Jodi Arias Penalty

I'm super black and white in my thinking, so that wishy washy fence jumping stuff just irritates me to no end.

flip, flop, flip, flop, flip, flop.

I just lost what respect I had for JW.

I think she spoke for herself, this time, and didn't go the Jodi route. She knows Arias is personality disordered, look at what she did to her own defense team.

How is the jury going to take backing up on what she so rigorously tried to disprove or prove during trial on so many points?

It negates what she did at trial and thereby gives her little credibility and just looks like more Fog and paint thrown at the wall. You can't have it every single which way.

She should have followed suit with the JodiMercial speech and said, damn! she screwed up and please don't kill her and left it at that. She contradicted herself so many times both in the closing itself and against what she did at trial that it at best makes her look like an idiot at worst, it makes her look incompetent or just like her client. She can't remember what she said at trial? Don't contradict yourself at closing.

I'm totally annoyed with that.

That's okay Testy, I understand. I think what she did with the BPD was accept that the jury believed that. Even Martinez flip flopped in close in guilt/innocence when he mentioned the gun could have been Travis's, or if you believe that hypothetical, etc. he said to jurors, when arguing felony murder..

I didn't love the close and I think Arias could have done better, but she could have done much worse, based on history.

I am mentally damaged by what Jodi and JW said today. I can't figure out what the hell happened in that court room today. Praise the family, trash the family, praise Jodi, give Jodi a disorder. I need a time out guys. Going to take a walk. Be back later.

I am mentally damaged by what Jodi and JW said today. I can't figure out what the hell happened in that court room today. Praise the family, trash the family, praise Jodi, give Jodi a disorder. I need a time out guys. Going to take a walk. Be back later.

No. You are absolutely right. It was all over the place, just as Testy said.

I hope they don't take 15 hours again. But, if that's what it takes to agree on something and not have to do this again because they're hung, then I'll wait, TYVM.

I think she spoke for herself, this time, and didn't go the Jodi route. She knows Arias is personality disordered, look at what she did to her own defense team.

How is the jury going to take backing up on what she so rigorously tried to disprove or prove during trial on so many points?

It negates what she did at trial and thereby gives her little credibility and just looks like more Fog and paint thrown at the wall. You can't have it every single which way.

She should have followed suit with the JodiMercial speech and said, damn! she screwed up and please don't kill her and left it at that. She contradicted herself so many times both in the closing itself and against what she did at trial that it at best makes her look like an idiot at worst, it makes her look incompetent or just like her client. She can't remember what she said at trial? Don't contradict yourself at closing.

That's okay Testy, I understand. I think what she did with the BPD was accept that the jury believed that. Even Martinez flip flopped in close in guilt/innocence when he mentioned the gun could have been Travis's, or if you believe that hypothetical, etc. he said to jurors, when arguing felony murder..

That's true. The closing was full out no rules throw everything out there possible, but there were so many inconsistencies with what they fought for to make a point about during trial that it all sounded like BS.

That's true. The closing was full out no rules throw everything out there possible, but there were so many inconsistencies with what they fought for to make a point about during trial that it all sounded like BS.

It did. If Willmott would have kept the tone that she had at the end, from the start of close, I think it would have gone further. Still, she may have worked on the jurors emotionally to some extent. The decision for life or death is really an emotional one and not as much based on reason as guilt and innocence is. I would imagine.

Last edited:

Feather, you are absolutely right.

If I was a juror, I would throw everything out I heard at closing and go back to where I was last week with the evidence.

That was a show amongst shows. No rhyme or reason, no consistency, just a truckload of sh!t.

It did. If Willmott would have kept the tone that she had at the end, from the start of close, I think it would have gone further. Still, she may have worked on the jurors emotionally to some extent. The decision for life or death is really an emotional one and not as much based on reason as guilt and innocence is. I would imagine.

Ditto on that Gigantic Kitty

I think the jury may be beyond "emotions" at this point and hence they need to be reminded in the instructions. lol

I cannot imagine where they are after all this time and delays. I think it's going to be short, they already pretty much know what they were going to decide. So unless we have a hanger or two. I'm going to guess late tomorrow or Friday after lunch.

Are they deliberating Friday or will JS let them have a 4 day weekend? If 4 day weekend, I want to retract my late tomorrow and put my rep on Tuesday 12pm CDT we'll have a "verdict coming" and by 4pm CDT they'll be back.

Feather, you are absolutely right.

If I was a juror, I would throw everything out I heard at closing and go back to where I was last week with the evidence.

That was a show amongst shows. No rhyme or reason, no consistency, just a truckload of sh!t.

Here this will cheer you up: :poop:

Doc! You doing Nurmster nose picks during the dp verdict read or verdict day bet? And what's the prize?

Forum List

Back