Jodi Arias Penalty

Looks like that may have been taken down. That's using better judgement.

I keep trying to find a discussion in other threads and then I turn back, because it is so nasty. I'm sorry to say this, but two steps in and most of them look like ad hominem attacks. People are talking at each other not with each other. Oh well. If I feel like I need to blow off steam, I know where to find an argument where I can call people names and whatnot. Sigh.

"Have you seen my bent finger?" is still hot, at the top of the charts. That's so funny. I wonder if drstevej TM-ed it.

Last thing. I hadn't seen this.

JODI TOLD A REPORTER SHE FELT BETRAYED BY THE JURY -- REACTION?

Diane Schwartz:

My general response is, "I'm sorry Jodi", but of course, I'm really not sorry.*** We held up our part of the bargain.* We showed up every day and we did our job.* Nearly six months and there was not one day that a juror was even late.** I filled up eight notebooks and took 476 pages worth of notes.* Jodi Arias raised her hand and swore to tell the truth, and all we really got from her were lies meant to manipulate us.* She tried to use us and that did her no good at all.* I don't think any of us liked Jodi Arias, but some did have compassion for her.* Their personal perception guided them in the direction of compassion.** Jodi Arias was too much of liar for me to feel compassion for her.* For me, the longer she sat on the witness stand, the less believable she became.** I not only listened to her, but I followed her mannerisms.* Her rambling really got to me.** I never felt like I was getting the real story.*** I felt like I was getting played.*** One moment she has recollection of the most minute detail, and then when it comes to the stabbing, the fog sets in and she has zero recollection. *

Verdict day: Arias juror considered not showing up | HLNtv.com

She adds that there was no animosity between jurors and that they all remain friends.

I keep trying to find a discussion in other threads and then I turn back, because it is so nasty. I'm sorry to say this, but two steps in and most of them look like ad hominem attacks. People are talking at each other not with each other. Oh well. If I feel like I need to blow off steam, I know where to find an argument where I can call people names and whatnot. Sigh.

is there really that much to discuss anymore

maybe the second jury selection

which i find weird

which i find weird

I was referring to other misc threads. But no, there isn't much to discuss. I just really like a few of the people I met through this case. I also think seating a second jury is strange, but apparently that's how they roll in AZ. I wonder if doing so is unique to AZ or if other states do the same. "Justice" is random depending on where you live or where you commit a crime, it seems.

The juror forgot to cap The Fog.

OT: Michael Peterson of the 5 month - "wife fell down the stairs" M1 conviction trial, got a retrial and is free until retrial.

What's the deal with the Petersons anyhow? Don't marry a guy whose last name is Peterson.

Michael's attorneys came up with an Owl theory. The owl did it. Owl, ninjas. Whatever.

Last edited:

OT: Michael Peterson of the 5 month - "wife fell down the stairs" M1 conviction trial, got a retrial and is free until retrial.

What's the deal with the Petersons anyhow? Don't marry a guy whose last name is Peterson.

Michael's attorneys came up with an Owl theory. The owl did it. Owl, ninjas. Whatever.

I think there are Petersons and Petersens.
At any rate, THAT Peterson is creepy. But I thought that there were no skull fractures even though there were lacerations on the back of her head? I got bored and missed the owl portion. Are you kidding me?

The juror mentioned the fog without referring to it by name.
Actually, she did mention it by name, lol.

Last edited:
What are the odds of having two people die falling down the stairs on your watch? Very peculiar. Neither of them were elderly, which I suppose might have increased those odds.

Are you going to watch the Sneiderman (sp?) case? I caught part of her BF's trial and she came across as smug. Don't know about guilt or innocence though.

Last edited:

I was thinking the same thing...if his name is Peterson...RUN!!

which i find weird

I was referring to other misc threads. But no, there isn't much to discuss. I just really like a few of the people I met through this case. I also think seating a second jury is strange, but apparently that's how they roll in AZ. I wonder if doing so is unique to AZ or if other states do the same. "Justice" is random depending on where you live or where you commit a crime, it seems.

from what i heard one other state has the second jury option

which i find weird

2nd dp juries is a relatively new thing.... see link below, it's ducking fumb and not fair to let the state have two shots at it. The new jury has to sentence based on an abbreviated trial, like reading the cliff notes and then determing life or death sentencing. It used to be if the first didnt vote dp, it went straight to lwop, that makes much more sense.

Imo 2nd jury opens the door for appeal, it's a waste of time and money.

Please translate the Tabletese.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/26/national/26sentence.html?_r=0

2nd dp juries is a relatively new thing.... see link below, it's ducking fumb and not fair to let the state have two shots at it. The new jury has to sentence based on an abbreviated trial, like reading the cliff notes and then determing life or death sentencing. It used to be if the first didnt vote dp, it went straight to lwop, that makes much more sense.

seems like that is drifting away from justice

and getting closer to jury shopping for the wanted outcome

I wasn't done yet, hunting and pecking on a tablet is annoying so, yes, I quoted myself.

Anyhow, I'm a needler, but penalty should err on the side of life not death. It makes total sense for trial, aggravation phase, then a penalty phase - that' is ample opportunity to hear any and everything and decide on a dp. If they can't unanimous after all that, that's it, call it a day, it's done. To get an abbreviated "do-over" on death with a new jury getting different/abridged evidence/testimony is plain not fair and stupid.

Damn the gubbamint anyhow. Bunch of idiots going around and around in a circle.

Forum List

Back