Judge allows armed monitoring of Drop Boxes

The danger is that voters of color will be intimidated to the extent that they’ll refrain from voting altogether.

The danger is that such voter intimidation will further erode the political process and undermine our democratic institutions.

It is not hyperbolic to acknowledge the fact democracy continues to be under attack; this form of voter intimidation being one of many examples.
Armed Mexican Americans will keep you Leftards from voting!

If Democrats hadn't paid thousands of people to illegally drop off dozens of ballots each in the 2020 election and turn off video monitors there wouldn't be a need for ballot box monitoring.
Yet, no illegal ballots were found

This is clearly a bad-faith effort by conservatives to intimidate voters of color – perceived to be likely Democratic voters – and prevent voters of color from voting.
So... people simply watching drop boxes, not standing in front of them, nor brandishing weapons at them, should be a crime? If you have a link showing any of these citizens threatening anyone, please cite it. The reality is that despite the rhetoric, drop boxes and a mass mailing of unrequested ballots - IN THE BATTLEGROUND STATES - gave the Left an opportunity to steal an election.

Every American should be invested in ensuring elections CAN BE TRUSTED. If anyone actually blocks access to drop boxes then it should be very easy to film them in the act and have them prosecuted.

I guess you have a second amendment right to bring your gun while you monitor Arizona Drop Boxes. How can THAT be voter intimidation?

“A federal judge Friday refused to bar a group from monitoring outdoor ballot boxes in Arizona’s largest county where watchers have shown up armed and in ballistic vests, saying to do so could violate the monitors’ constitutional rights.”
I think the weirder idea is how half of the population seems to actively fight against having lax to no monitoring of drop boxes.

You so funny Clayton, Democrats have used racist fearmongering for 60 years to keep voters like you scared and voting the DEM ticket.
For conservatives, of course, this is a non-issue; Republicans will support anything that prevents voters of color from voting – gerrymandering, closing voting venues in minority communities, opposing early voting and voting my mail, and in this case intimidation at voting drop boxes.

making threatening statements and wearing paramilitary uniforms in front of polling station doors
I agree with the above statement. No one has asserted that anyone has been blocked from dropping their ballots. These drop boxes are placed on PUBLIC property and as such, anyone approaching them can be legally filmed. Only someone interested in dumping illegal numbers of ballots would be torqued over this.

I think the weirder idea is how half of the population seems to actively fight against having lax to no monitoring of drop boxes.

Does anyone monitor mail boxes?

1667060422258.jpeg

Apparently voter intimidation is the only we can prevent stolen elections in the future.
The drop boxes invite voter fraud AND a dangerous reaction from all sides

Maybe Black LIES Matter or the New Black Panthers will show up to confront the right wingers

If so there could be shooting

I'm wondering what the exact danger is here?
Really? Have you not seen the reporting on the MASSIVE amounts of crime, especially in blue cities? As long as observers keep their weapons holstered or slung, there should be no problem.

I agree with the above statement. No one has asserted that anyone has been blocked from dropping their ballots. These drop boxes are placed on PUBLIC property and as such, anyone approaching them can be legally filmed. Only someone interested in dumping illegal numbers of ballots would be torqued over this.

Maybe someone is intimidated by someone wearing a mask and armed with an AR15

So... people simply watching drop boxes, not standing in front of them, nor brandishing weapons at them, should be a crime? If you have a link showing any of these citizens threatening anyone, please cite it. The reality is that despite the rhetoric, drop boxes and a mass mailing of unrequested ballots - IN THE BATTLEGROUND STATES - gave the Left an opportunity to steal an election.

Every American should be invested in ensuring elections CAN BE TRUSTED. If anyone actually blocks access to drop boxes then it should be very easy to film them in the act and have them prosecuted.
There is no objective, factual, logical reason for armed individuals to ‘stand guard’ at voting drop boxes save that to intimidate voters of color and other minority voters.

Forum List

Back