John Boehner, "I Got 98% Of What I Wanted"

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Remember when Boehner told the American People that he got 98% of what he wanted?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_paKxXLsenA]Boehner Christmas II - YouTube[/ame]

Well....what's the problem now? Why is he and the rest of the CON$ attempting to blame Obama for everything? When according to HIS own mouth, Obama is only, literally, 2% responsible.

What kind of malarkey is this?

On most days, liberals would believe nothing said by Boehner. But when they wish to use an obvious bit of puffery, suddenly he is Mr. Credibility!

On most days, liberals would believe nothing said by Boehner. But when they wish to use an obvious bit of puffery, suddenly he is Mr. Credibility!

So was he lying THEN or is he lying NOW?

Take your pick.

Take your pick.

I think I already did. I said it was puffery.

He got a shit deal and claimed that he had gotten more in order to try to sell it to his highly dissatisfied and disaffected base.

Take your pick.

He got a shit deal and claimed that he had gotten more in order to try to sell it to his highly dissatisfied and disaffected base.
Define "puffery" sir. I don't know what that means.

Take your pick.

Define "puffery" sir. I don't know what that means.

Google is your friend, friend.

Flattering, often exaggerated praise and publicity, especially when used for promotional purposes.

puffery - definition of puffery by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Last edited:

Take your pick.

Nailed it. Question answered, end of thread.

Take your pick.

Nailed it. Question answered, end of thread.

Cute-Chimpanzees.jpg

LOL!!! You guys are too funny. :lol:

So he got 98% of what he wanted in the sequestration, and now suddenly it belongs to Obama? Just another repub lie...

Lol, what a moron you are.

He said he got 98% in the debt limit deal, not the sequestration you simpleton.

Boehner is a spineless prick. He knew he caved and he knew we'd be pissed (we were), so he claims to have gotten almost what he wanted. It's just to try to take pressure off himself.

The sequestration was the obama administration's deal. They wanted the debt ceiling raised and the GOP wanted cuts in spending. The obama administration offered the sequestration, automatic cuts, as a conmpromise to the GOP. It was obama's idea 100%.

It's his deal and no amount of spin will change that.

So he got 98% of what he wanted in the sequestration, and now suddenly it belongs to Obama? Just another repub lie...

Boehner is a spineless prick. He knew he caved and he knew we'd be pissed (we were), so he claims to have gotten almost what he wanted. It's just to try to take pressure off himself.

The sequestration was the obama administration's deal. They wanted the debt ceiling raised and the GOP wanted cuts in spending. The obama administration offered the sequestration, automatic cuts, as a conmpromise to the GOP. It was obama's idea 100%.

Go ahead and ask the American people who the sequestration belongs to. The GOP will get another nail in their coffin if they allow it to go forth...Count On It!

Go ahead and ask the American people who the sequestration belongs to. The GOP will get another nail in their coffin if they allow it to go forth...Count On It!

The American people are morons with the attention span of a gnat. The reelection of obama being exhibit "A".

But then, you lefties don't care about what's fact or fiction as long as you get the win.

The American people are morons with the attention span of a gnat. The reelection of obama being exhibit "A".

But then, you lefties don't care about what's fact or fiction as long as you get the win.

You sound like Mitt Romney's speech writer! Thanks for doing such a good job last year. The 47% crack was a work of genius!

Rush and his pals on right wing radio, and cons in the media, have been preparing the talking points for when/if the sequester goes through

"It's not so bad...it's a Democratic scare tactic"...all the while completely ignoring their past comments on sequestration.

If you have to resort to attacking the American Voter...you're doing it wrong.

Last edited:

Rush and his pals on right wing radio, and cons in the media, have been preparing the talking points for when/if the sequester goes through

"It's not so bad...it's a Democratic scare tactic"...all the while completely ignoring their past comments on sequestration.
Con (man) business as usual.

Forum List

Back