Jodi Arias Penalty

Oh...I get what you're saying Tink. I agree the DP will probably be abolished in the US before Arias' appeals were exhausted, should she be sentenced to DP. In which case her sentence would be commuted to LWOP. Agree.

As for witnesses being intimidated and such, that's what happens when the media latches onto a trial and runs with every aspect of it. So, unless televised trials are stopped, the players in the trial will be subject to criticism or praise, mild or harsh. Also, Arias is quite responsible for her witnesses to be harassed because she has continued to do TV interviews and tweet, basically taunting the public to take a side. She has had far too much to say at this stage of the judicial process, IMO. People may be less angry at those supporting her if she had just been a bit less arrogant and famewhorish.

I agree. I also think she doesn't know how to shut up. I wonder why Judge removed gag order yesterday...

Animals as promised

We are so OT!! We could get banned for this:

Oh heck! I didn't realize you went to the SD zoo!! One of the best in the country. I graduated on the East Bay. Love loved N CA for camping/outside and spent a lot of time in S CA, but would never ever ever live in CA again.

Miss those N CA woods, these woods aren't user friendly, refer back to the gator photo.

Okay, sorry everyone!!

Tweet tweet! lol

I agree, AICY. Arias is her own worst enemy because of her continual lying and attention-grabbing tactics. And it was she who made this case so sensational with the allegations of sexual deviance, pedophilia, and DV. It was her idea to go the route she did with her defense. She sat in jail and thought and thought about where she could go to defend herself against this brutal murder and she made up these sordid, made-for-tv, exploitative details to get herself more attention. I'm sure she thought everyone was stupid enough to believe the DV angle and she would walk free to continue getting her way.

I cannot imagine what grounds there would be to grant her another trial on the murder charge.

I don't see where she'd be granted another trial either. Her attorneys throwing a hissy and asking to be removed because they can't control her isn't grounds for a new trial.

I said it before and I'll say it again, it isn't the needle that will actually 'kill' her, it's solitary confinement for 23 hours a day. The only audience she'll have is herself. She will THRIVE in general population if given anything other than the DP.

I just have to say if Jodi gets DP it will be worse then 23 hours in her cell a day.
In AZ DP prisoners eat drink sleep and pee and poop in their cell. They only get to go to the exercise year 3 days a week for 2 hours on those same days she gets to shower. 1 15 min call a week and that is from her cell. I just can't remember the amount og time for visiting hours but I know it is only on Sundays and through glass.

I hope, for the amount of time the jury has been re-deliberating, that progress is being made on agreeing to something. It could be that there was a mitigating factor brought up by the defense that one of the jury couldn't get past.

Momma and baby

Attachments

• $mompanda.jpg
    $mompanda.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 13
  • $babypanda.jpg
    $babypanda.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 16
  • $babypanda1.jpg
    $babypanda1.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 16
I hope, for the amount of time the jury has been re-deliberating, that progress is being made on agreeing to something. It could be that there was a mitigating factor brought up by the defense that one of the jury couldn't get past.

You're right. It has been quite awhile. I thought at lunch they would figure out "well I'm not changing my mind!" and that would be it.

Shows they are taking their job seriously, as they have been all along, and working hard at it. So if they are hung, it's not a flippant hung, they are really-super hung and no getting around it. Right off the bat hung is a little unsettling.

There's some kind of comfort that can be taken from that and in people and in the justice system, the seriousness and the dedication those jurors have put into this fiasco.

Oh...I get what you're saying Tink. I agree the DP will probably be abolished in the US before Arias' appeals were exhausted, should she be sentenced to DP. In which case her sentence would be commuted to LWOP. Agree.

As for witnesses being intimidated and such, that's what happens when the media latches onto a trial and runs with every aspect of it. So, unless televised trials are stopped, the players in the trial will be subject to criticism or praise, mild or harsh. Also, Arias is quite responsible for her witnesses to be harassed because she has continued to do TV interviews and tweet, basically taunting the public to take a side. She has had far too much to say at this stage of the judicial process, IMO. People may be less angry at those supporting her if she had just been a bit less arrogant and famewhorish.

I agree. I also think she doesn't know how to shut up. I wonder why Judge removed gag order yesterday...

Yep! My point with the much longer winded post.

Animals as promised

We are so OT!! We could get banned for this:

Oh heck! I didn't realize you went to the SD zoo!! One of the best in the country. I graduated on the East Bay. Love loved N CA for camping/outside and spent a lot of time in S CA, but would never ever ever live in CA again.

Miss those N CA woods, these woods aren't user friendly, refer back to the gator photo.

Okay, sorry everyone!!

Tweet tweet! lol
I like safari park better than the zoo we did both. Why wouldn't you live here?

You're right. It has been quite awhile. I thought at lunch they would figure out "well I'm not changing my mind!" and that would be it.

Shows they are taking their job seriously, as they have been all along, and working hard at it. So if they are hung, it's not a flippant hung, they are really-super hung and no getting around it. Right off the bat hung is a little unsettling.

There's some kind of comfort that can be taken from that and in people and in the justice system, the seriousness and the dedication those jurors have put into this fiasco.
They didn't even go to lunch today

OK..just heard more of another Arias interview from a clip on HLN. Arias says she doesn't believe in hell the same way most people do. She believes in forgiveness, mercy, and giving people 2nd chances. Can you believe that crap? NOW she believes in mercy???? She's a little late for Travis now, isn't she? Unbelievable and it makes me sick.

Oh and she says she's not religious. Well isn't that special? Was she ever really a Mormon? No, she was a MINO just to entice Travis. Morally bankrupt is what she is. All the rules are adaptable according to her whim.

Forum List

Back