Judge orders Trump to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

He can start a new corporation in any State but New York. And he can sell licenses, like his sneaker brand.
Ok, so why can’t he move his corporations to another state? I’d be curious to hear the reason they are making it difficult for him to do so. The only reason I can’t think of is for spite.

They ruled that he must pay the money and they ruled that he can’t be in control of his New York businesses, so, why did they also add provision that he needs to inform the AG if he wants to change or move his business? To me that appears like they are wanting to force him into staying in New York, or, they are trying to further harm him by preventing him from making financial decisions about his business.

It seems they want his money but they also want to punish him. Hell, should he decide to move his corporations out of nee York, as much as they hate him, you’d think they would be happy to see him leave.

Mac1958 Another thing I have noticed...

A lot of posters who swore up-and-down for 3 years that they don't support Trump have now decided to become human shields for him at every opportunity and in every thread.

It's almost as if they weren't being completely honest with us.

You don’t see the difference? Of course you don’t, why do I even ask lol.

Some of those who say they don’t support trump (Me) have told you exactly why they push back on you. You just refuse to believe it. I supposed it “feels better to remain vexed with hate than to admit the truth.

You should let it go, it will make you feel better….more free..

Ok, so why can’t he move his corporations to another state? I’d be curious to hear the reason they are making it difficult for him to do so.'

He can, who told you he couldn't?

I mean beyond the obvious difficulty with picking up a real estate and moving it. But that is another issue.

WW

He cannot. That is the main thrust of the injunction granted to James before the trial even started, I believe.

He cannot do anything with any of it without court approval. He can start a new company in another state, but TrumpCo and its assets are now under supervision of the court.

Mac1958 Another thing I have noticed...

A lot of posters who swore up-and-down for 3 years that they don't support Trump have now decided to become human shields for him at every opportunity and in every thread.

It's almost as if they weren't being completely honest with us.
We're in uncharted territory. This is about far more than politics or America for them. It's deeply personal.

I do understand this more than I did before, but the intense personal attachment to that person -- it's just inexplicable, and what it says about this country is disturbing.

I mean beyond the obvious difficulty with picking up a real estate and moving it. But that is another issue.

WW
The judgment says that he can’t take any action with his companies unless he gives notice to the AG or the state of New York.

If you were genuinely interested in this, you would google it and read about it.

I suggest you do. I did. So I know the answer.
I have read..and none of the articles state WHY they made that particular injunction..just that they DID make it.

I’m trying to figure out WHY they would prevent him from moving out of state.

I know that you're too biased to be rational.

Especially because you're (more likely than not) paid to trash Republicans here at USMB.
:laugh:

I know I'm wasting my time, so since I'm essentially posting to a brick wall, I'll just copy and paste a post of mine from another thread.

Not in a blue state, and not a lefty. In fact, I have many basic agreements with the Right.

My problem is your ignorant, mal-informed, arrogant, ham-handed, paranoid, caveman approach to the issues, and my fear is that you'll end up handing the whole thing over to the hardcore Left as a result of your ridiculous hubris and embarrassing ineptitude. Either that, or that you'll just fucking destroy us altogether.

I know you'll pretend you don't believe that, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

The judgment says that he can’t take any action with his companies unless he gives notice to the AG or the state of New York.

Correct.

He just needs to pay his judgements due in the State of New York which would be Hmmmm in the area of $500,000,000 (including his fraud and what is owed to Carroll), and then he's free to shut down his business in New York, sell off any remaining assets, and setup business somewhere else.

He's free to just pay his debts and move.

WW

lol

All that Ukraine money could have sheltered and fed every homeless American for 12 years.

I truly don't think he has the capacity to change much. He's a spoiled, angry child. Spoiled, angry children can learn, and they can control themselves in spurts, but the rage is going to get out at some point.
You're probably right. He never listens to his lawyers and tries to use the witness box as a campaign platform and ends up incriminating himself.

You're probably right. He never listens to his lawyers and tries to use the witness box as a campaign platform and ends up incriminating himself.
Yeah. I wonder what Habba was thinking all those times she was standing behind him and he was bitching to the press during the trial, just making things worse.

A normal, intelligent attorney would have been absolutely mortified, but who knows. She sure acts like a True Believer, a Manson Girl.

Yeah. I wonder what Habba was thinking all those times she was standing behind him and he was bitching to the press during the trial, just making things worse.

A normal, intelligent attorney would have been absolutely mortified, but who knows. She sure acts like a True Believer, a Manson Girl.
It would be interest to know what Trump's legal expenses are. They've got to be huge.

The judges opinion was not evidence. The fraudulent statements Trump submit to the bank were. I don't recall any banker testifying but there were a lot witnesses.
You are aware that according to the NY statutes that Trump has been convicted of violating it isn't necessary that any party is able to claim "harm" or "damage" aren't you?
It all comes down to three questions?
Was fraud committed?
Yes.
Was the fraud illegal?
Yes.
Period.
Then Judge Engoran had to set a dollar amount based upon the illegal gains the Trump Org. received as a result of the fraud plus fines and interest.
"The cult considers the judgement unfair" is simply not a valid legal argument nor is it grounds for a legitimate appeal.

What a laughable joke. The banks wanted to loan them money and made a bunch of money on he deal. It is as simple as that.
The people of New York was the plaintiff, not the bank. Whether the bank made or lost money is totally irrelevant.

Forum List

Back