Jolly Wins! ObamaCare Loses!

Jolly had abso-fucking-lutely nothing to say about healthcare reform except that the GOP had ways to make it better without government intervention. BFD. The GOP has no plan whatsoever, and they've had 4 years to come up with one. (yaaawwwwn......)

"Just how much of a bellwether was the special election in FL-13? If there’s one solid prediction to make in a special election, it’s that the winning side will call it a bellwether and the losing side will insist it’s not. In this case, though, denial will be difficult to support from Democrats, who poured $5.4 million into Alex Sink’s campaign, only to see her lose to David Jolly, a candidate the broad consensus called “flawed.”

The problem for Democrats will be that ObamaCare literally impacts everyone, and overwhelmingly in bad ways — by making insurance and health care more expensive, and doctors less willing to take new patients.

....the district should have been one of the Democratic Party’s most winnable targets. Of the 37 GOP-held seats that the Cook Political Report ranks as the most vulnerable to Democratic takeover, only 11 are more Democratic-friendly than Florida’s 13th. The district has just a narrow GOP registration edge.

“When the Democrats look at their playing field, they don’t have too many better seats to target. They don’t have too much of a prayer for winning the majority.”

Rather than moving to the center, Jolly pushed to the right, painting himself as a foe of President Barack Obama and his Affordable Care Act — and presenting Sink as a staunch ally."
Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be ?historic? Dem loss « Hot Air

PC that indicator will not show up in the polls. The Ds who want a much stronger ACA will either get their single-payer candidate in the primaries and lose in the general election or stay home during the general election in sufficient numbers to elect piss-poor R candidates such as Jolly or Scott for the governership at least here in FL.

However it does appear that except in the bluest of blue states/districts that an ACA position that can win the primary will lose in the general election.

In classic PC fashion, she loses all the arguments in her first thread on this topic, and then runs away to start exactly the same thread over again.

Lost how?

So far all we have is the fact that a democrat lost in a contested area where she outspent her republican opposition in an area that Obama won in. IOW, it is a CLEAR loss for the democrats in an election cycle where they need to pick up 20 seats.

I can’t fathom where she was ‘losing’ the argument here. Facts certainly do not disagree that the dems are in a bad way.

Jolly had abso-fucking-lutely nothing to say about healthcare reform except that the GOP had ways to make it better without government intervention. BFD. The GOP has no plan whatsoever, and they've had 4 years to come up with one. (yaaawwwwn......)

Irrelevant. The relevant part is where you LOST the seat. Apparently it IS a bfd – it is costing the dems the ability to take back the house and that has major implications for Obama’s last few years.

In classic PC fashion, she loses all the arguments in her first thread on this topic, and then runs away to start exactly the same thread over again.

Lost how?

So far all we have is the fact that a democrat lost in a contested area where she outspent her republican opposition in an area that Obama won in. IOW, it is a CLEAR loss for the democrats in an election cycle where they need to pick up 20 seats.

I can’t fathom where she was ‘losing’ the argument here. Facts certainly do not disagree that the dems are in a bad way.

A bad way compared to what? Compared to the average historical expectations for a 2nd term president's mid-term election?

in classic pc fashion, she loses all the arguments in her first thread on this topic, and then runs away to start exactly the same thread over again.

lost how?

So far all we have is the fact that a democrat lost in a contested area where she outspent her republican opposition in an area that obama won in. Iow, it is a clear loss for the democrats in an election cycle where they need to pick up 20 seats.

a bad way compared to what? Compared to the average historical expectations for a 2nd term president's mid-term election?

translation:

Obama is a failure; and i'm trying to find excuses and rationalizations for that

PC that indicator will not show up in the polls. The Ds who want a much stronger ACA will either get their single-payer candidate in the primaries and lose in the general election or stay home during the general election in sufficient numbers to elect piss-poor R candidates such as Jolly or Scott for the governership at least here in FL.

However it does appear that except in the bluest of blue states/districts that an ACA position that can win the primary will lose in the general election.

Willie, there is no hope for this nation until the designations "blue" and "red" are reversed, and put back where they belong.

lost how?

So far all we have is the fact that a democrat lost in a contested area where she outspent her republican opposition in an area that obama won in. Iow, it is a clear loss for the democrats in an election cycle where they need to pick up 20 seats.

a bad way compared to what? Compared to the average historical expectations for a 2nd term president's mid-term election?

translation:

Obama is a failure; and i'm trying to find excuses and rationalizations for that

I personally blame Bush.

one thing to keep in mind libercrats, Jolly won this election entirely on his own, the RNC done NOTHING to help him.

read below

Republican Party leadership is celebrating this week's special election win by Florida Republican David Jolly, which kept the House seat in GOP hands and helped make a point that Obamacare is a key election issue in the fall.

But radio talk show host Mark Levin says party leadership is hypocritical. Prior to his unexpected win, party leaders were not so complimentary of Jolly in a story published by Politico last Friday, four days before polls opened.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Mark Levin: Facts Show GOP Establishment 'Dumped All Over' Jolly

The last time a Democrat won the 13th district in Florida was 1973. I don't know the demographics but I'm guessing old, white and on Medicare.

Then why did that district pick her over Rick Scott for Governor?
Umm...are you familiar with Rick Scott?

Perhaps all those retirees were not wanting to vote for someone who defrauded Medicare.

Last edited:
The focus in this campaign was Medicare, not the Affordable Care Act.

Jolly ran on preserving Social Security and Medicare, and ran away from his previous lobbying for SS privatization,

as well as running away from the Romney/Ryan plans for SS and Medicare.

"David Jolly has been very clear on his position that he supports preserving Social Security,” campaign spokeswoman Sarah Bascom said in a statement. “In fact, that is one of the reasons he is on record saying he would not have voted for the Ryan budget because of certain changes to the Social Security program.”

Report indicates Jolly lobbied for Social Security reform but he says he did not | Tampa Bay Times

lost how?

translation:

Will the Democrats do worse this year than the Republicans did in 2006?

I'm going to rain on some parades here:

Repeal of Obamacare would be political suicide for the GOP. Increasingly it is the refugees from liberal money-pits like the ACA that are driving national politics and increasing red state GDP three times faster than blue state GDP.

THOU SHALT NOT INTERFERE WITH THY OPPONENT'S SUICIDE.

CA, MA, IL, RI, MD, WA, and MI are depopulating relative to the rest of the nation. More importantly it is the wealthy and/or educated who are leaving.

It is the poor and stupid that are moving into these blue states. This is desirable.

Washington state has the 7th highest rate of population growth between 2010 and 2013.
source please?

Based on your post, I assumed this was a source-free exchange. You go first if you want to change the rules.

Willie, there is no hope for this nation until the designations "blue" and "red" are reversed, and put back where they belong.

Since you don't work, who pays for your health insurance?

I've told you....I hold a high position at Stark Industries.

Corner office, in fact.

But as we're getting into personal information, ........which is your favorite over-night facility: refrigerator boxes, splintered pallets, Dumpsters, garbage cans, or subway grates?

Corner office, in fact.

But as we're getting into personal information, ........which is your favorite over-night facility: refrigerator boxes, splintered pallets, Dumpsters, garbage cans, or subway grates?

It was a rhetorical question. Why did Jolly say he wouldn't support the Ryan budget because of its cuts to Social Security?

1. Because he isn't quite the conservative you think he is, or,

2. he was just llying.

Corner office, in fact.

I live in a house built entirely out of lumber from the discarded crates your supply of recycled jokes came in.

Lost how?

Rep on the way.

She hasn't lost a debate yet.

These morons just get together somewhere and console each other while the butthurt works itself out (and they give each other a different form of the same....and call themselves liberated).

Forum List

Back