Jodi Arias Penalty

I think it would be nice if karma actually worked. But all too often bad things happen to nice people. The karma idea can make them feel responsible for their own bad situation.

Yeah, but you have to live your life like it does work.

What are they alleged to be using the money for? I thought something was set up to cover their expenses.

If its all covering their expenses then I'm ok with that problem is theres no way to know. I would imagine they have hefty expenses taking so much time off work and staying in AZ all this time. They have stated that any money left over will go to things Travis supported but there is no transparency in the fund and Chris Hughes even had a whole different fund in Travis' name and a few websites so it looks a little suspicious.

I don't think Hughes should be administering any funds, unless he has qualified for charity/nonprofit with the government and there is some transparency. But I feel this way about all charities. I will go to charity navigator and investigate the % that goes toward administrative and solicitation costs versus real work toward a goal, before I will contribute. And of course, I want the goal to be explicitly and clearly written.

I agree I also don't need to donate to that charity for it to dispurse among many charities as they see fit. IE one of the causes is animals, why can't I just donate directly to an animal charity?

I think it would be nice if karma actually worked. But all too often bad things happen to nice people. The karma idea can make them feel responsible for their own bad situation.

I think as much as possible, you should do the right thing, not for reward and not for fear of punishment, but just because it is the right thing.

Actually no. I don't live my life looking for a reward or a retribution. I live my life and I do the right thing because I want to. I do the right thing, because it is the right thing and I'm a good person.

You are a good person, Tinks, (even if you don't always agree with me, so you have some faults). :-}

Actually no. I don't live my life looking for a reward or a retribution. I live my life and I do the right thing because I want to. I do the right thing, because it is the right thing and I'm a good person.

"karma" isn't a reward.

What you said after that sentence is exactly what I meant ;-) I can never do a wrong without making it a right because I can't live with myself, so I very rarely do a wrong thing, I hate the haunting. lol

I gotta run out for a bit all this perfection doesn't get accomplished sitting around here lol

Holy crap, Tony Soprano/James Gandolfini died.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nUVETWRN1g]The Sopranos - Soundtrack - Woke Up This Morning - YouTube[/ame]

Damn, no sequel. Fade to black...

Forum List

Back