Judge Chutkan Has Trump’s Jan. 6 Case Back And Is Ready To Roll

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
After its ponderous sojourn at the Supreme Court, the Jan. 6 case against Donald Trump was officially returned Friday to U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan in Washington, D.C., and she immediately picked it back up again and started moving it forward.

Among her initial actions, notably undertaken over the weekend, Chutkan:

1. set a Friday, Aug. 9 deadline for the parties to submit a proposed scheduling order for pretrial proceedings;
  2. set a status conference for next Friday, Aug. 16,
  3. denied a pending Trump motion to dismiss the case on statutory grounds, but gave him the chance to re-up it once the immunity questions in the case are resolved.
  4. denied a pending Trump motion to dismiss the case on the grounds of selective and vindictive prosecution.
And just like that, the case was up and running again. But don’t hold your breath that this will go to trial before the election. Time is simply too short at this point.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/morni...s-trumps-jan-6-case-back-and-is-ready-to-roll

But, and this is a big but, the SCOTUS successfully dragged its feet..........delaying the immunity ruling for months........making it impossible for the case to come to trial before the election..........just like the majority wanted.

There has been some specious discussion about Biden weaponizing the DoJ. Between trump's SC's active assistance in delaying this case, and of course his sock puppet Aileen trying to block his prosecution in the docs case, no prez in history has been so advantaged by the corrupt result of judicial appointments.

Last edited:
After its ponderous sojourn at the Supreme Court, the Jan. 6 case against Donald Trump was officially returned Friday to U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan in Washington, D.C., and she immediately picked it back up again and started moving it forward.

1. set a Friday, Aug. 9 deadline for the parties to submit a proposed scheduling order for pretrial proceedings;
  3. denied a pending Trump motion to dismiss the case on statutory grounds, but gave him the chance to re-up it once the immunity questions in the case are resolved.
  4. denied a pending Trump motion to dismiss the case on the grounds of selective and vindictive prosecution.
And just like that, the case was up and running again. But don’t hold your breath that this will go to trial before the election. Time is simply too short at this point.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/morni...s-trumps-jan-6-case-back-and-is-ready-to-roll

But, and this is a big but, the SCOTUS successfully dragged its feet..........delaying the immunity ruling for months........making it impossible for the case to come to trial..........just like the majority wanted.

There has been some specious discussion about Biden weaponizing the DoJ. Between trump's SC's active assistance in delaying this case, and of course his sock puppet Aileen trying to block his prosecution in the docs case, no prez in history has been so advantaged by the corrupt result of judicial appointments.
Trump Legal Blow: Judge Chucks Out Bid to Dismiss 2020 Election Meddling Case --

‘There’s No Meaningful Evidence’​

Judge Chutkan said Trump’s legal team had provided “no meaningful evidence” the former president had been prosecuted for “vindictive and political purposes”.​

The judge rejected both arguments, with Chutkan writing in her ruling that Trump was not charged merely for challenging the results but because he “knowingly made false statements in furtherance of criminal conspiracies and for obstruction of election certification proceedings”.

SCOTUS hands down more bad news...

The United States Supreme Court this week denied Missouri Republican Attorney General Andrew Bailey's request to block Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's prosecution of former President Donald Trump.

But, and this is a big but, the SCOTUS successfully dragged its feet..........delaying the immunity ruling for months........making it impossible for the case to come to trial..........just like the majority wanted.

It's amazing how you idiots don't realize this is just the way to rile his base. The past examples didn't educate you morons?

Bullshit no president in history has been victimized by lawfare the way this one has.

Last edited:
Trump Legal Blow: Judge Chucks Out Bid to Dismiss 2020 Election Meddling Case --

‘There’s No Meaningful Evidence’​

Judge Chutkan said Trump’s legal team had provided “no meaningful evidence” the former president had been prosecuted for “vindictive and political purposes”.​

The judge rejected both arguments, with Chutkan writing in her ruling that Trump was not charged merely for challenging the results but because he “knowingly made false statements in furtherance of criminal conspiracies and for obstruction of election certification proceedings”.​

Finally, a competent Federal Judge who can actually issue a ruling without taking months to do it unlike that MAGAT hack from Florida who was in the tank for Trump from day one.

With no intention to hijack or dilute OP 'berg80's pertinent thread on Judge Chutkan's next moves, there is also this news today about the 'Fraudulent Elector Conspiracies'.

It's about Jenna Ellis, one of the 'Elite Strike Force' that Rudy G. put together to push the Election Denial movement under Don Trump's orders. It appears Ellis is gonna go 'state's evidence' and flip on the other indicted conspirators. If I was one of those accused fraudulent electors.....I wouldn't welcome this news at all.
With all the recent hoopla involving Biden dropping out, the surging Harris, and Trump's American black/Indian shrilling....well, the Trump Trials haven't gone away.
IMHO, Don Trump absolutely positively must win the Oval Office in the November elections or some of his alleged crimes are gonna catch up to him.
----------------------------------------------------

"Former Trump attorney Jenna Ellis agrees to cooperate in Arizona elector case"
In a deal that allows Ellis to avoid potential jail time, she has agreed to provide prosecutors with evidence that could implicate other defendants.

Last edited:
But, and this is a big but, the SCOTUS successfully dragged its feet..........delaying the immunity ruling for months........making it impossible for the case to come to trial before the election..........just like the majority wanted.
True.

But regardless the efforts of the Court’s conservative majority to act to Trump’s political benefit, let’s all hope that Trump will finally be brought to justice.

Chutkan went on to find that most of Trump’s arguments were speculative or conclusory and that he “proffered no meaningful evidence” that would justify a hearing on his motion to allow him to try to develop a factual record.

Because all he ever does is submit vapid motions designed to delay.

/----/ "Trump said ‘I Don’t Care About You. I Just Want Your Vote’"

Full quote: "And by the way, isn't that breeze nice? Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me; we need every voter. I don't care about you; I just want your vote. I don't care. See, now the press will take that. They'll say he said a horrible thing."
The missing context is that during the course of the speech, Trump commented several times on the excessively hot temperatures in Las Vegas on June 9 – which exceeded 100 F – at one point saying that the Secret Service had expressed concern for the crowd's safety. Trump joked about not wanting members of the crowd to leave, claiming he didn't care about them, only their vote. The crowd met this with laughter.

Meanwhile, Dementia Joe told a construction worker, "I don't work for you."

On Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court denied the request.

"Missouri's motion for leave to file a bill of complaint is denied, and its motion for preliminary relief or a stay is dismissed as moot," the high court's statement noted. "Justice Thomas and Justice Alito would grant the motion for leave to file the bill of complaint but would not grant other relief."

/----/ "Trump said ‘I Don’t Care About You. I Just Want Your Vote’"

Full quote: "And by the way, isn't that breeze nice? Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me; we need every voter. I don't care about you; I just want your vote. I don't care. See, now the press will take that. They'll say he said a horrible thing."
The missing context is that during the course of the speech, Trump commented several times on the excessively hot temperatures in Las Vegas on June 9 – which exceeded 100 F – at one point saying that the Secret Service had expressed concern for the crowd's safety. Trump joked about not wanting members of the crowd to leave, claiming he didn't care about them, only their vote. The crowd met this with laughter.

Meanwhile, Dementia Joe told a construction worker, "I don't work for you."
Trump has to pay NY half a billion. Works for me.

On Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court denied the request. Bad news for whom?

"Missouri's motion for leave to file a bill of complaint is denied, and its motion for preliminary relief or a stay is dismissed as moot," the high court's statement noted. "Justice Thomas and Justice Alito would grant the motion for leave to file the bill of complaint but would not grant other relief."

Forum List

Back