Jon Stewart solves the contraception issue

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Jon Stewart rips Hobby Lobby: ?Corporations aren?t just people; they?re ill-informed people? | The Raw Story

Justice Anthony Kennedy, who frequently serves as the swing vote on a divided court, focused his questions on employer’s rights, saying that if an employer can be forced to pay for all types of contraception, they could “be forced, in principle, to pay for abortions.”

“Well, right, ‘principle,’” Stewart said. “(But) in fact, it would be the opposite of ‘yes’ for that, which I believe is ‘no.’ Because contraception is not the same thing as abortion. That’s a scientific fact.”

But, under the law, the government cannot question the accuracy of Hobby Lobby’s argument, which views contraceptives as agents that cause abortion.

“So let me get this straight,” Stewart said. “Corporations aren’t just people; they’re ill-informed people, whose factually incorrect beliefs must be upheld because they sincerely believe them anyway. I guess that’s why, at Hobby Lobby, they feed their 16,000 employees with but five loaves and two fish. What? The employees are still hungry? They believe you aren’t.”

Luckily, Stewart has the answer. Watch the video at the link to learn what we can all do to put a permanent end to this controversy.

Forum List

Back