Jolly Wins! ObamaCare Loses!

Attention Democrats! Pay no attention to this vote. I think one of you pointed out this is a solid GOP district anyway. Therefore I believe you should publicly embrace Obamacare and make it integral to your campaign message. Also, consider inviting obama to campaign for you in your District.

Should Democrats pay more attention to this than conservatives did to the Virginia governor's election?

You remember that 'referendum', right?

Thirty-six million you say? That sure is a lot.

7-11-12UIACA.jpg

Off the Charts Blog | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities | Shannon Spillane

So....where did you get that colorful graph....Bazooka Comics?

I must be some sort of bug-light for high school drop-outs!

OK, OK.....tutorial to follow:

1. The CBO tables that I've provided indicate 36 million uninsured nonelderly Americans who will remain uninsured after ObamaCare kicks in (this was before the supposed king postponed various parts of same).

Now....view that again....more carefully this time.

Note that it does not mention how many will be covered.

Is that too nuanced a difference for you to absorb?

2. Your silly little graph screams "...Will Cut Number of Uninsured Drastically."

Clearly it is the kind of pap designed to warm the cockles of the heart of Obamunist simpletons.

Nor does it speak to the point I've documented via the CBO stats.

3. Now, speaking of the source of your silly little graph....the CBPP is a Ford Foundation group, i.e., left wing....with an agenda.

a. For example:
"A chart created by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) has been circulating among liberal bloggers such as Ezra Klein, James Fallows, and Andrew Sullivan."
Liberal Think Tank Fails Statistics | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News from The Heritage Foundation

You may return to the All-Cartoon Network now.

And stop putting your thumb in your mouth.

You accuse him of posting from a biased source and then you quote the Heritage Foundation?

lol, in all fairness to you there might be at most 3 conservatives on this board not stupid enough to do that.

I was hoping that someone would trip and fall into the verbal trap I set.....but, frankly, I was hoping it would be a bigger fish than you.

I used Heritage to show the source of his nonsense graph.

My source was the CBO.

OK...you're dismissed.
If I throw a stick will you go chase it?

Oh yeah the Obamacare sign up numbers for February were below expectations as well.

I'm sure the White House will describe that as that sign ups have been consistent...

Well, that's a distinct possibility. However, that means, that in order to meet goals for the end of March - 38,000 must sign up each and every day - 7 days a week in order to accomplish their "goals".

Ain't gonna happen. The "youth" that they were counting on - have walked away from Barry and his horse sh!t. Why spend money on "healthcare" with it's $8,000 deductibles when they can spend the cash on booze and dope?

I'm going to rain on some parades here:

Repeal of Obamacare would be political suicide for the GOP. Increasingly it is the refugees from liberal money-pits like the ACA that are driving national politics and increasing red state GDP three times faster than blue state GDP.

THOU SHALT NOT INTERFERE WITH THY OPPONENT'S SUICIDE.

CA, MA, IL, RI, MD, WA, and MI are depopulating relative to the rest of the nation. More importantly it is the wealthy and/or educated who are leaving.

It is the poor and stupid that are moving into these blue states. This is desirable.

Obama hung on and won the district both times, but as far as the congressional ballot goes, it's a heavily Republican district.

It's Katherine Harris' old district, which she won twice by 10 points.

The Republicans took it by 37 points in 2010.

In 2012, the Republicans took it by 15 points.

This evening they held on and took it by 2 points.

With Obama winning it twice and congressional Democrats edging closer and closer there, it's showing a nation-wide pattern that Republicans are getting old and dying while Democrats are expanding their base, despite the loss this evening.

Your analysis is false. It is not Katherine Harris's old district. The number is the same, but because of redistricting, the geography is different. Bill Young has represented this seat for 40 years. He won it by 15 points in 2012 because he was a long time incumbent. Now that it was an open seat and only a marginally Republican district (Cook PVI is R+1) a two point win is about what I would have expected to happen.

Yes, but the problem with the rating is that it is based on the average of the last three Presidential elections and not based on the average of the last three congressional elections. In terms of local politics, FL-13 is DECIDEDLY more than R+1. There was lots of disagreement when Cook first put out the index some 24 years ago, if memory recalls.

Montgomery County, OH (Dayton) is almost always a blue county in Ohio presidential, gubernatorial and senatorial politics. It was part of OH-03, is now, if I recall, OH-10. That CD (OH-03) elected a Republican Congressman for a number of decades. The the OH-03 was VERY VERY red in HOR politics, and purple in Senatorial and Gubernatorial politics and decidedly BLUE in presidential politics. The last Republican to win OH-03 was in 1988, as of 2016, 28 years ago. One political index doesn't do the trick for all three or four voting patterns. This is why understanding and ACCEPTING the electoral history of a geography (state, county, CD) is "half of the rent", so to speak.

I think you're putting too much emphasis on the party of Jolly and Young and too little emphasis on their respective voting bases. Young was a very well-liked incumbent that connected with many voters due to his ability to bring pork projects to the district. As shown in 2012, enough Obama voters will vote for Republican pork over a Democrat newbie. It's the same reason Charlie Crist won statewide but so did Sen Bill Nelson in the same election. Pork wins over party in Florida.

I'm sure the White House will describe that as that sign ups have been consistent...

Wouldn't be surprised at first they claimed 7million signed up would qualify as success then it was 5 million who knows what the number for success will be by the end of the month.

And virtually none of them are the ones who are supposedly going to overpay for insurance to make the numbers work. No one does on their own what liberals want them to, including liberals.

Well good old Kathy Sebelius has redefined the number that makes Obamacare a success again first 7 million then 5 million now her claim is millions of people with affordable health coverage is what success is by the time the end of the month is here she will have the definition of success being having farmer brown his wife and there cow signed up.

On the presidential level, yes. But a completely different clientele tends to come out for mid-terms versus prez elections, and yet an even different clientele tends to come out for specials before primary season, which was the case last night. mid-terms and specials are generally called "base" elections. Well, in CD-13, the GOP base is considerably larger than the DEM base, and indies tend to vote a lot less in mid-terms and specials.

We have seen this phenomenon over and over again, and it explains why a president's party can get pummeled in the mid-terms (see: Eisenhower 1954, Reagan 1982, Clinton 1994 and Obama 2010) and yet, go on to be re-elected in the next prez election.

In 2011, the DEMS won the majority of the Wisconsin state senate recall elections (but not enought to retake the state Senate) and at that time, I warned my Democratic friends that Walker was likely to remain in office in the case of a statewide recall election against him. Why? Because a different clientele shows up for those little specials as opposed to a big statewide election.

For this reason, it makes no sense to compare presidential election results per CD (results which, btw, are gathered up by crowdsourcing) to congressional results. You can even see the difference within the same election. Almost never does the same amount of voters cast votes for a Representative in any given CD as they do for president, even in the same cycle.

The comparsion can be fun or entertaining, but it is of no statistical predictive value at all.

Which is why I stood by my mid-JANUARY prediction that the GOP was likely to retain this seat.

Hope that information helps.

Do your numbers include the Obamacare effect?:eusa_whistle:....there is a reason Obama keeps postponing mandates

There's no way they can. They are numbers out of the past, that CD's track record, part of the congressional record. That's what electoral history means.

Then they don't mean much

y
So you believe your greedy idiot lying billionaires over theirs? Why exactly?

Ours want to pay MORE taxes, since they're not greedy lying stupid polluting cheating a-holes and know voodoo Reaganism is wrecking the nonrich and the country. See sig para. 1.

:lmao:

So why don't they pay them then?

I didn't say they were fools, dingbat dupe lol...

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised at first they claimed 7million signed up would qualify as success then it was 5 million who knows what the number for success will be by the end of the month.

And virtually none of them are the ones who are supposedly going to overpay for insurance to make the numbers work. No one does on their own what liberals want them to, including liberals.

Well good old Kathy Sebelius has redefined the number that makes Obamacare a success again first 7 million then 5 million now her claim is millions of people with affordable health coverage is what success is by the time the end of the month is here she will have the definition of success being having farmer brown his wife and there cow signed up.

then 48 million not insured

now 49 million not insured

Progress!

So you believe your greedy idiot lying billionaires over theirs? Why exactly?

Ours want to pay MORE taxes, since they're not greedy lying stupid polluting cheating a-holes and know voodoo Reaganism is wrecking the nonrich and the country. See sig para. 1.

"....voodoo Reaganism is wrecking the nonrich and the country."

You're so stupid I bet you think academia is a type of nut.

Lesson for today: Reagan increased the wealth of the nation.

1. Under Reagan, the debt went up $1.7 trillion, from $900 billion to $2.6 trillion.
2. But….the national wealth went up $ 17 trillion
3. Reagan's near-trillion-dollar bulge in defense spending transformed the global balance of power in favor of capitalism. Spurring a stock-market, energy, venture-capital, real-estate and employment boom, the Reagan tax-rate cuts and other pro-enterprise policies added some $17 trillion to America's private-sector assets, dwarfing the trillion-dollar rise in public-sector deficits and creating 45 million net new jobs at rising wages and salaries.

George Gilder: The Real Reagan Lesson for Romney-Ryan - WSJ.com

Reaganomics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. Obama: the very opposite-
"... the real (inflation-adjusted) median annual household income in America has fallen by 4.4 percent during the "recovery," after having fallen by 1.8 during the recession."
Incomes Have Dropped Twice as Much During the 'Recovery' as During the Recession | The Weekly Standard

How ya' like them apples, boyyyyeeeeee???

Yeah, another big Pub bubble, bust and scandal, the S&L crisis- and stopped paying for infrastructure, invented the homeless and his demented Pub shortsightedness wrecked the nonrich and the country, and produced the hater dupe.

Obama- get the fuck out of the way then, assholes...

In an election which has national significance, first time campaigner, Republican David Jolly wins in Florida election!

1. "Republican David Jolly Wins Fla. Congressional Special Election in Test Race Over Health Care

2. Republican David Jolly wins Fla. congressional special election in test race over health care...."
Republican David Jolly Wins Fla. Congressional Special Election in Test Race Over Health Care - ABC News

3. "After almost $9 million in outside spending, a storm of attacks and counterattacks and endless speculation about its implications for the midterms, voters have cast their ballots in the Florida special congressional election on Tuesday.
The stakes are particularly high for Democrats..."
2014 Florida special election: David Jolly, Alex Sink - POLITICO.com

IMO, I don't think he won because he's better then his democrat opponent, but because he just slightly sucks less.

Democrats outspent Jolly 4 to 1 and lost in that race. spin it anyway you want; it is a loss for Dems; and a bad sign for the Donkey

The vast majority of spending in this race came from outside groups where Republicans outspent Dems $5 million to $4 million. The worst part of it is that these outside groups can pretty much say anything and get away with it. Truth be damned.

I'm going to rain on some parades here:

Repeal of Obamacare would be political suicide for the GOP. Increasingly it is the refugees from liberal money-pits like the ACA that are driving national politics and increasing red state GDP three times faster than blue state GDP.

THOU SHALT NOT INTERFERE WITH THY OPPONENT'S SUICIDE.

CA, MA, IL, RI, MD, WA, and MI are depopulating relative to the rest of the nation. More importantly it is the wealthy and/or educated who are leaving.

It is the poor and stupid that are moving into these blue states. This is desirable.

Washington state has the 7th highest rate of population growth between 2010 and 2013.

Last edited:
So....where did you get that colorful graph....Bazooka Comics?

I must be some sort of bug-light for high school drop-outs!

OK, OK.....tutorial to follow:

1. The CBO tables that I've provided indicate 36 million uninsured nonelderly Americans who will remain uninsured after ObamaCare kicks in (this was before the supposed king postponed various parts of same).

Now....view that again....more carefully this time.

Note that it does not mention how many will be covered.

Is that too nuanced a difference for you to absorb?

2. Your silly little graph screams "...Will Cut Number of Uninsured Drastically."

Clearly it is the kind of pap designed to warm the cockles of the heart of Obamunist simpletons.

Nor does it speak to the point I've documented via the CBO stats.

3. Now, speaking of the source of your silly little graph....the CBPP is a Ford Foundation group, i.e., left wing....with an agenda.

a. For example:
"A chart created by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) has been circulating among liberal bloggers such as Ezra Klein, James Fallows, and Andrew Sullivan."
Liberal Think Tank Fails Statistics | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News from The Heritage Foundation

You may return to the All-Cartoon Network now.

And stop putting your thumb in your mouth.

You accuse him of posting from a biased source and then you quote the Heritage Foundation?

lol, in all fairness to you there might be at most 3 conservatives on this board not stupid enough to do that.

I was hoping that someone would trip and fall into the verbal trap I set.....but, frankly, I was hoping it would be a bigger fish than you.

I used Heritage to show the source of his nonsense graph.

My source was the CBO.

OK...you're dismissed.
If I throw a stick will you go chase it?

Your link goes to a budget/deficit article that has nothing to do with healthcare.

Democrats outspent Jolly 4 to 1 and lost in that race. spin it anyway you want; it is a loss for Dems; and a bad sign for the Donkey

The vast majority of spending in this race came from outside groups where Republicans outspent Dems $5 million to $4 million. The worst part of it is that these outside groups can pretty much say anything and get away with it. Truth be damned.

Link?

Link?

that sure is some big spin --LOL

the left has a serious case of butthurt over this one

Democrats outspent the Republican that won in Florida by almost a 4 to 1 margin.. the left-wing idiot claiming the opposite is lying to himself. typical

y

:lmao:

So why don't they pay them then?

I didn't say they were fools, dingbat dupe lol...

Your politicians are better because they want to pay more taxes, but they don't because they are not fools. But they are still better. And "I" am a dupe.

You just can't escape stupid, can you Franco?

Democrats outspent the Republican that won in Florida by almost a 4 to 1 margin.. the left-wing idiot claiming the opposite is lying to himself. typical

not only outspent the republican

but also a unknown republican

verses a well known democrat

the former Chief Financial officer for the state of Florida

and

Democrats’ 2010 gubernatorial nominee

bonus butthurt during that election she won that district --LOL--

Forum List

Back