🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Juan Williams: Race and the Gun Debate

tap4154

VIP Member
Dec 8, 2012
Surf City USA
All the focus on AR15s. 30 round magazines, and old white guys are FAR off target...

==================================

This week much of the talk about gun control concerns New York Mayor Michael
Bloomberg's $12 million ad campaign to put pressure on senators in key states to
support legislation that he backs. Or the talk is about the National Rifle
Association's pushback against the Bloomberg campaign. Then there was last
week's mini-tempest over Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's decision not to
include Sen. Dianne Feinstein's assault-weapon ban in a comprehensive
gun-control bill the Senate will take up next month.

One thing you don't hear much about in the discussions of guns: race.

That is an astonishing omission, because race ought to be an inescapable part of
the debate. Gun-related violence and murders are concentrated among blacks and
Latinos in big cities. Murders with guns are the No. 1 cause of death for
African-American men between the ages of 15 and 34. But talking about race in
the context of guns would also mean taking on a subject that can't be addressed
by passing a law: the family-breakdown issues that lead too many minority
children to find social status and power in guns.

The statistics are staggering. In 2009, for example, the Centers for Disease
Control reported that 54% of all murders committed, overwhelmingly with guns,
are murders of black people. Black people are about 13% of the population.

The Justice Department reports that between 1980 and 2008, "blacks were six
times more likely than whites to be homicide victims and seven times more likely
than whites to commit homicide."

Juan Williams: Race and the Gun Debate - WSJ.com

Yeah, I don't think it's deniable that the push for magazine capacity limits is driven by a mostly white suburban electorate that fears mass killings by crazy people.

However, gun checks are rationally aimed not just at crazies but straw purchases, and gun control folks are tending to push for more straw purchase enforcement.

Yeah, I don't think it's deniable that the push for magazine capacity limits is driven by a mostly white suburban electorate that fears mass killings by crazy people.

However, gun checks are rationally aimed not just at crazies but straw purchases, and gun control folks are tending to push for more straw purchase enforcement.

I don't buy that at all.

It's just the anti-gun far Left AGAIN using a tragedy to try to disarm mainstream America.

Obamacare was the foundation for the new Social Justice/Nanny State/Govt-Centric America, and disarming the population is the second step.

Last edited:

I don't buy that at all.

It's just the anti-gun far Left AGAIN using a tragedy to try to disarm mainstream America.

Obamacare was the foundation for the new Social Justice/Nanny State/Govt-centric America, and disarming the population is the second step.

I realize you're a victim tap, but the reality is no one wants your gun, aside from the common burglar. And I realize the "news outlets" you frequent don't cover it, but there have been african americans commenting that the magazine limit/assault weapon folks don't seem to concerned with the vast maj of gun homocides.

This awful reality explains why support for gun control in the black and Hispanic community is overwhelming (71% among blacks and 78% of Hispanics, according to a recent Pew poll). That is a marked contrast with national polls on new gun laws. Those polls show 46% of Americans of all races backing the right to own guns versus 50% who agree to the need for more limits on gun owners. Apparently, the heart of opposition to new gun regulations is in the white community. Yet white people face far less daily violence with guns.

I agree with him

The shame and silence is enforced by civil-rights leaders who speak in support of gun control but never about a dysfunctional gangster-rap culture that glorifies promiscuity, drug dealers and the power of the gun.

I will never understand this line of thinking. Maybe he's using another definition for the word never but Civil Rights leaders address this issue all the time. And as soon as they finish someone claims they never did it...again! Unfortunatley no one likes to play the comments from Sharpton, Jackson and others as much as they like a tune that cranks. So you will always hear about more guns etc when it gets played 100x more and our current society LOVES celebs more any do-gooders

This awful reality explains why support for gun control in the black and Hispanic community is overwhelming (71% among blacks and 78% of Hispanics, according to a recent Pew poll). That is a marked contrast with national polls on new gun laws. Those polls show 46% of Americans of all races backing the right to own guns versus 50% who agree to the need for more limits on gun owners. Apparently, the heart of opposition to new gun regulations is in the white community. Yet white people face far less daily violence with guns.

I agree with him

The shame and silence is enforced by civil-rights leaders who speak in support of gun control but never about a dysfunctional gangster-rap culture that glorifies promiscuity, drug dealers and the power of the gun.

I will never understand this line of thinking. Maybe he's using another definition for the word never but Civil Rights leaders address this issue all the time. And as soon as they finish someone claims they never did it...again! Unfortunatley no one likes to play the comments from Sharpton, Jackson and others as much as they like a tune that cranks. So you will always hear about more guns etc when it gets played 100x more and our current society LOVES celebs more any do-gooders

Link us to the many comments made by Sharpton and Jackson speaking out against the "dysfunctional gangster-rap culture that glorifies promiscuity, drug dealers and the power of the gun."

I don't buy that at all.

Obamacare was the foundation for the new Social Justice/Nanny State/Govt-centric America, and disarming the population is the second step.

I realize you're a victim tap, but the reality is no one wants your gun, aside from the common burglar. And I realize the "news outlets" you frequent don't cover it, but there have been african americans commenting that the magazine limit/assault weapon folks don't seem to concerned with the vast maj of gun homocides.

Remember a time when we were told that not wearing a seat belt was going to be a secondary offense, that we would never be pulled over for it unless we were doing something else wrong? I do. And we see now that seat belts will get you stopped, tagged and ticketed as a primary offense. Oh, how soon people forget. The same was said about cell phones recently... Also a lie. And you actually believe because they say they don't want your guns, that they really don't want your guns? The gun control freaks don't care about controlling guns on the street, and reducing homicides... They care about controlling people by disarming them and quieting them while an ideology rolls over the America the Founders envisioned. The last thing liberal anti gun Democrats care about is African Americans killing each other, or they wouldn't be concentrating their gun control efforts on trampling the Freedoms of Law abiding citizens, they'd be going after criminals and the mentally ill. The only thing I would ask African Americans is "what's the view look like from under the Liberal bus?"

I agree with him

Link us to the many comments made by Sharpton and Jackson speaking out against the "dysfunctional gangster-rap culture that glorifies promiscuity, drug dealers and the power of the gun."

I know this game you ask for proof, then once you get it, claims it's not "real proof" or how it doesnt count

Rev. Jesse Jackson Takes on Black-on-Black Violence | News | BET

Al Sharpton Leads March Calling For More 'Decency' In Hip-Hop Lyrics - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com

Let the game begin

I agree with him

I know this game you ask for proof, then once you get it, claims it's not "real proof" or how it doesnt count

Al Sharpton Leads March Calling For More 'Decency' In Hip-Hop Lyrics - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com

Let the game begin

Jackson didn't make any comments about the "dysfunctional gangster-rap culture that glorifies promiscuity, drug dealers and the power of the gun."

Sharpton said that six years ago. How is it working? And what has he said since on this topic?

Your comment which I bolded makes one think that these clowns talk about this issue, to use your words, "all the time".

Like I said before, you are incapable of being honest.

Let the game begin

Jackson didn't make any comments about the "dysfunctional gangster-rap culture that glorifies promiscuity, drug dealers and the power of the gun."

Sharpton said that six years ago. How is it working? And what has he said since on this topic?

Your comment which I bolded makes one think that these clowns talk about this issue, to use your words, "all the time".

Like I said before, you are incapable of being honest.

Predictable

Is Juan black enough to discuss such an issue?

Like any black man that dares to step off the Dem Plantation/agenda, he will by summarily lynched and whipped on all the "tolerant" liberal media outlets.

What plantation? There are still Black people forced to live and work on a plantation? It's funny how white racist pigs and their Black and minority ignorant sycophants would refer to a party that has a lot more Black people in Congress than the republican party, and was responsible for getting the first Black president elected, and call it a "plantation". Would you say that the majority of Jewish people who vote Democrat are on the Democrat "concentration camp"?

Oh Pheonix they mean "plantation" in a non-offensive racially inclusive way. Why dont more blacks flock to the loving arms of the Republican party? Its baffling

Is Juan black enough to discuss such an issue?

Like any black man that dares to step off the Dem Plantation/agenda, he will by summarily lynched and whipped on all the "tolerant" liberal media outlets.

What plantation? There are still Black people forced to live and work on a plantation? It's funny how white racist pigs and their Black and minority ignorant sycophants would refer to a party that has a lot more Black people in Congress than the republican party, and was responsible for getting the first Black president elected, and call it a "plantation". Would you say that the majority of Jewish people who vote Democrat are on the Democrat "concentration camp"?

What about the majority of Asians who voted Democrat, are they on the "Democrat/internment camp"? What about the Hispanics, are they on the "Democrat migrant farm"? How come you people don't hurl those insults at other minority groups with the frequency and venom that you do towards "the Blacks"? Then you pigs have the nerve to wonder why many Black people tell you and your party to go FUCK YOURSELVES YOU PIECES OF SHIT.

Forum List

Back