Joe Biden Says That The Second Amendment Isn't Absolute

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Oh Brandon, Brandon, Brandon. Why don't you just go right out and say that you're trying to take our weapons away? He's completely got it backwards. It's not that there are certain weapons that people shouldn't purchase, it's that certain people shouldn't be allowed to purchase weapons. It's just like how certain people can't drive (like me) and shouldn't drive. It doesn't mean that we should ban cars. I mean they already banned illegal drugs, and we've already seen how well that worked out. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh Brandon, Brandon, Brandon. Why don't you just go right out and say that you're trying to take our weapons away? He's completely got in backwards. It's not that there are certain weapons that people shouldn't purchase, it's that certain people shouldn't be allowed to purchase weapons. It's just like how certain people can't drive (like me) and shouldn't drive. It doesn't mean that we should ban cars. I mean they already banned illegal drugs, and we've already seen how well that worked out. :rolleyes:

Garland was going to be the 5th gun grabbing vote on SCOTUS

They banned black Americans from owning guns for decades in a clear violation of the Second Amendment.

Well, as much as I agree with you that it is unconstitutional, that issue wouldn't even have come up if crimes were committed more by black people than white people. Now let's see how many people call me a racist after this comment. :rolleyes:

Oh Brandon, Brandon, Brandon. Why don't you just go right out and say that you're trying to take our weapons away? He's completely got it backwards. It's not that there are certain weapons that people shouldn't purchase, it's that certain people shouldn't be allowed to purchase weapons. It's just like how certain people can't drive (like me) and shouldn't drive. It doesn't mean that we should ban cars. I mean they already banned illegal drugs, and we've already seen how well that worked out. :rolleyes:

He's got another thing coming . . .

Joe Biden Says That The Second Amendment Isn't Absolute​

True, just because you have the right to have a firearm doesn't mean you can murder people.

Just like with the right to religion, just because you have that right doesn't mean you can have human sacrifices for your religion..

Have you guys caught on yet or do you want to continue to show your ignorance?

If they start banning guns the crime rate is only going to escalate because the bad guys are the only ones are going to have them.

Saved a ton of bloodshed by keeping his Fascist ass off of SCOTUS

Yes, exactly. Nothing says easy prey quite like a disarmed citizen.

I was talking about all the armed citizens that will become outlaws the moment they ban firearms.

There is a reason that gun control isn't in the major mix.
Those that favor more gun control are attempting to remove or limit the Rights gunowners already have.

They have nothing to offer in exchange, so a compromise is not really possible.

Can you take a bazooka into a bank?

No. How much time do you spend fighting that rule?

The 2nd Amendment is not absolute.

A fraud on the American public." That’s how former Chief Justice Warren Burger described the idea that the Second Amendment gives an unfettered individual right to a gun. When he spoke these words to PBS in 1990, the rock-ribbed conservative appointed by Richard Nixon was expressing the longtime consensus of historians and judges across the political spectrum.

Twenty-five years later, Burger’s view seems as quaint as a powdered wig. Not only is an individual right to a firearm widely accepted, but increasingly states are also passing laws to legalize carrying weapons on streets, in parks, in bars—even in churches.

Many are startled to learn that the U.S. Supreme Court didn’t rule that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual’s right to own a gun until 2008, when District of Columbia v. Heller struck down the capital’s law effectively banning handguns in the home. In fact, every other time the court had ruled previously, it had ruled otherwise. Why such a head-snapping turnaround? Don’t look for answers in dusty law books or the arcane reaches of theory.

I was talking about all the armed citizens that will become outlaws the moment they ban firearms.

Well yeah! I mean do you really think that we're all just going to stay quiet about it and be revoked of our rights? If this were to come to pass then it would pretty much be the beginning of World War III.

Can you take a bazooka into a bank?

No. How much time do you spend fighting that rule?

The 2nd Amendment is not absolute.

You need to learn how to read bro. I said that certain people shouldn't be allowed to have weapons and background checks should be performed, as it's not the weapon that's the issue it's the person using it. Just like a car wouldn't kill somebody unless there was a person behind the wheel controlling it.

A fraud on the American public." That’s how former Chief Justice Warren Burger described the idea that the Second Amendment gives an unfettered individual right to a gun. When he spoke these words to PBS in 1990, the rock-ribbed conservative appointed by Richard Nixon was expressing the longtime consensus of historians and judges across the political spectrum.

Twenty-five years later, Burger’s view seems as quaint as a powdered wig. Not only is an individual right to a firearm widely accepted, but increasingly states are also passing laws to legalize carrying weapons on streets, in parks, in bars—even in churches.

Many are startled to learn that the U.S. Supreme Court didn’t rule that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual’s right to own a gun until 2008, when District of Columbia v. Heller struck down the capital’s law effectively banning handguns in the home. In fact, every other time the court had ruled previously, it had ruled otherwise. Why such a head-snapping turnaround? Don’t look for answers in dusty law books or the arcane reaches of theory.

True the idea they had was a well-regulated militia in which each member of the militia could use their own firearm which is what Minutemen did.

Forum List

Back