Jolly R FLA wins special election

The most interesting number to me was 5%, the amount the Libertarian got. I'd think that would concern the GOP. If Libertarians run in many elections, if people stay home because there isn't a Libertarian, or some combination therein, that could hurt the party.

The most interesting number is the 2% with which Jolly won. This seat has been Republican for decades and has been won by Republican predecessors by an average of 14%. In other words, this is the first time a Democrat came close to taking this seat. Based on this, Republicans should be worried instead of gloating. If Republicans lose that much support in every Congressional race come November, they will lose the House.

More interesting is how Alex Sink blew a 9 point lead in the polls. That 2 percent represents an 11 point swing in the negative. Your hope is misplaced.

When people stay home and not vote out of spite, they are doing more damage to our democracy than either of the parties put together in Washington. Get out and vote!
Quit giving people the "choice" between smallpox and bubonic plague.

Well then. Don't vote. I'm not going to make you.

But when we hear of people wanting to "throw them all out" just what choice are we giving them at that point? Just what kind of citizens are we if we sit home not attempting to change the direction this country is taking? You either have a choice to continue the status quo by A) voting for the same candidate, B) staying home and not voting at all.

It's like a doctor sitting there with a patient on the operating table with a cancerous tumor. Either he overcomes his inane fear of killing the patient in hopes of saving his life and trusts his abilities while doing his duty, or he lets the patient die.

Voters are a critical part of this republic. If you're going to sit at home and not vote for anybody, then frankly, you're just as bad as either potential candidate. Furthermore, I was taught, if you don't vote you can't complain.
If I am a critical part of the republic, I sure am not treated like it by democrats or republicans. Especially the latter, who seem to believe that my vote is owed to them.

If your party cannot give me a candidate that is a clear and unambiguous choice from the democrats, which they have not done since at least Reagan (and that is even a big stretch), then you have no right to blame me for your crap candidates.

they CHEAT in elections in florida

THE COURTS had to ORDER the republican party to STOP using the florida central file

Why is it this election didn't match the polling?

because the right in that state cheats in elections

James Lee's testimony[edit]

On 17 April 2001, James Lee testified, before the McKinney panel, that the state had given DBT the directive to add to the purge list people who matched at least 90% of a last name. DBT objected, knowing that this would produce a huge number of false positives (non-felons).[4]

Lee went on saying that the state then ordered DBT to shift to an even lower threshold of 80% match, allowing also names to be reversed (thus a person named Thomas Clarence could be taken to be the same as Clarence Thomas). Besides this, middle initials were skipped, Jr. and Sr. suffixes dropped, and some nicknames and aliases were added to puff up the list.

"DBT told state officials", testified Lee, "that the rules for creating the [purge] list would mean a significant number of people who were not deceased, not registered in more than one county, or not a felon, would be included on the list. DBT made suggestions to reduce the numbers of eligible voters included on the list". According to Lee, to this suggestion the state told the company, "Forget about it".

"The people who worked on this (for DBT) are very adamant... they told them what would happen", said Lee. "The state expected the county supervisors to be the failsafe." Lee said his company will never again get involved in cleansing voting rolls. "We are not confident any of the methods used today can guarantee legal voters will not be wrongfully denied the right to vote", Lee told a group of Atlanta-area black lawmakers in March 2001

Its a place that would elect Kathern Harris.

they are insane there

See, you are right, they voted for Alex Sink (D) for governor, as well as Obama in both elections

On February 17, 2001, the American Civil Liberties Union of Florida, in collaboration with Florida Legal Services and the Florida Justice Institute, launched the Equal Voting Rights Project.[10]

In June 2001, The U.S. Commission on Civil Rights released a report and statements[11][12] arguing that Florida was, on numerous counts, in violation of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and recommending:
On 1 count that "The U.S. Department of Justice should immediately initiate the litigation process against the governor, secretary of state, director of the Division of Elections, specific supervisors of elections, and other state and local officials responsible for the execution of election laws, practices, and procedures..."
On 1 count that "The U.S. Department of Justice should initiate the litigation process against the governor..."
On 1 count that "The U.S. Department of Justice should initiate the litigation process against the secretary of State..."
On 12 counts that "The U.S. Department of Justice and the Civil Rights Division in the Office of the Florida Attorney General should initiate the litigation process against state election officials..."
...And so on, totaling 20 recommendations involving the phrase "should initiate the litigation process" or "should immediately initiate the litigation process"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Central_Voter_File

With nasa being a major part of the states economy! WTF are they doing!!!

Also the state has the nhc and a ton of research equipment. This is something you'd expect out of a nut hole like miss or al.

they are a republican jerrymandered and manipulated state.

the republican party cheats big time in FL

Why is it this election didn't match the polling?

because the right in that state cheats in elections

Just like the left cheats in elections in other states, right? I'm so sick of idiots crying about voter fraud that doesn't exist. We have idiots on both sides claiming that voter fraud is determining the outcome of all these elections. Seriously? If it was true, on either side, then it would be provable, and people would be going to prison. Quacks to the right of me, and quacks to the left, about the only thing this forum is good for is a good laugh.

Its a place that would elect Kathern Harris.

they are insane there

See, you are right, they voted for Alex Sink (D) for governor, as well as Obama in both elections

in what elections?

not midterms huh

They have the same demographics that the country does.

They are browning and in presidential elections the cheating is JUST NOT ENOUGH to win anymore

Forum List

Back