much more psycho than men:eusa_angel:

Just interesting:

Before the latest DSM:

BPD & DSM

I agree...women are much more psycho than men:eusa_angel:

<eyeroll>

Don't make me get my psycho out on your Troy ;-)

2nd dp juries is a relatively new thing.... see link below, it's ducking fumb and not fair to let the state have two shots at it. The new jury has to sentence based on an abbreviated trial, like reading the cliff notes and then determing life or death sentencing. It used to be if the first didnt vote dp, it went straight to lwop, that makes much more sense.

Imo 2nd jury opens the door for appeal, it's a waste of time and money.

Please translate the Tabletese.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/26/national/26sentence.html?_r=0

I can see why a 2nd shot at the DP would be allowed, BUT I also see why it'd be a problem.

It needs to be rewritten to say no new evidence, no new witnesses, and no change in strategy is allowed if a second jury is going to get to hear the case. It needs to be kept 'cut and dry'; facts only that have been proven. That alone would cut down on then cases that actually get to have a second jury.

The second shot at the death penalty just seems to scream out for appeals and more appeals.

Last edited:
2nd dp juries is a relatively new thing.... see link below, it's ducking fumb and not fair to let the state have two shots at it. The new jury has to sentence based on an abbreviated trial, like reading the cliff notes and then determing life or death sentencing. It used to be if the first didnt vote dp, it went straight to lwop, that makes much more sense.

I can see why a 2nd shot at the DP would be allowed, BUT I also see why it'd be a problem.

It needs to be rewritten to say no new evidence, no new witnesses, and no change in strategy is allowed if a second jury is going to get to hear the case. It needs to be kept 'cut and dry'; facts only that have been proven. That alone would cut down on then cases that actually get to have a second jury.

LOL just play them the you tube videos hahah.

Hi ITC!

I thought this was interesting. The left is a list of jobs that attract psychopaths the right is a list of jobs that attracts the least amount of psychopaths http://www.bakadesuyo.com/wp-conten...76xpsychopath.jpg.pagespeed.ic.rPJvTXUqRk.jpg

Tink, how is it that politicians didn't make that list (on the plus chart)?

No idea but that's a good point. Well it does have civil servant on there so isn't that a politician?

I thought about that, but usually civil servants are police and fire, etc, right?

The family will hear less about her if she doesn't pass go and is sent directly to jail (prison), rather than sitting through a dog and pony show again, but that's only my opinion.

Oh.... Snookie, you had to pull the crime of passion card which leaves us no choice but to beat you with the premeditation card.

You can't crime of passion if you planned it and threw the crime of passion in for an 11th hour Hail Mary. That just gets you M1, lost appeal and lwop or needle.

Last edited:
I'll settle it: Passionately Premeditated. Now everyone wins.

No idea but that's a good point. Well it does have civil servant on there so isn't that a politician?

I thought about that, but usually civil servants are police and fire, etc, right?

Well I think its an all encompassing title and they did list police separately. Who knows.

It's kind of funny to think about politicians as "servants" to anyone, but their own egos and wallets, lol.

Hi ITC!

I thought this was interesting. The left is a list of jobs that attract psychopaths the right is a list of jobs that attracts the least amount of psychopaths http://www.bakadesuyo.com/wp-conten...76xpsychopath.jpg.pagespeed.ic.rPJvTXUqRk.jpg

Also, they have doctors on one side and surgeons on the other. Weird! Surgeons are doctors, just a specialization. I don't understand why they split it.

Also, they have doctors on one side and surgeons on the other. Weird! Surgeons are doctors, just a specialization. I don't understand why they split it.

Surgeons have less contact with patients and are catered to by support staff in the OR. I don't know if they are more likely to be psychopaths, but their bedside manner probably leaves much to be desired.

Actually, I was going to put in my post that since they have the entire trial taped, they can just lock them in a room and play it for them. No need to have either side pull a fast one on the other. LOL

Actually, I was going to put in my post that since they have the entire trial taped, they can just lock them in a room and play it for them. No need to have either side pull a fast one on the other. LOL

18 freakin' days...

Forum List

Back