Jodi Arias Penalty

Well, looking at it on a positive note. We probably werent going to hear from Jodi until tomorrow anyway. So all we really miss is a sealed testimony from womack and a quick Brewer testimony. At least now, all the bs has been removed....there is absolutely nothing left but Jodi now. If those other two witnesses had got up, who knows what games would have been played.

Nurmi wanted the motion held in open court.

The motion was heard, the specifics weren't a necessary part of the motion (and some that came AFTER the motion!)

Those specifics were important. That was the prosecutor's argument as to why the witness chose not to testify rather than the intimidation claims. The judge was making a decision on a mistrial motion. The defense wanted it in open court. The defense threw that witness under the bus.

JM's speculation about what PW may or may not have testified to, was just that speculation, and should not have been allowed in open court...the motion had already been ruled on then, so totally irrelevant!

JM could also have chosen to make his oppose the motion, without going into the specifics, as he did----she hasn't been convicted, innocent until proven guilty and all that...(and the judge should have disallowed IMO)

Well, looking at it on a positive note. We probably werent going to hear from Jodi until tomorrow anyway. So all we really miss is a sealed testimony from womack and a quick Brewer testimony. At least now, all the bs has been removed....there is absolutely nothing left but Jodi now. If those other two witnesses had got up, who knows what games would have been played.

I still wonder why Brewer dropped out.

So Womack pleads the 5th when all she is is a character witness? Now that is some funny stuff right there. What...saying that Jodi was a good kid when she knew her could incriminate herself? Maybe those two werent so good when they knew each other...lol.

She was pleading the 5th to specific questions JM was posing.....about pending charges , and apparently some income from pics (JA pics? I dunno) that she may not have declared

(this place is hard to navigate!)

Oh...so she was only pleading the 5th to certain things? Not everything in general. To me it didnt look like Juan could ask anything and she basically walked out with nurmi and wilmott and that was it.

The motion was heard, the specifics weren't a necessary part of the motion (and some that came AFTER the motion!)

Those specifics were important. That was the prosecutor's argument as to why the witness chose not to testify rather than the intimidation claims. The judge was making a decision on a mistrial motion. The defense wanted it in open court. The defense threw that witness under the bus.

JM's speculation about what PW may or may not have testified to, was just that speculation, and should not have been allowed in open court...the motion had already been ruled on then, so totally irrelevant!

JM could also have chosen to make his oppose the motion, without going into the specifics, as he did----she hasn't been convicted, innocent until proven guilty and all that...(and the judge should have disallowed IMO)

It wasn't speculation. He questioned her, she left, spoke with the defense, came back and took the 5th. She already stated that Arias had a good childhood, it is on tape.

DH said this was throwing paint against the wall on Nurmi's part to see if anything would stick, the judge can deny to be recused and unless a higher court or the chief judge (in our district) recuses her - which they won't - then it is simply paint on the wall.

The witness pulling crap is total setup for appeal and I hope the appellate judge is smart.

So Womack pleads the 5th when all she is is a character witness? Now that is some funny stuff right there. What...saying that Jodi was a good kid when she knew her could incriminate herself? Maybe those two werent so good when they knew each other...lol.

She was pleading the 5th to specific questions JM was posing.....about pending charges , and apparently some income from pics (JA pics? I dunno) that she may not have declared

Oh...so she was only pleading the 5th to certain things? Not everything in general. To me it didnt look like Juan could ask anything and she basically walked out with nurmi and wilmott and that was it.

That could be. We don't really know the sequence of events.

Was it reported Brewer dropped out? I thought he was still on the list, until Nurmi canned all the witnesse, grand standing? (I did miss the very start, so may have missed that announcement)

DH said this was throwing paint against the wall on Nurmi's part to see if anything would stick, the judge can deny to be recused and unless a higher court or the chief judge (in our district) recuses her - which they won't - then it is simply paint on the wall.

The witness pulling crap is total setup for appeal and I hope the appellate judge is smart.

Okay, let's see, what would the witness have offered? Would it have reasonably made a difference in whatever the jury decides? Probably not.

I would say if the family all of a sudden didn't testify that might have made a big difference. There would have been more substance and emotion.

Croaker has it up already. I'm listening for the 5th part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Was it reported Brewer dropped out? I thought he was still on the list, until Nurmi canned all the witnesse, grand standing? (I did miss the very start, so may have missed that announcement)

Yeah, I don't know if Brewer dropped out or if it was just Nurmi deciding not to put him up.

Right off the bat - J.S says "Nurmi you wanted these heard in open court"

I.E. Nurmi wanted to put on a show with his paint sticking.

That could be. We don't really know the sequence of events.

She didn't answer some specific questions, according to JM (that he detailed) then wanted to take a break...left the room , (as did Nurmi and wilmott) but they all returned....JM said he asked the questions again, and she took the 5th....his position was, once you take the 5th you are precluded from testifying (that is what he said, not sure on the legality there)

I think this is lame sauce. It's good for theater. PLUS, doing this dramatic display and the throw all to the wall shows that these Attorneys have done EVERYTHING to help her. No ineffective assistance of counsel appeal, IMO.

I think this is lame sauce. It's good for theater. PLUS, doing this dramatic display and the throw all to the wall shows that these Attorneys have done EVERYTHING to help her. No ineffective assistance of counsel appeal, IMO.

#lamesauce for #psychosauce

Nurmster: We lost and it's not fair!

This is all making for a great end to the Life time movie lol What else are they going to go for at this point?

Forum List

Back