Jodi Arias Penalty

I think the judge was in error to allow JM to speak of pending charges and/or possible testimony of a witness who's appearance was clearly in question, in open court too. The rest was all heard privately and sealed, only generally referred to, not sure why that was allowed...

(although, hypocritically glad we got to hear it, lol)

Why not just let Arias get up and speak? Everyone thought it was going to happen today anyway. Don't understand why they need to waste another day.

I agree the Judge is PISSED!

Womack told Nancy Grace that Arias had a good childhood. If she said that on the stand, it wouldn't go with Arias's narrative. If she said that Arias had a bad childhood, they would have brought that tape up. It was a no win situation to have Womack on the stand. That is not going to fly on appeal. They chose not to put her on.

JODI told 48 hours she had a good childhood "idyllic almost".

Yes. And Womack was afraid of perjuring herself and exposing her legal problems.
I wonder what the deal is with Brewer. I haven't seen anything negative written about him.

She is unbelievably defiant. She will stick to her damned abuse story, if it kills her. Instead of having her family get up, plead for her life, tell the jury she is mentally "off", she wants to maintain this victim/martyrdom.

I totally agree with you! I still believe either her mother or grandmother should get up and say how c-r-a-z-y she is! :cuckoo: I see her sister, brother, and father in court today. What a wasted day for all! I bet the jury is seeing red! :evil:

I noticed they were all there together too! Some of them may have planned to speak, after all...guess we'll never know now!

All I can say is, Jodi brought this mess on herself, so let her roll in it. Continue with the trial and get it over with. She needs to learn she doesn't control the court.

I agree! She had a bad witness with a checkered past that was freaking out about testifying, went through all the rigamarole to not testify in front of the camera, pled the 5th and THEN they're going to blame it all on death threats and hang a mistrial on that?

Total defense Hail Mary shenanigans!

I'm trying to get DH on the phone so I can find out what a judge can/will do about these kind of shenanigans. lol

I'm not shocked Nurmi did this, but shocked just the same.

I think the judge was in error to allow JM to speak of pending charges and/or possible testimony of a witness who's appearance was clearly in question, in open court too. The rest was all heard privately and sealed, only generally referred to, not sure why that was allowed...

Nurmi wanted the motion held in open court.

She is unbelievably defiant. She will stick to her damned abuse story, if it kills her. Instead of having her family get up, plead for her life, tell the jury she is mentally "off", she wants to maintain this victim/martyrdom.

I totally agree with you! I still believe either her mother or grandmother should get up and say how c-r-a-z-y she is! :cuckoo: I see her sister, brother, and father in court today. What a wasted day for all! I bet the jury is seeing red! :evil:

I noticed they were all there together too! Some of them may have planned to speak, after all...guess we'll never know now!

So they came prepared and then Nurmi pulled the towel in a high stakes game of bluffing.

I believe it was actually Jodi her called her own childhood "idyllic almost" in one of the TV interviews, not PW

All I can say is, Jodi brought this mess on herself, so let her roll in it. Continue with the trial and get it over with. She needs to learn she doesn't control the court.

I agree! She had a bad witness with a checkered past that was freaking out about testifying, went through all the rigamarole to not testify in front of the camera, pled the 5th and THEN they're going to blame it all on death threats and hang a mistrial on that?

Total defense Hail Mary shenanigans!

I'm trying to get DH on the phone so I can find out what a judge can/will do about these kind of shenanigans. lol

I'm not shocked Nurmi did this, but shocked just the same.

I think the real issue is that Womack risked perjury if she got up. Martinez would have asked about the childhood since they were childhood friends.

Imagine if she gets another trial on appeal. I wonder what her next story would be. Martians?

Correct, the others were at Nurmi's request to be sealed, he wanted the media in on this freak show.

Judge Sherry has been bending over backwards to a fault playing by the rules in the courtroom. Outside (media/threats/whatever that's happened) is not reason for mistrial, especially at penalty. She's convicted of M1, no backing up. It's time for punishment on the conviction she already HAS! Trial is over.

So Womack pleads the 5th when all she is is a character witness? Now that is some funny stuff right there. What...saying that Jodi was a good kid when she knew her could incriminate herself? Maybe those two werent so good when they knew each other...lol.

Hey Testa, for no reason, I just want to say: STAR TREK....because I can.

The motion was heard, the specifics weren't a necessary part of the motion (and some that came AFTER the motion!)

I'm mad.

You would think after all these months and saying that well has no bottom that it wouldn't be a surprise how that well has no bottom.

:bang3:

It's harder that we thought to shove a psycho into a box.

The motion was heard, the specifics weren't a necessary part of the motion (and some that came AFTER the motion!)

Those specifics were important. That was the prosecutor's argument as to why the witness chose not to testify rather than the intimidation claims. The judge was making a decision on a mistrial motion. The defense wanted it in open court. The defense threw that witness under the bus.

So Womack pleads the 5th when all she is is a character witness? Now that is some funny stuff right there. What...saying that Jodi was a good kid when she knew her could incriminate herself? Maybe those two werent so good when they knew each other...lol.

She was pleading the 5th to specific questions JM was posing.....about pending charges , and apparently some income from pics (JA pics? I dunno) that she may not have declared

(this place is hard to navigate!)

He said she pleaded the 5th when he questioned her. As soon as it goes on youtube, I'll rewatch it.... I *think* Nurmi did ask for a stay for a motion to recuse.

That is some major paint thrown against the wall. Since it's DP we shouldn't be surprised that he's filing every motion possible, but to say fine then! and pull all the witnesses?

Shyster

I'm mad.

You would think after all these months and saying that well has no bottom that it wouldn't be a surprise how that well has no bottom.

:bang3:

It's harder that we thought to shove a psycho into a box.

Don't be mad. I said "Star Trek", doesn't that help a little, Sheldon?

Forum List

Back