Jodi Arias Penalty

A friend of mine said that for this trial it felt like a premeditated crime of passion but that doesn't exist.

Well she was full of rage. I think she let loose all of what was pent up way before Alexander.

Premeditated and crime of passion are opposites. Premeditated is when I was pissed at my DH this morning and planned all day how to off him for it when he got home, crime of passion is I killed him when I was in the throws of pissed this morning. The chasm between those is as huge as M1 and manslaughter.

That's all hypothetical, of course. lol

I'm not disputing the legal definition. Just saying that she planned the murder and released rage. I wasn't advocating that the crime could be considered a lesser charge.

I don't think she was necessarily sad about the break-up. I think she was pissed that she didn't have the chance to fully move on, first, and Jodi Arias does not want anyone saying anything bad about her, even if true.

Here's an example, remember the reporter asking her if she said she's sorry and you thinking her tweet was in response to that? - I totally agree with that by the way. I think she had been sitting in that cell for 4 days with that reporter and that question stuck in her socio craw and eating at her until she could set it straight and quote herself. So for 4 days she "premeditated" her response, and I'll be my bottom rep if he had walked in her cell rather than her tweeting it, she would have told him and quoted it to him with "passion", her snidely little, gotcha! way. Same thing, much smaller scale.

It's funny how she also said she would never kill anyone again as long as she wasn't attacked, or something to that effect. She gave herself away that she is very capable of doing this again.

I didn't think you were, but it could be the cold medicine is making me miss things and elaborate too much. :)

I didn't think you were, but it could be the cold medicine is making me miss things and elaborate too much. :)

Cough medicine :booze:*

* I hope you know this is a joke and not intended to be offensive.

Last edited:
How so? This was a very calculated murder.

Don't misunderstand me I believe this is a premeditated murder but it just doesn't fit what I typically thought when I thought of premed because of all the rage in the act.

I know what you're saying and what you're getting at. Go back to the last page and read the definition of why "crime of passion" would be argued, if you stab someone in the heat of it, you could argue that to try to get some leniency, but if you go away and come back and do it, it's premeditated because you THOUGHT, even if you had 3 minutes to think of it, it's premeditated. This went a heck of a lot farther than a minute to "think" for pre and post meditation and I'm sure she was enraged. She was probably screaming her head off at him that she was the worst thing that ever happened to him huh? So in layman's terms this entire thing was a crime of passion, but the actual definition of crime of passion is if in that second without thought you kill. That's why I said actual "crime of passion" by definition and "premeditation" are opposites. Chicken or tiger.

If it's a "love" or close kind of murder, more times than not and in more cases, there is going to be rage. But that has nothing to do with premeditation or how long it was premeditated or calculation. You can totally think something and plan it out and then be enraged when you carry out the act. She had all those little things stuck in her socio craw and all that time before she did it to get good and worked up for that stabbing moment.
I know what you mean. I have always said this was premeditated.

Well she was full of rage. I think she let loose all of what was pent up way before Alexander.

Premeditated and crime of passion are opposites. Premeditated is when I was pissed at my DH this morning and planned all day how to off him for it when he got home, crime of passion is I killed him when I was in the throws of pissed this morning. The chasm between those is as huge as M1 and manslaughter.

I'm not disputing the legal definition. Just saying that she planned the murder and released rage. I wasn't advocating that the crime could be considered a lesser charge.

Yes exactly I wasn't either

Here's an example, remember the reporter asking her if she said she's sorry and you thinking her tweet was in response to that? - I totally agree with that by the way. I think she had been sitting in that cell for 4 days with that reporter and that question stuck in her socio craw and eating at her until she could set it straight and quote herself. So for 4 days she "premeditated" her response, and I'll be my bottom rep if he had walked in her cell rather than her tweeting it, she would have told him and quoted it to him with "passion", her snidely little, gotcha! way. Same thing, much smaller scale.

It's funny how she also said she would never kill anyone again as long as she wasn't attacked, or something to that effect. She gave herself away that she is very capable of doing this again.

I agree with you but I also think that was her way of throwing in her dig and saying she was defending herself.

I totally agree, every time she opens her mouth or her Twitter with one of those little "corrections" or "calculations" she gives herself away. She's her own worst enemy.

I absolutely believe she would do it again and actually, I wonder what the deal was with the 9 mil in the car and the knives in the packing boxes.

Where was she going with those? Hmmmm?

I agree with you but I also think that was her way of throwing in her dig and saying she was defending herself.

Very weird to be so snarky about a death.

Yes exactly I wasn't either

I know, I know what you guys think, I was arguing with myself and the :booze:

This was me this morning:
Me: I JUST WANT TO TALK TO A PERSON!!!!!!!!!!
BofA Automated Guy: Let me see if I can get someone to help us.
Me: US? Who the hell is us? You're a stupid machine! There's no US.
DH: Are you fighting with the automated phone guy again?

I totally agree, every time she opens her mouth or her Twitter with one of those little "corrections" or "calculations" she gives herself away. She's her own worst enemy.

I absolutely believe she would do it again and actually, I wonder what the deal was with the 9 mil in the car and the knives in the packing boxes.

I never knew what to make of that. Who buys a gun and knives after being so traumatized from killing someone with the same weapons that you lose hour upon hour of time to a fog? You'd think it would be the last thing you would want.

Last edited:

I never knew what to make of that. Who buys a gun and knives after being so traumatized from killing someone with the same weapons that you lose hour upon hour of time to a fog? You'd think it would be the last thing you would want.

Things that make you go, hmmmmm, JoJo, who's the lucky person you're headed off to see next with your gun and knives? You on a socio killing roll?

I hope that one day her sister or brother write a book, with the truth, about her. That would be interesting.

Well I was going to play devils advocate and say she claims she was in fear for her life so maybe this was her needing to protect herself but then I remembered she hadn't come up with that story yet.

I hope that one day her sister or brother write a book, with the truth, about her. That would be interesting.

I heard something, something, her brother Joey Arias answered a question about her on his FB (open wall) account a couple days ago. Something like why she made the tape. But I haven't gone and checked it out.

Forum List

Back