John F. Kennedy.. Democrats

[MENTION=19734]Lumpy 1[/MENTION]
Where have They All Gone..?

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy

The best road to progress is freedom's road.
John F. Kennedy

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
John F. Kennedy

A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.
John F. Kennedy

Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
John F. Kennedy

John F. Kennedy Quotes - BrainyQuote

Imbeciles who selectively pick quotes of JFK to denounce Democrats today deserve to be mocked.

JFK was more like his brothers Bobby and Ted than most people would like to believe.

JFK was not a supply side follower, but he did go against the wisdom of some of his advisors
and chose the wisdom of other advisors in using tax cuts in a demand side scheme.

JFK was despised and condemned by most every conservative and right winger of his day...and even by many leftists.....you most likely interchangeably use the terms Democrat, progressive, leftist, liberal....to describe some mythic group

Now please...stfu

HaHa Wingnuts have always tried to claim the beloved JFK as a president who would really hate the Democrats of today. He laughed about Republicans..

JFK Humor

"I have just received the following telegram from my generous Daddy. It says, "Dear Jack: Don't buy a single vote more than is necessary. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for a landslide." (Gridiron Dinner, Washington, D.C., 1958)

"Several nights ago, I dreamed that the good Lord touched me on the shoulder and said, 'Don't worry, you'll be the Democratic presidential nominee in 1960. What's more, you'll be elected.' I told Stu Symington about my dream. 'Funny thing,' said Stu, 'I had the same dream myself.' We both told our dreams to Lyndon Johnson, and Johnson said, 'That's funny. For the life of me, I can't remember tapping either of you two boys for the job.'

"Mr. Nixon in the last seven days has called me an economic ignoramus, a Pied Piper, and all the rest. I've just confined myself to calling him a Republican, but he says that is getting low."

"I have sent him [former President Harry S Truman] the following wire: 'Dear Mr. President: I have noted with interest your suggestion as to where those who vote for my opponent should go. While I understand and sympathize with your deep motivation, I think it is important that our side try to refrain from raising the religious issue."

Question: The Republican National Committee recently adopted a resolution saying you were pretty much of a failure. How do you feel about that?

President Kennedy: I assume it passed unanimously. (July 17, 1963)

Question: Senator, when does the moratorium end on Nixon's hospitalization and your ability to attack him?

Kennedy: Well, I said I would not mention him unless I could praise him until he got out of the hospital, and I have not mentioned him. (September 9, 1960)

I really miss the man's wit, wisdom and his great sense of humor. Abe Lincoln also had a great sense of humor. It kept both men grounded.

Here are a few more...

"Do you realize the responsibility I carry? I'm the only person standing between Richard Nixon and the White House."
President John F. Kennedy

"We have all seen these circus elephants complete with tusks, ivory in their head and thick skins, who move around the circus ring and grab the tail of the elephant ahead of them."

Imbeciles who selectively pick quotes of JFK to denounce Democrats today deserve to be mocked.

JFK was more like his brothers Bobby and Ted than most people would like to believe.

JFK was not a supply side follower, but he did go against the wisdom of some of his advisors
and chose the wisdom of other advisors in using tax cuts in a demand side scheme.

JFK was despised and condemned by most every conservative and right winger of his day...and even by many leftists.....you most likely interchangeably use the terms Democrat, progressive, leftist, liberal....to describe some mythic group

Now please...stfu

HaHa Wingnuts have always tried to claim the beloved JFK as a president who would really hate the Democrats of today. He laughed about Republicans..

JFK Humor

"I have just received the following telegram from my generous Daddy. It says, "Dear Jack: Don't buy a single vote more than is necessary. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for a landslide." (Gridiron Dinner, Washington, D.C., 1958)

"Several nights ago, I dreamed that the good Lord touched me on the shoulder and said, 'Don't worry, you'll be the Democratic presidential nominee in 1960. What's more, you'll be elected.' I told Stu Symington about my dream. 'Funny thing,' said Stu, 'I had the same dream myself.' We both told our dreams to Lyndon Johnson, and Johnson said, 'That's funny. For the life of me, I can't remember tapping either of you two boys for the job.'

"Mr. Nixon in the last seven days has called me an economic ignoramus, a Pied Piper, and all the rest. I've just confined myself to calling him a Republican, but he says that is getting low."

"I have sent him [former President Harry S Truman] the following wire: 'Dear Mr. President: I have noted with interest your suggestion as to where those who vote for my opponent should go. While I understand and sympathize with your deep motivation, I think it is important that our side try to refrain from raising the religious issue."

Question: The Republican National Committee recently adopted a resolution saying you were pretty much of a failure. How do you feel about that?

Question: Senator, when does the moratorium end on Nixon's hospitalization and your ability to attack him?

Kennedy: Well, I said I would not mention him unless I could praise him until he got out of the hospital, and I have not mentioned him. (September 9, 1960)

I have never claimed him, never will...

He was an elitist, the family still is...

JFK through the eyes of his Secret Service detail.

The Kennedy Detail: Memories of the President : Video : Discovery Channel

"My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy
Be a slave to the State? No way, Johnny Boy.
Better to ask what your country is doing to you.

Last edited:
"My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

We are a better country than we were in 1960

Now please...stfu

JFK Humor

I really miss the man's wit, wisdom and his great sense of humor. Abe Lincoln also had a great sense of humor. It kept both men grounded.

Here are a few more...

"Do you realize the responsibility I carry? I'm the only person standing between Richard Nixon and the White House."

"We have all seen these circus elephants complete with tusks, ivory in their head and thick skins, who move around the circus ring and grab the tail of the elephant ahead of them."

:lol: He was a charmer. That's funny.

Better? How? Surely you jest.
The dollar is worth less, taxes have increased, the size & scope of government has grown, more people on food stamps, unemployment has increased, record deficit, etc. etc..
Now you can avoid the reality of this but you can not avoid the consequences of avoiding that reality.

Better? How? Surely you jest.
The dollar is worth less, taxes have increased, the size & scope of government has grown, more people on food stamps, unemployment has increased, record deficit, etc. etc..
Now you can avoid the reality of this but you can not avoid the consequences of avoiding that reality.

It may have been a better country for you in 1960 if you were a white male Christian. Since 1960 we have passed Civil Rights, Ecological reform, gay rights, women's rights. We won the Cold War, put a man on the moon.

Ever see the riots in the 1960s?
We treat our citizens better today than we did in 1960

Last edited:
Rightwinger-- "Civil Rights" "gay rights, women's rights"--There are only individual/property rights
"Ecological reform" For the sake of owls, fish & plankton, businesses have been eradicated.
"We won the Cold War, put a man on the moon" yeah, but at whose expense? Was it necessary?

You seem to be needing a clear definition of "rights", so let me provide one:
A “right” is a moral principle defining and sanctioning a man’s freedom of action in a social context. There is only one fundamental right (all the others are its consequences or corollaries): a man’s right to his own life. Life is a process of self-sustaining and self-generated action; the right to life means the right to engage in self-sustaining and self-generated action—which means: the freedom to take all the actions required by the nature of a rational being for the support, the furtherance, the fulfillment and the enjoyment of his own life. (Such is the meaning of the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.)

The concept of a “right” pertains only to action—specifically, to freedom of action. It means freedom from physical compulsion, coercion or interference by other men.

Thus, for every individual, a right is the moral sanction of a positive—of his freedom to act on his own judgment, for his own goals, by his own voluntary, uncoerced choice. As to his neighbors, his rights impose no obligations on them except of a negative kind: to abstain from violating his rights.

The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.

Bear in mind that the right to property is a right to action, like all the others: it is not the right to an object, but to the action and the consequences of producing or earning that object. It is not a guarantee that a man will earn any property, but only a guarantee that he will own it if he earns it. It is the right to gain, to keep, to use and to dispose of material values.

Rightwinger-- "Civil Rights" "gay rights, women's rights"--There are only individual/property rights
"Ecological reform" For the sake of owls, fish & plankton, businesses have been eradicated.
"We won the Cold War, put a man on the moon" yeah, but at whose expense? Was it necessary?

A “right” is a moral principle defining and sanctioning a man’s freedom of action in a social context. There is only one fundamental right (all the others are its consequences or corollaries): a man’s right to his own life. Life is a process of self-sustaining and self-generated action; the right to life means the right to engage in self-sustaining and self-generated action—which means: the freedom to take all the actions required by the nature of a rational being for the support, the furtherance, the fulfillment and the enjoyment of his own life. (Such is the meaning of the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.)

The concept of a “right” pertains only to action—specifically, to freedom of action. It means freedom from physical compulsion, coercion or interference by other men.

Thus, for every individual, a right is the moral sanction of a positive—of his freedom to act on his own judgment, for his own goals, by his own voluntary, uncoerced choice. As to his neighbors, his rights impose no obligations on them except of a negative kind: to abstain from violating his rights.

The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.

Bear in mind that the right to property is a right to action, like all the others: it is not the right to an object, but to the action and the consequences of producing or earning that object. It is not a guarantee that a man will earn any property, but only a guarantee that he will own it if he earns it. It is the right to gain, to keep, to use and to dispose of material values.

That's a mole hill in comparison to the mountain that what Rightwinger requires..just sayin

Valiant yet doomed effort though..:thup:

In 1960 blacks were still relegated to second class citizenship. Women only had access to limited careers and had restricted marital rights. Gays had no rights at all and were imprisoned if found in the military. Companies openly spewed filth into the air and rivers.
We were entering VietNam where 60,000 boys were sent to their deaths.
Assassinations were rampant
I would much rather live today than have to relive the 60s

In 1960 blacks were still relegated to second class citizenship. Women only had access to limited careers and had restricted marital rights. Gays had no rights at all and were imprisoned if found in the military. Companies openly spewed filth into the air and rivers.

I blame Democrat control of Congress pre 1960, when Republicans gained power, human rights certainly improved.

Selective memory Democrats, talking a good game but the reality is quite a different story.

Last edited:

I blame Democrat control of Congress pre 1960, when Republicans gained power, human rights certainly improved.

Selective memory Democrats, talking a good game but the reality is quite a different story.

Different country....different politics

Things were more Liberal/Conservative than Democrat/ Republican
They actually had Liberal Republicans and Conservative Democrats
One thing we can be sure of........Conservatives fucked things up in the 60s

Just like today

Grab a doobie

[ame=http://youtu.be/2y_9hwW1eV0]THE MOODY BLUES - DAYS OF FUTURE PASSED Full Album 1967 (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

Prefer what you want.
Understand the explanation of rights for the now & future-it's absolutely essential.

Last edited:

That's a mole hill in comparison to the mountain that what Rightwinger requires..just sayin

Valiant yet doomed effort though..:thup:

I hear you. Still it's a start for those who believe they have a right to the lives, products or services of others.

Harry disagrees...

19480714_Truman.jpg

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They approve of social security benefits-so much so that they took them away from almost a million people. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They believe in international trade--so much so that they crippled our reciprocal trade program, and killed our International Wheat Agreement. They favor the admission of displaced persons--but only within shameful racial and religious limitations.They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They say TVA is wonderful--but we ought never to try it again. They condemn "cruelly high prices"--but fight to the death every effort to bring them down. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it."
President Harry S. Truman - October 13, 1948

Forum List

Back