Judge issues ruling on unsealing FBI Trump raid warrant

'Unsealed TODAY'

Anyone taking bets on what exact TIME 'today' the DOJ gets around to doing it?
All that has to happen is for the president (currently Joe Biden) to wave his magic wand, and make the affidavit classified.

Lots of caveats and time to appeal but the magistrate judge says he is prepared to unseal parts of the DOJ’s search warrant affidavit.

There is still stuff to contend with. But it is a small step in the right direction and is not necessarily done without malice.
As I understand it, it is a stronger decision than that. He said he would allow the DOJ to redact parts of it if they could prove revealing those parts would do enough damage to law enforcement to overcome the public's right to know what was in the affidavit. The burden of proof is on the DOJ.

As I understand it, it is a stronger decision than that. He said he would allow the DOJ to redact parts of it if they could prove revealing those parts would do enough damage to law enforcement to overcome the public's right to know what was in the affidavit. The burden of proof is on the DOJ.
Yeah. But. If they no like his decision, they will appeal it. And the appeal process will drag out as long as they care or make it drag out. And then, if they are still unhappy, they may appeal it again.

Yeah. But. If they no like his decision, they will appeal it. And the appeal process will drag out as long as they care or make it drag out. And then, if they are still unhappy, they may appeal it again.
They can try to but the more they try to cover up the contents of theaffidavit the more it will discredit the integrity of the search and the whole investigation.

They can try to but the more they try to cover up the contents of theaffidavit the more it will discredit the integrity of the search and the whole investigation.
I am not sure they care. This is all stagecraft. Their goal isn’t justice. It’s just political.

That said, even if they were inclined to move swiftly, the process probably does require some time.

I think the goal of Biden's DOJ will be to keep the affidavit sealed until after the November elections.
Actually the DOJ is looking forward to releasing a redacted copy. Remember, the DOJ wrote it with as much damning information as possible.

Their only objection is information that might identify the witnesses, who would be under death threats from Trump supporters.
e

Why is it the lefties do not want to know the nature of the seized documents?

Thats fucking weird.

So is this the affidavit or not? I guess we'll find out

Bank on it being just more obfuscation drip-drip. Just enough for them to falsely claim that they're being transparent when the real truth is opposite.
Neo-Marxist Dimm's are so F'in predictable!!

I am not sure they care. This is all stagecraft. Their goal isn’t justice. It’s just political.

That said, even if they were inclined to move swiftly, the process probably does require some time.
The DOJ has to present its arguments for redactions by August 25 and the judge will issue his final decision shortly after. I don't see what grounds the DOJ would have for an appeal unless the judge makes a clear error in law. They can't just say they don't like that decision and want a do over.

I agree the whole investigation is only to try to smear Trump by treating him as a criminal despite the fact there is no evidence of any crime, so if it now appears the DOJ is trying to withhold evidence that the affidavit included fraudulent material it may well cost the Democrats the trust of independent voters or even split the Party.

The DOJ has to present its arguments for redactions by August 25 and the judge will issue his final decision shortly after. I don't see what grounds the DOJ would have for an appeal unless the judge makes a clear error in law. They can't just say they don't like that decision and want a do over.

I agree the whole investigation is only to try to smear Trump by treating him as a criminal despite the fact there is no evidence of any crime, so if it now appears the DOJ is trying to withhold evidence that the affidavit included fraudulent material it may well cost the Democrats the trust of independent voters or even split the Party.
The DOJ doesn’t need no steenkin’ reasons. They will continue to play games.

As I recall this judge stated that he could not be impartial where Trump is concerned. IE: personal issues with him. This makes anything and everything he does suspect. He should have had no involvement from the start given the previous recusal.
This is why you people cannot see official documents like warrants and affidavits.
All you do is use the information to attack and slander all parties involved;
witnesses....judges, etc.
Attacking this judge does not exonerate Trump.

I still do not get it.

Lefties, why dont you want to know what documents were taken from Trump’s home? Do you even know?

Actually the DOJ is looking forward to releasing a redacted copy. Remember, the DOJ wrote it with as much damning information as possible.

Their only objection is information that might identify the witnesses, who would be under death threats from Trump supporters.
e
The only things in the affidavit are reasons the DOJ claims gives them probable cause to believe the specified documents are hidden in Trump's underwear drawer.

The judge has already ruled that the public has an overwhelming right to know what is in the affidavit and while the DOJ may present its recommendations for what might be redacted, the judge will make the final decision on what, if anything, will be redacted. My guess is that the judge will only allow redactions of items that might compromise national security and not the names of people because other people might be pissed off at them.

Forum List

Back