Joss Whedon, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I thought the first episode was decent.

The second was less so.

I am not hopeful about the show at the moment. Too commercial, too cliche, and either the actors don't gel or the writing doesn't allow for it.

Remember, Joss Whedon only helped with writing the first episode. Other than that he's a producer. It is his brother Jed who is making the show. And, of course, the Marvel execs probably have a good amount of input.

There are good moments here and there, but overall the first two episodes have been forgettable.
Why would Marvel execs having a say be a bad thing? They did create the damn thing in this first place you know.

Executive input is, IMO, generally not a good thing. Even with the best intentions there is too much chance of screwing up what the writers/directors are trying to do.

that was the problem with the early Super Hero Movies....the writers, directors and Producers not knowing a dam thing about Comics.....thats one of the reasons WHY Marvel got involved....

Why would Marvel execs having a say be a bad thing? They did create the damn thing in this first place you know.

Executive input is, IMO, generally not a good thing. Even with the best intentions there is too much chance of screwing up what the writers/directors are trying to do.

that was the problem with the early Super Hero Movies....the writers, directors and Producers not knowing a dam thing about Comics.....thats one of the reasons WHY Marvel got involved....

And yet we still have movies that deviate wildly from the comics....

And what movies based on Marvel comics was Marvel NOT involved in?

I wonder if my point is not being understood. To put it simply, I think that the 'suits' may have a negative impact on this show. With the current popularity of the Marvel movie universe, the urge of various executives to stick their fingers into every project is probably a great one.

I wonder if my point is not being understood. To put it simply, I think that the 'suits' may have a negative impact on this show. With the current popularity of the Marvel movie universe, the urge of various executives to stick their fingers into every project is probably a great one.

a big reason Marvel got involved is because so many of the early movies and TV shows were pretty cheesy and poorly done....so they started making the movies themselves with some help of course..... Disney studios....they wanted a quality production....

a big reason Marvel got involved is because so many of the early movies and TV shows were pretty cheesy and poorly done....so they started making the movies themselves with some help of course..... Disney studios....they wanted a quality production....

Again, what Marvel movies were made without Marvel's involvement? I know Spider-Man, X-men and Fantastic Four because they don't own the movie rights.....but there were also some quality movies in there.

Again, what Marvel movies were made without Marvel's involvement? I know Spider-Man, X-men and Fantastic Four because they don't own the movie rights.....but there were also some quality movies in there.

they were not the early days....any Marvel movie that has Avi Arad as its Producer has Marvel involved in its production......those 3 you mention have Avi Arad as its producer....Marvel had a say in those....

they were not the early days....any Marvel movie that has Avi Arad as its Producer has Marvel involved in its production......those 3 you mention have Avi Arad as its producer....Marvel had a say in those....

They weren't made by Marvel studios. They were made by Fox.

If you aren't aware, Joss Whedon plans on using the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Avengers 2. However, because Marvel doesn't own the movie rights to X-Men, they are not going to be mentioned as mutants in the movie. On the other hand, the same characters are going to be in Days of Future Past, and I assume they WILL be mutants.

Part of the reason for some of these movies/reboots being made is so studios other than Marvel can retain the movie rights.

Oh, and I'm not sure if you were saying Marvel got help from Disney earlier. Disney isn't and hasn't 'helped' Marvel, they own Marvel. :)

If you aren't aware, Joss Whedon plans on using the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Avengers 2. However, because Marvel doesn't own the movie rights to X-Men, they are not going to be mentioned as mutants in the movie. On the other hand, the same characters are going to be in Days of Future Past, and I assume they WILL be mutants.

Part of the reason for some of these movies/reboots being made is so studios other than Marvel can retain the movie rights.

Oh, and I'm not sure if you were saying Marvel got help from Disney earlier. Disney isn't and hasn't 'helped' Marvel, they own Marvel. :)

with Avi Arad as the Producer....Marvels eyes and mouthpiece in these Movies.....

Oh, and I'm not sure if you were saying Marvel got help from Disney earlier. Disney isn't and hasn't 'helped' Marvel, they own Marvel.

yes i know....but they also have money and the existing infrastructure for Marvel to make these movies.....and there is a reason Avi Arad was and is Ex.Producer of all these films....

Forum List

Back