Jodi Arias Penalty

I agree they are going to hang. How long do you think they have to try?

JA might plead for lwop at this point who knows.

I'm predicting they'll be out an hour after lunch and say they just can't reach a unanimous decision. There's only so long you can kick around "I'm not changing my mind" lol

It's 1 more jury, then the judge decides.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to go through this penalty phase again. Not JM or even the Alexander family, once they have a chance to think about it. Nor would the people of AZ want to prolong this further with a 2nd jury and all the $$ that would entail.

I agree that if they're hung, then JM will, begrudgingly perhaps, take DP off the table and let the judge decide the sentence, LWOP or LWP. I think she would sentence her to LWOP.

By the way did you guys see in the interview she said that she didn't agree with the decision not to present any mitigation witness'? But she understood the legal reasons why.

I think they would rather have those regrets than regret the DP when they don't want it. I thought it was only one more jury you are saying 2 where did you hear that?!

News post about AZ law. Says they (prosecutor) can do up to 3 and if the 3rd fails, goes to judge, but they may not push to empanel another.

am I limited in thank you's too?

I don't think so, I've been hitting that button like there's no tomorrow.

I don't see the button anymore and I didn't give out that many. And I can't rep anyone anymore either because there's not enough to spread them out I need to go visit other threads and rep.

Never mind thanks is there after I refreshed.

Last edited:

I can't imagine anyone wanting to go through this penalty phase again. Not JM or even the Alexander family, once they have a chance to think about it. Nor would the people of AZ want to prolong this further with a 2nd jury and all the $$ that would entail.

I agree that if they're hung, then JM will, begrudgingly perhaps, take DP off the table and let the judge decide the sentence, LWOP or LWP. I think she would sentence her to LWOP.

Yes. It would be nice not to hear anything from/about Jodi Arias for a long time, although I'll miss the people here. Only downside.

By the way did you guys see in the interview she said that she didn't agree with the decision not to present any mitigation witness'? But she understood the legal reasons why.

I missed that one, I could only take so much of her. I heard her talk about her mom not speaking because of too much negativity, but not her talk about any of the other witnesses.

am I limited in thank you's too?

I don't think so, I've been hitting that button like there's no tomorrow.

I don't see the button anymore and I didn't give out that many. And I can't rep anyone anymore either because there's not enough to spread them out I need to go visit other threads and rep.

That's odd about the thanks button. I have no rep power, but I can thank freely.

Yes. It would be nice not to hear anything from/about Jodi Arias for a long time, although I'll miss the people here. Only downside.

I *think* that's exactly how it would go too, but Juan is like a bull dog with this, depends on how done HE is too. He may try to stick it to her.

Testa, I stand corrected. I thought HLN had it right but I should have known better!

Tink, I find I cannot thank the same poster more than once within some unknown amount of time but I can thank others.

I missed that one, I could only take so much of her. I heard her talk about her mom not speaking because of too much negativity, but not her talk about any of the other witnesses.

She said her mom wrote a letter and wanted to speak and her dad too but defense said no.

I *think* that's exactly how it would go too, but Juan is like a bull dog with this, depends on how done HE is too. He may try to stick it to her.

How can a second jury decide without knowing what the case was? This last mini trial lacked any substantial information, if you didn't know anything about the case.

She said her mom wrote a letter and wanted to speak and her dad too but defense said no.

I don't believe that, do you?

How can a second jury decide without knowing what the case was? This last mini trial lacked any substantial information, if you didn't know anything about the case.

They have to go through everything all over again. Guilt would stand but they have to have all evidence. It would take a very long time.:eek:

WAIT! There are alternates! Beth Karas just said that, if all the jurors are joining in the debate, then they can hang. BUT, if someone just steadfastly refuses to discuss options, then that juror(s) can be replaced by an alternate(s).

Sooooo.....there's still a possibility with this jury, depending on the split. If there are only 1 or 2 who just will not budge or discuss, they may be replaced.

Jodi Arias was always running the show. If she wanted her parents to speak, they would have spoken.

I don't believe that, do you?

It's hard to believe anything JA says. But I do believe her mother would have wanted to speak and write a letter. She has written one before and it is her daughter. What mother wouldn't? And her dad idk but he was there yesterday which is unusual

Forum List

Back